Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

Scattyblonde

scars.....tattoos

Once this is all over I will have lots of little scars from surgery, I'm thinking once my stoma is reversed I might have a tattoo to cover the scar it leaves behind, I quite like the idea of a butterfly. Thinking I could even contact tattoo fixers......do you think Sketch would do it.......yum.....;D

Anyone had their scars tattooed?

Sparkles

Im sooooo jealous @Scattyblonde that is totally awesome!! You win that ....i feel mugged off ? :x::x:

Scattyblonde

1 all @Sparkles

ps I am actually Donna (I do Rachel's job but Donna is cooler!)....... ;)

:x::x::x:

Sparkles

?????????????.. your welcome @Scattyblonde xx

Sparkles

Sorry for having a blonde moment @Scattyblonde, is your name Donna? ? ... wow, how similar are our tastes!!! Ok so growing up i loved gangster films, Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro???? :x::x:

Scattyblonde

Phwoar @Sparkles can't believe I didn't see this earlier, Mr Statham on a Friday night......

My name isn't Donna, I just like to think that I am as efficient and all knowing as the redhead Mike & Harvey couldn't live without....

:x::x::x:

Sparkles

Ooooh i know, its a lovely pic isnt it @Scattyblonde .... well i was a bit confused, i read it the way you just explained but then read it again and thought omg what if your name is Donna!! Jeeeeese im glad thats cleared up haha, imagine if i started calling you Donna you be like .... eh??!! Awkwaaaard!! ????? :x::x:

Scattyblonde

@Sparkles its a really lovely pic, I also love Cillian Murphy from Peaky Blinders, if you haven't watched it you should, I have a feeling you'll like Tommy Shelby.......

Scattyblonde

Hahahaha, re the Donna thing, I probably would just have thought you were making reference to how cool I am because Donna is pretty awesome...... ;) :x::x:

Sparkles

@Scattyblonde ive thought about Peaky Blinders, it's on netflix, i might check it out while im recovering after my op :x::x:

springer michelle

Ohhhh, pesky blinders, my favourite. And him oh yeah.
Oh and poldark, ohhhhhhh

Sparkles

So Donna ??? this could be done better but i like the design @Scattyblonde xx

Scattyblonde

@Sparkles, you must watch Peaky Blinders on Netflix, I think you'll like it a lot! I like that butterfly, I'm sure Sketch could improve it!

@springer michelle haven't watch Polldark but seen some rather lovely pics posted on facebook by friends. They're filming another series of Peaky Blinders..........

:x::x:

Sparkles

So @Scattyblonde im thinking of a feather ..... what do you think ? obviously downsize xx

Scattyblonde

Oooh @Sparkles I like those! Very feminine!

Juliem1969

Oo @Sparkles love the middle feather :x::x:

Sparkles

I know @Scattyblonde and @Juliem1969 think im definitely going to have a feather, smaller version tho ? i think i like the bottom one best but then again i like the idea of the birds flying away :x::x:

Scattyblonde

I do really like the feathers, oh now you've got me thinking @Sparkles, butterfly or feather, or even something else. As I have some time to go before my reversal and the scars probably need to be at least a year old if not more I have plenty of time to explore options.......

Sparkles

I vote feathers @Scattyblonde..... have one of each, you deserve it :x::x:

robbiedoo62

I am going to get a beautiful flower tattoo’d over my ileostomy scar when it’s reversed- with the words’ thanks for the memories’ around it ! Love the idea of tattoos over scars from something so important in our lives - a beautiful work of art - as we ALL are

eyeofthetiger

P.s I had to wait a year before they would tattoo the scarred breast. I had a lot of nerves still in breast which is why it hurt but tattooist said most people dont' feel anything as nerve normal dead in scarred area. She even had one patient fall asleep during the tattoo! :x::x::x: