Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

kim74

So Frustrating!

Is it just me or are there others with a problem of your oncologist not ringing you when they say they would? I last saw mine three weeks ago he told me that he would have some of the answers for me in two days although it would take 10 days for the rest. Fair enough I thought, so last Friday I rang as I hadn't hear anything, his secretary told me he was on leave so she would email him ready for a call on Monday. Monday came and went no call spoke to clinical nurse on Tuesday, he is in meetings all day and on Wednesday,but he will phone latest on Thursday. Thursday came and went no call. Today Friday called the clinical nurse answer machine left message. Four hours later still no call back from her, phoned secretary she is so sorry that his has not phoned as he does want to speak to me and will be phoning today. Well you've guess it no phone call. I don't get it I know that they are very busy people but the stress it has caused me this week I could do without, so its the weekend now so will have to wait until Monday and start all over again. As if fighting cancer isn't bad enough! Feel better for letting this out.
Kim :x::x:

blueorchid

@kim74 you have my fullest sympathy. That's all I have been doing the last year.... Waiting for people to get back to me..... I am very fed up with this.

LynneW

I cannot believe the ignorance of people, because that is what it is. If they have said they will ring you back, they should call you. It is a matter of politeness at least! AND in our circumstances it is vital that no more stress is piled on! We had our own wait over the week-end too, I find it so difficult to comprehend these people. I read somewhere that no-one is REALLY too busy to call you back. One or two days is acceptable, a week even, if they are on leave? But more than that is really unforgivable and extremely rude! Best of luck to you, Kim. I hope that you will have some good news after all this! :x::x::x:

Community user
Quote from @LynneW:
I cannot believe the ignorance of people, because that is what it is. If they have said they will ring you back, they should call you. It is a matter of politeness at least! AND in our circumstances it is vital that no more stress is piled on! We had our own wait over the week-end too, I find it so difficult to comprehend these people. I read somewhere that no-one is REALLY too busy to call you back. One or two days is acceptable, a week even, if they are on leave? But more than that is really unforgivable and extremely rude! Best of luck to you, Kim. I hope that you will have some good news after all this!

I feel your pain but NHS in crisis. Its the system not the doctors. I had urgent CT on Friday for suspected reoccurrence and bowel block. Sent homemwtice at a and e. Phoned radiologist and he said nthat reports are backlogged upmto 8:weeks.Hope I can hold out as eating getting harder.