Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

Stage 4 bowel cancer

Jaynesr

Finished cycle 17!

So that's another cycle finished and am feeling pretty damned good!! The mahoosive lump in abdo has visibly shrunk a lot (and I'm hoping what remains is scarring). Scans on Friday then off to Spain for first overseas holiday since diagnosis September 15. Hopefully scans will reveal massive shrinkage again - maybe even NED??? And I can have a good long break!!!! Although I was gutted to hear that they're no longer considering surgery or ablation (for the time being) due to extent of spread, I'm also a little relieved to have a 'proper' break without teeing up for more hospital stays πŸ™‚. Looking forward to enjoying a brilliant Summer with my gorgeous boys then finally getting on with house extensions in September. πŸ˜€.
Never imagined I'd say this again but life is good and, actually, I'm pretty darned amazing!!! Hugs to all - especially stage 4 newbies - there is light at the end of the diagnosis tunnel!! πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼 XX.

Sparrow

@Jaynesr, what lovely news! Well done getting through 17 cycles! Hope you have a fabulous trip to Spain. Good luck with your scan. Big hugs :x::x::x:

Jaybec

@Jaynesr 17 cycles, you've rocked this. You are amazing bird :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Oh wow! Fantastic news @Jaynesr Have an amazing chemo free holiday and get those running shoes looked out! πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈ

soz

@Jaynesr sounds like you deserve a lovely break...your positivity is fabulous keep strong and enjoy :x:

Sean

This post has cheered me up no end. Go you @Jaynesr !

blueorchid

love to hear your update @Jaynesr brilliant news and enjoy your holiday

Jaynesr

So the scans are back and the chemo has kicked it all into touch again so it's 3 months off then rescan August 30th. We talked about surgery but the team feel that with with 3 sites of spread (peritoneum, liver and lungs) surgery would do more harm than good. But I am mindful of the fact that 21 months ago it was looking likely that I wouldn't reach 18 months and now look! I feel absolutely great and fit as a fiddle so I'm running with this; training for pretty muddy in September and hoping for a looooooooong period without regrowth! 🀞πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ‘πŸ»

HH79

I love this @Jaynesr well done you xxx sometimes it does just go!!! You can be a little special stat! Why not, someone has to! :x:

Yay @Jaynesr really pleased for you. I hope you have a wonderful break with your family .I'm back to chemo on 22nd after a year break so long periods without growth are possible. Onwards lovely ladyπŸ’œπŸ’ͺ

Juliem1969

Brilliant @Jaynesr :x::x:

CD1966

Just read this update @Jaynesr and wanted to say all power to you - what inspirational stuff! Got everything crossed for your next scan and so pleased you can have a little break from the chemo. Perhaps your team will start thinking about the potential for ablation or cyberknife or some of these other pseudo-surgical treatments to deal with any little buggers?

Sparrow

Hey there @Jaynesr, what amazing news! Well done on the great chemo response :)
Enjoy your three months off.
I'm so happy that you are feeling great and fit and training for pretty muddy in september- that sounds really fun and what a fun goal!
Sending you loads of love and big hugs πŸ’™

Beck R

Fabulous news

Bear G

Fantastic news @Jaynesr so pleased for you - you and your chemo are an amazing team!!
Just shows that these estimates from the docs are just that, estimates. We can exceed them!
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

El Ivan

Brilliant to read your update @Jaynesr and long may it continue indeed πŸ˜ƒ :x:

kim74

Great news @Jaynesr it's so nice to have a break, enjoy got to make the most of it, amazing lady kicking cancer every step of the way.
Best wishes
Kim :x::x:

fnkyf8

@Jaynesr absolutely brilliant news. 17 cycles! I've struggled with 7. Enjoy every minute of your 3 mths off :x::x::x:

mem

πŸ’ͺ❀️@Jaynesr :x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

angepange

Well done @Jaynesr !! So pleased you are having a much needed chemo break! :x::x::x:

MaggieMae

@Jaynesr - Brilliant news. Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your chemo break. Hugs Maggie :x::x: