Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Younger people with bowel cancer

Sean

Hey Everyone!

Hey guys!

I'm a 32 yr old male and I have recently been diagnosed with colo-rectal and liver cancer, of which there is a fair bit :( I havn't actually been told my staging, tho i can tell by the way I have been rushed onto chemo (fol-fori) it's very advanced.

My bowels had been very erractic for the past 8-12 months, at the start of the year I became very constipated, GP prescriped Laxido, which eventually started to help things along.

Forward to the last week of April, when I started developing a very heavy, and severe pain in my liver. Which led me bringing myself into A&E. I told the docs I had a bad pain in my liver, tho they were certain it was my appendix/gallstone. Was too young, apparently, to have Liver problems. Few days later an MRi revealed I had several large liver lesions, largest being 8.2x8x8 CM another of similar size and others dotted around the liver. Let home and scheduled for the biopsy 3 weeks later. Done the biopsy and went of holiday happy as larry, as one of the registers said I was fine to drink. Given I thought it was drink related, i figured it wasn't anything serious. Had a few beers on holidays, which mainly resulted in me violently spewing my guts every where. I came home severely drained of energy/strength, knowing something was in fact, seriously wrong with me.

Was first told on the 16th of May that my lesions were in fact malignant tumours, suspected of being secondary. A further colonscopy revealed the primary to be colo-rectal, still waiting on the biopsy results of this, tho its pretty certain.

Started my first treatment Monday (fol-fori).

This was all pretty devastating to hear first of, but I am absolutely determined to beat this thing back to where it came from!

Look forward to engaging with you all on this journey!

Sean.:x:

Sean

Want me to do Capox next @david watt

chris61

Sorry to hear you did not get the results you wanted @Sean. Wishing you all the best with your future treatment.

mem

Bloody hell @Sean, so sorry to hear your update. Let's hope Capox does some serious ass-kicking tricks on those mets! it certainly worked well on my liver. :x::x:

Jonathan25

Bastard but just get back at it buddy.

CD1966

Really sorry to hear about that @Sean - my brother had Capox both the first time round and then after a stint on Folfiri and it was very good at dealing with the spots on his liver in particular. Loads of luck with kicking its arse!

Baxter2

Oh @Sean, I'm really gutted for you! Just not one bit bloody fair!

As you say though, nothing for it but gear up and go again! We're all right beside you!

Sending loads of love and best wishes,

K💙💜💛💚❤️

Chris82

Oh @Sean I'm gutted to hear this. I hate this disease. I had a really great response to oxaliplatin (including on my liver) and hoping you will get the same!

sophia

@Sean so so sorry, this news has hit me hard. I had everything crossed for a much better outcome, cruel cruel disease. Let’s hope the chemo does some serious nuking. Stay strong :x:

El Ivan

Hi @Sean sorry to read your update. I had really good response both times on Capox and really shrunk the mets down to become operable. Again...

GD62

Hello @Sean so very sorry to read your update and hope they get a new plan to you right..:x:

Polly 1

Gosh no @Sean what a horrible shock.....onwards and upwards and all the best for the next treatment :x:

1234annie

Sorry you didn't get the results that you wanted @Sean thinking of you. :x: :x: :x:

HH79

Oh no @Sean I’m so sorry. I welled up reading this, so bloody evil this disease. You can and will crack on and here’s to great results - I’m on cape tablets and got me NED as has Oxi in past, good combo together. Thinking of you. Lots of love :x::x:

Sama

Wishing you all the best

Jane39

@Sean . Very sorry to hear your news . It’s just not fair . Stay strong :x::x:

Lizalou

That's so miserable @Sean, sending lots of sympathy. But 'onwards and upwards' as you say, you are strong enough to do this..... you know all the little tricks to make chemo more manageable. Sending healing thoughts :x:

Sean

thanks everyone. I'm a bit more optimistic about things today. Just such a shock. Not even a dot, SIX of em! they haven't given us the sizes yet. I was nearly there man! WTF happened.

It looks like im already outside of matching the criteria for RFA, which the surgeon said he'd do if it did comeback.... im gonna be going back to see him very soon.

ATM the plan is to try the same methods and hope for a different outcome...

Pleased to hear many of you have had good results with Capox.:x:

mikey83

Hi @Sean keep that positive attitude up 💪🏽 Dont let that shit get to you.

Mikey :x:

kidsversuscopy

Oh bloody hell @Sean - sorry to hear that. I was on the capox regime and its not too bad. Best of luck to you. Your attitude is spot on 👊👊👊 :x::x:

GD62

Hi @Sean WTF exactly, anyway I'm on capox post CRS/HIPEC and liver resection and on second of four cycles, I'm managing obviously as I'm full time back at work since 6th March just about five weeks after liver resection. I've still to have a CT scan in about July to see if anything else has come up or recurrence and was so taken aback when I read your post as we had our liver resection about the same time.

But started capox about eight weeks after liver resection as surgeon said I should discuss with the my oncologist, and having done so and read your post I'm glad I did.

Take care @Sean , positive healing and praying it all works out :x: