Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

DianeS

A meet for a belated birthday for @Bashful

Does anyone fancy a meet to wish @Dan-888 belated 60th birthday wishes. Was thinking towards the end of March. Love meeting up always gives everyone a lift :x::x::x::x::x::x:

Alwyn

Thank you cancer. Through you I have met a lovely group of people. I shall not be thanking you for anything else however!! :x::x:

Rach

It was so lovely to meet you all. It really brightened up my day. You're all beautiful and wonderful. Looking forward to the next one. Lots of love :x::x::x::x:

blueorchid

Haha @Alwyn yes thank you cancer ❤️

DianeS

Awwwww I'm so glad you all enjoyed yourselves today @Dan-888, @blueorchid, @Rach, @Alwyn, @Scardycat, @Chris82 and @Margaret68. Love the photos. Our meets are so lovely and I really missed seeing you all, and felt bad for @springer michelle as I know Michelle was looking forward to it too. We will have to make up next time. Love to you all Diane :x::x::x::x::x:

springer michelle

Ah we wol get a meet very soon i hope. Our bond is special and actually meeting is so amazing. :x:

Terrish

While it is fresh in everyone's minds, we could pencil in a date for a meet up in my garden and a walk in the bluebell woods next door. Would mid week or a weekend be better? I don't mind, and I doubt we will find a day that suits everyone but we can try!

I am in Hertfordshire (AL69) just outside Welwyn, and the nearest train station is either Knebworth (4 mins) Welwyn North or Stevenage if anyone needs picking up - last time we had a selection of cakes with tea and coffee but I have quite a few bottles of prosecco given to me over the last year and I could do with a hand to make a start on it :)

@Scardycat @blueorchid @springer michelle @DianeS @Dan-888 @Tiffany @Chris82 @Alwyn - please tag anyone else as I'm not sure who went in the end! @Delboy - think you are quite near?

I will start a new thread once we get a rough idea of what days are popular. Last time we met on 5th May but maybe a week earlier would be better.

Scardycat

Prosseco and bluebells sounds a good combo. Weekday afternoons best for me, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday :x::x:

DianeS

Wooo that sounds so lovely @Terrish. I am going for a port flush next Wednesday, but am totally free after that. I noticed a few bluebells are out in the woods by my house and they are so pretty. Love D :x::x::x::x:

springer michelle

I'm in Trish, can't wait :x:

Ben81

Great Photo's! Glad you had a good time. Sorry again I couldn't make it, look foward to meeting you all at the next one. :)

Ben81

That does sound like a lovely idea @Terrish. I would really like to come along. I'm away hiking in the canaries until the 4th of May (it's a tough life) so the week before the 5th would be tricky for me. If it suits everyone else better though don't worry as it's difficult to work around everyone. Hope to meet you all soon.

springer michelle

It's definitely worth the visit, it's truly magical. :x:

Alwyn

That sounds lovely @Terrish. I will look into travel options. I could do most days in May apart from Wednesdays :x::x:

blueorchid

@Alwyn I could pick you up from Hatfield station it's not the nearest stop to Terrish but will be cheaper and I live nearby

Alwyn

Thanks @blueorchid I will look in to that option then. Good luck for tomorrow I will be thinking about you. :x::x:

lynn collier

Thanks blueorchid and Diane

Would love to meet you all lovely bunch :x::x::x:

Margaret68

@Alwyn @Dan-888 @Chris82 @Tiffany @Scardycat @Rach @blueorchid Hi all just home after a busy few days in London and wanted to say a very big thank you for our lovely get together. It was lovely meeting you all and putting faces to the names :x::x::x:

Dan-888

Looks like we'll be meeting up here again!
:D

DianeS

Looking forward to seeing you @Dan-888 :x::x::x::x: