Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

General Discussion

Bear G

Bear Beard Fundraising Update - week 2

Well I'm two weeks into the sponsored one year Bear Beard and it's starting to get a bit itchy!
Well over £1000 raised for Beating Bowel Cancer already, thank you to everyone here who's donated, here's the link for anyone who'd like to:
www.justgiving.com/fundraising/bearbeard
Very pleased to say that Martyn is growing his beard for Bear Beard 365 too, I met him in hospital as we had our resections a couple of days apart and we've been friends ever since.
There are lots more things planned as part of Strive for Five, all in aid of BBC, website coming soon and you can follow me on Twitter: @striveforfiveBC
I ventured back to the gym for the first time in 3 months, the break was initially because of side effects from my chemo and then for the lung ablation. Feeling like I have more energy now so starting the keep fit again
Xx

CD1966

Looking good @Bear G - glad to hear you're back in the gym again!

Bridget55

Beards are in @Bear G. Suits you but can imagine it feels hot in the warm weather and a bit of an adjustment when you are normally clean shaven. Only another 11 plus months to go. Well done ! Glad you are getting back to your routine of gym. Bridget :x::x:

LABluebell

The designer stubble phase - sported by many a celebrity heartthrob! Looking good @ Bear G!!!

mem

It suits you @Bear G! And what a fantastic amount already raised! ☺️ :x::x::x:

Trinity

Looking good ! :x:

springer michelle

Hey look at you :x::x:

DianeS

Suits you @Bear G it may be the new you......very trendy :x::x::x::x:

Bear G

Thank you to the lovely people at L'Oreal for the Skin & Stubble Moisturising Gel.
This'll help me through the itchy and scratchy phase of Bear Beard 365

#bearbeard365
#striveforfiveBC
#beatbowelcancer

Lizalou

Hi @Bear G
Well done so far, looking forward to the updates (my generous tax paying husband has donated!)

Bear G

Oh cool, thank you @Lizalou and please thank him! That's taken the total past £1100 😃
:x::x:

OFJ

Looking good @Bear G 😘😘😘 :x::x:

BaronGreenback

There is so much testosterone on this thread @Bear G that I fear that I may have just spontaneously become pregnant 😂 Good luck with the awesome beard. Hope you are well :)

Bear G

Ha ha. Thank you @BaronGreenback and great to hear from you
Was that your anonymous donation too?
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

Ben81

Great beard @Bear G! Glad you are feeling a bit better and have made it back to the gym. All the best, Ben.

Bear G

Thanks for your donation too @Ben81
Much appreciated 👍🏼