Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

When bowel cancer returns

mem

Scan results ...

Hi all. Well it's back. It was confirmed yesterday that there is active growth in my lower-lobe on my left lung.
I'm feeling ok, just a little numb. Has it sunk in? I'm not sure? My results will be included on a couple of MDT's next week, the lung one being next Thursday, so hopefully I will have an appointment a week this Friday to see where we go from here.
Heart of hearts I'm feeling the 'inoperable' word is coming my way, due to a previous appointment, but anything above that will be fab, so we'll see?
I'm going on holiday in 3wks, so the blob will just have to come with me! There is no way that's getting cancelled. I'm looking forward to it more than ever now πŸ˜¬β˜€οΈ!
Lots of love to you all 😘 :x::x:

El Ivan

Thanks @mem and hope it goes well for you on Thursday @Brian πŸ˜ƒ :x:

Alan C

Have a nice weekend and enjoy your holiday @mem and going forward fingers are firmly crossed for you. I hope you pick up @Brian and get back to your old self. Best Wishes to all here.

angepange

Bon voyage @mem !:x::x:

suzanne1957

Sending hugs. Enjoy your holiday. :x::x:

CD1966

Glad to hear you're getting what sounds like the full monty of tests etc @Brian - good luck on Thurs. It sounds as if you have a good team in your corner!

Quote from @Brian:
@CD1966 Thanks so much. I've been having trouble with a racing heart; it's going three times as fast as normal. It's not settled yet so I'm having more tests on Thursday before either cardioversion or ablation. Appreciate your good wishes. hugs, b

mem

Thankyou @Alan C @suzanne1957 and @angepange 😘 :x::x:

Sparrow

@mem, how very frustrating that you have more waiting and are none the wiser. Grrr. Sending you loads love and big hugs xxx
@Brian, I'm sorry to hear you've been poorly with heart issues.. racing heart is not fun. Especially one three times faster... You must feel exhausted. My father has had cardioversion a few times as his heart went into AFIB a few times and had to be shocked back into sinus rhythm. (?) I hope I said that right. Anyway, I remember how much better he felt after the cardioversion. Could yours be chemo related?
All the very best for Thursday and I hope that you feel much better very soon. Much love and hugs xxx πŸ’™

Rach

Hi @mem I'm sorry to hear you've been messed around again. Very frustrating and bloody annoying! Sending love and a huge hug :x::x::x::x:

@Brian I'm sorry to hear you've been poorly. Good luck on Thursday :x::x::x::x:

Polly 1

Sorry to hear things are not straight forward and I hope you get more info soon. Enjoy the rest of the weekend @mem and love to @Brian too :x::x:

Brian

Thanks @Polly 1 Appreciate your good wishes. hugs, B :x:

Sussex34

@mem so sorry to read your update. I hope that you are able to have a lovely holiday. Sending you lots of good wishes and strength :x::x:

mem

Thankyou for your kind words and support @Sparrow @Rach @Polly 1 and @Sussex34 😘 :x::x::x:

Bob

Sorry to hear your news @mem, I hope they some up with a good treatment plan soon and in the meantime that you have a lovely holiday and are able forget this whilst you are away. Also sorry to hear you have been unwell @Brian, although having such a big heart it probably needs to beat faster! Bob :x:

Jaynesr

Yes your holiday will be just what you need! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘™πŸ· to get you fighting fit and ready for the last hurdle! πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼
Give it a good kicking, gorgeous!! 😘
:x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

mem

Thankyou @Bob and @Jaynesr 😘 and I certainly will Jayne πŸ’ͺ πŸ’• :x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

Jorton

Hi @mem so frustrating when you just want answers. I trust you have a good team in Leeds? My lung surgeon was particularly good :x:

mem

Hi @Jorton. Yes it is frustrating! I do have great teams in both hospitals and definitely a fab lung guy. We had the same didn't we? It just the frustration of things not happening when they should (behind the scenes) and adding more avoidable time to this waiting lark. But I'm carrying on regardless(ish). I'm sure there will be the best plan in place for when I get back; unless I have to have a PET scan beforehand that is?!
Hope all is well with you 😊:x::x:

Jorton

@mem Milton?

All ok with me. Still gutted to read about the news for you and El Ivan. It really hits home how vulnerable we all are :x::x:

Despite the wait at least you have some comfort in that you trust the team. :x::x:

mem

Yeah Mr Milton @Jorton 😊. Glad you're doing ok and yes it does bring it home and make you think (worry) when you hear of recurrences. But that won't happen again with you, so there! We're going to kick-butt big time (well once my plan has been sorted that is!)
Good to hear from you and you take care :x::x:

Jorton

Top surgeon and a nice guy to boot.

Fingers firmly crossed for no more reoccurrences and a kick ass atttitude needed :x: