Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Just Diagnosed

charleyb

Illeostomy

Hello lovely people

Just wondered if anyone has any tips or advice for me in regards to Charlies illeostomy tomorrow? Just wondered if there is anything i can get or do to make him more comfortable? Good food choices when he gets home from hospital?

:x::x::x:

charleyb

and you @HopsiFAP i`m going to keep the faith!!! And get Charlie fit and healthy and able to cope with two big surgeries :x::x::x:

Lots of Love for Monday, please check in with me and let me know its all gone ok :x::x:

sweetcheeks

@charleyb , lovely to hear such positive news 😊:x::x:

GD1962

Hi @charleyb

Hope all goes well, hugs and prayers :x::x::x::x:

HopsiFAP

@charleyb Great plan!! Definitely helped me being fit for the surgery. (And chemo). Thanks so much. I will probably be off line for a while but as soon as I'm home I'll be in touch. Lots of love :x::x::x:

charleyb

Thanks @GD1962 and @sweetcheeks very pleased there were no suprises with this appoint, and glad he was so positive. Bit disappointed it will have to be by open surgery, but as the surgeon said it needs to come out! He did say that it will be biopsied during the surgery and if it turns out to be lung cancer (slight chance but remote) then more lung will be take out, but he also said it could be the remainder of an infection, so not even related. Anyway if will only affect hubbys overall fitness by a fraction, so hubby is pleased that he can get back to the gym after. Hope you are both doing ok? :x:

sweetcheeks

@charleyb , that does sound good , ( isn't it surreal what makes us happy these days! ) It sounds like you have a great team onboard ,
Enjoy your weekend
Tracey

Meezermum

@HopsiFAP . Warm water on my hands is a great tip and thank you @itfc1959 for t The mouth too . My hands seem to go stiff unexpectedly , but can cop with that .
@charleyb . You do seem to be in good hands a and greatest you can talk to the surgeon directly . That is a real bonus . Just get your great man for a ready . Hugs :x::x:

charleyb

@sweetcheeks and @Meezermum we`ve just been for an hour walk with the boys in the woods, lovely september weather, not too cold with a bit of sun :x::x:

Meezermum

@charleyb . That's great . I have my personal cat blanket this morning :x::x:

HopsiFAP

@charleyb Hi Lovely. I hope Charlie is doing ok? Just to let you know I'm home safe now. Exhausted and sore and lost weight again but I'll be on the road to recovery soon after a few days rest. They seem to be really happy with the way the op went so I'm pleased. Mr Rasheed came to visit me a few times too which was so kind of him and Katy popped over on Friday too. You guys are in great hands with them. Anyway just wanted to say hi and lots of love :x::x::x:

charleyb

@HopsiFAP so great to hear from you!!!!!

I am so glad you are doing well and home now!!! Weight will go back on in no time at all!!!

Charlie is really good, and we moved house last weekend so we have both been busy with that. Chemo number 4 tomo, so we are getting thru them now!! Onc here, does not want to see us for 4 weeks as he is sailing thru she calls it, so hope that is a good sign!! He looks so so well, you would never believe 1. he has cancer and 2. he is on chemo, hes still working!!! We have the scan for radio in couple of weeks ready for after chemo. Hoping we only have one weeks radio, but i think Mr Rasheed wants us to have 5 weeks, so we shall see.

HopsiFAP

@charleyb wow he's doing so well with working and chemo at the same time .. and moving house. Bless him. What an absolute hero. Once chemo gets going it's so good to tick them off hey. I know it would be frustrating to have 5 weeks of radiotherapy but that will count down quickly if so.

Thanks for you're kind words. I know I'll be fine, it just feels a wee bit daunting again right now. Zero energy but I know it's just time and taking it one day at a time.

Speak to you soon. Glad to hear things are going so well.
Much love :x::x:

charleyb

@HopsiFAP keep me posted how you are doing! and it was so nice to hear that Katy and Mr Rasheed visited you, very kind of them :x::x:

HopsiFAP

@charleyb I will do. I know they are so kind. Mr Rasheed is like my guardian angel.

charleyb

@HopsiFAP i hope he is Charlies too, he promised he would fix him!! :x::x::x:

HopsiFAP

@charleyb He's the man and when he's confident then it can only be a good thing. But me too. ❤️❤️ Lots of love :x::x:

charleyb

Thank you!! how are you feeling today @HopsiFAP ? :x::x:

HopsiFAP

@charleyb Much better thank you. I think getting home really took it out of me but now I'm home and able to nibble on things every so often I am happier. Still exhausted obviously and pretty sore but I will only get better. I've friends nipping in and out and doing chores for me which is so kind and very much appreciated. How are you guys? :x::x:

charleyb

@HopsiFAP doing really well actually. The nurses are the chemo clinic have just called to say that Charlies cea is down from 68 a the start to 20!!!! after only 3 cycles, so i`m hoping this is a good sign that the scan after cycle 6 will show blimin good shrinkage!!!
So glad to hear you are feeling better!! :x::x:

HopsiFAP

@charleyb wow that's fantastic news!!! I'm so happy for both of you. Thank you :x::x: