Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

Sparkles

Time Out ....... πŸ’ŸπŸ’šβ€

Just stealing a little corner of this wonderful forum for a time-out! After diagnosis or diagnosis of a loved one, the world can become "heavy", im a big fan of a time-out, ok, so im just a day dreamer! im also a big fan of trying to find something to smile about everyday hence im always bombarding my friends with silly pictures/posters or sayings ..... lets create a mexican smile and enjoy 5 minutes πŸ’ŸπŸ’™πŸ’šβ€ xx

Sparkles

Priorities @Baxter2 πŸ’…πŸ’‹πŸ’„πŸ‘‘πŸ‘— πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I like your style :x::x:

Baxter2

Haha! I know @Sparkles!

I knew I wasn’t as ill as they maybe thought I was. I did get a fright when I was taken into the resus area of A&E but all was well! The first nurse in there looked at me in surprise and said, β€˜you look pretty well’ I agreed and admitted I wasn’t going to show up until I had dried and straightened my hair and sorted my make up! I have standards!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Sparkles

Sparkles

Sparkles

Baxter2

Love this @Sparkles!

I like this quote too! Great for lapsed catholics like me! Never been to church voluntarily since I left home apart from funerals!

Hope you’re doing ok?

KπŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’›β€οΈ

Sparkles

Beautiful @Baxter2 .. Im ok 😁 Im waiting to go for the camera 😣 for my check-up, hope your ok :x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @Sparkles,

Oh no, the camera.....and the bowel prep! At least they can get a good close look and hopefully reassure you that all’s well! I found mine very interesting actually!

Hope it all goes well! When is it?

K πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’›β€οΈ

Sparkles

I was ok the first time but this time im a little nervous due to scar tissure etc, i chosen to be sedated πŸ˜‰ :x::x:

Baxter2

I can understand that decision for sure @Sparkles!

Sending all my love and very best wishes for a positive result!

KπŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’›β€οΈ

Sparkles

Kathy L

Sparkles

Sparkles

You all know i love a good smile .... I always smile at people *surprised im not in a white jacket* Sometimes i think for some people it may be the only one they get that day and it really can brighten someones day 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊 xx

Sparkles

Gypsy

You all know i love a good smile .... I always smile at people *surprised im not in a white jacket* Sometimes i think for some people it may be the only one they get that day and it really can brighten someones day 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊 xx
I agree with you so much @Sparkles
Out with friends today and I said to Dolly, if we get our photo taken, it really is best to smile!

Sparkles

Awwww fabulous @Gypsy you definitely made me smile with your photo :x::x:

Baxter2

Lovely photo of you both @Gypsy! Looking great!

KπŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’›β€οΈ

DianeS

Aaaah lovely smile @Gypsy that would make anyone feel good. It looks beautiful where you are riding :x::x::x::x:

kitti

@Gypsy thats a lovely photo! Hope you had a great time :x::x::x: