Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Relatives and friends

Billie

SIRT alert!

My hubbie had SIRT on Wednesday this week. We had the appointment back in September then got a call the other day for a further consultation. Things moved very quickly. He came home the next day and feels like hes had a huge dose of chemo again. Its so hard sleeping separately as I am at risk of having the same side effects. Trying very hard to stick to the rules whilst trying to coax him into eating more and taking the huge amount of pills at the right time. We know how lucky we have been as we were told that he will be the last person at that hospital to have this procedure due to lack of funding. Its an absolute disgrace. I feel so bad for those who won't be able to access SIRT. We don't know if this will work or not as the tumours have grown bigger and doubled in numbers. This has to work and the Consultant said that it was a matter of extending life and giving a better quality of life. I hope & pray that it will work as my husband is my hero. I don't know if I could have taken the amount of procedures and chemo he has endured. He is surrounded by a very loving family and great friends which illustrates how amazing a human being he is. I will keep you all posted. :x::x:

Juliem1969

So sorry @Billie a terrible time for you, in our thoughts :x::x::x:

Brian

@Billie My sincere condolences. We are here for you. In my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, B :x:

blueorchid

Dear @Billie I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. You two have fought so hard. Sending you love and my prayers. Christine.

Jacey Connell

@Billie So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you :x::x::x:

CD1966

That is terrible news @Billie - thinking of you and your family.

LABluebell

@Billie I wish I had words to comfort you but I know there are none. Holding you close and sending young gentle hugs. :x::x::x:

Daffodil

@Billie, so sorry to hear your news. All my love :x::x::x:

springer michelle

@Billie, I'm so very sorry for your loss. There simply isn't any words, I want to just hug you :x::x::x::x:

CCGC62

@Billie my sincere condolences and so sad to read
Take care :x::x::x:

Baxter2

@Billie, I am so very sorry to read your devastating news. Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family. Xx?

fnkyf8

@Billie I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Sending you love and thoughts :x::x:

DianeS

So sad to hear of your hubby's passing @Billie. This disease is so cruel and leaves devastated families behind. Sending all my love to you and your family ?❤? Diane :x::x::x:

Catherine Blakeney

@Billie sorry to hear about your hubbys passing, sending you big big hugs :x::x::x:

mem

So sorry to hear your sad news @Billie. Sending love to you and your family :x::x:

MaryHB

@Billie my sincere condolences for your loss, will keep you and your family in my prayers :x::x:

HilaryB

@Billie, so courageous of you to post this news so soon after your dearest husband passed away. I can't begin to imagine the pain...my thoughts are with you and all who loved and cared for him. Hilary :x::x:

Alwyn

So very sorry to hear this @Billie way too young to go like this. My thoughts are with you. :x::x:

palace1960

So sorry to read this dreadful news @Billie - my sincere condolences to you and your family. - Ron :x::x:

Mandy

Just to say so very sorry to hear this.Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs :x::x:

Billie

It's now 9 months since my darling husband died and it's only now that I can face reading all your replies. This forum was such a lifeline for me & truly the best people with the most supportive & informative site. Thank you all for your lovely comments it's very touching. I'm living a different hell now without him but at least he isn't suffering now. I pray every day that you & your loved ones get through these hard times. ❤️ Love & hugs to you all :x::x::x: