Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

Chris82

Hooray, it's a Picolax day

I have a colonoscopy tomorrow (just a scheduled one, as it's been a while since my surgery) so today is the fun bowel prep day. I've done this loads of times now but it's still rather frustrating...

Alan C

Good Luck.:o

CD1966

Loads of luck for tomorrow @Chris82!

Lady GT

Hope you are coping okay with Nuclear Poop Day @Chris82 .
And good luck for tomorrow. :x:

angepange

Oh @Chris82 , no fun at all! Thinking of you and your bowel!! :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Isn't bowel prep just THE worst @Chris82 Hoping all goes well tomorrow and you manage a poop free sleep! 💛💙💜💚❤️

Chris82

All done, and a clear bowel. Obviously would be nice if I didn't have the lymph nodes to worry about, but some reassurance that there's no sign of local recurrence. Time to eat!

Polly 1

Brilliant @Chris82 enjoy your lunch :x::x:

Baxter2

Great news @CHRIS Enjoy lunch! We've just arrived in London and can't believe the heat!! 💜💙💚💛❤️

Brian

@Chris82 So glad to share this news Chris. Enjoy breaking your fast! hugs, B :x:

Lady GT

Hey @Chris82 , a nice clear bowel, that's what we like to hear. Congratulations! :x:

CD1966

Fantastic news @Chris82 - hope you treated yourself to something delicious!

Clancy

Brilliant, this is good news.:x:

Bear G

Great news @Chris82, 'clear bowel' is always good to hear. Hope you've had a celebratory ice cream!
:x::x:

Michele

Yey @Chris82 , I hope you celebrated with something delicious :x::x:

Alwyn

Pleased to hear that @Chris82. Node involvement is such a pain. :x::x:

HH79

Hi @Chris82 might your lymphs be suitable for radiotherapy at some stage? Have a google SABR although am sure you know about all this. Great bowel all clear! :x:

Chris82

Hi @HH79. Yes, we've talked about it before. The basic answer is that there are too many, but it's obviously something to keep an eye on.

Chris82

My oncologist was one of the first to use Cyberknife in the UK, so unfortunately I think he's likely correct.

HH79

Hi @Chris82 that's a shame but who knows, maybe the chemo or a new Chemo will come along that will shrink them well and could become possible in the future. Enjoy normal movements now colonoscopy all done! :x: