Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

Life with bowel cancer

chools

What did you do today?

I'm not sure what other folk are like, but I still have some days when I feel completely 'whacked' from the moment I get up, and others where I manage to achieve quite a lot (by my standards). I try and do something everyday though even if it's just a walk.

Today wasn't a great day in that I felt really tired when I got up and spent the early part of the morning surfing, but then went on to bake some oatcakes, and started gardening before the rain drove me back inside - divided up the pots of mint we have with the idea of making a lot more fresh tea this summer.
Managed to make the tea and light the fire in time for my wife coming in, but I'm now exhausted and am slumped in a chair with my last cup of herb tea before bed

What did you manage to do today?

tumbleweed

Woke up to snow today! Seems to be some settling on the higher ground but not down in the valley. Cleared to blue sky with clouds and blustering winds. Started a new blog yesterday which unfortunately is quite a sedentary activity so I may have to get the fit ball out and rock away with an electronic device perched on my lap - oh yeah, do I still have any working abs?

Also, tardiness on my part - only just rang up GP to book an appointment for blood tests next week. Guess what? No morning appointments on my pre-chemo day BUT when they offered me the next day and I refused it because that was my chemo day, they said "oh ok, we'll fit you in because you have to have it". Go NHS but sorry to have put you under pressure. Must say, my GP surgery has been rather splendid with appointments for this medical condition.

wikey

just ordered some more loperamide from the GP surgery...knees moaning at me after huge bike ride yesterday, 45 miles and nearly 4000 feet of climbing, wondered why i was feleing tired towards the end ! . Sue and i have been out for lunch , then to Cauldwells mill and bought 6kg of flour for my whole meal bread making , then ambled round a garden centre, then done the weeks shopping in Matlock and now catching up on tinternet before tea this evening and off to cheltenham tomorrow to see family once more.
wikey

Brian

You need some down time my friend. Hope the family are bearing up and that you have a good rest tonight before round two! hugs, B x

Ivan

Recovering from yesterday's deck laying shenanigans this morning. Few things sorted with regard to having to leave work again, had the sheepys for a walk for a couple of hours in the fields and just finished helping oldest daughter get her accommodation choices made for University later this year. Will really miss her..
Also just been watching the first free practice for MotoGP live from Qatar as the season starts again this weekend ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Was going to pop to hospital and see a young friend of mine who I received a text off this morning stating "Local hero crashes badly and punctures lung" hahaha! Great sense of humour! he fell off his motocross bike yesterday apparently. He's Got lots of visitors going so I'll go see him when he's home as I don't want to catch an infection with op on Monday and chemo starting Tuesday. His Mum and Dad live up the street from me and he's worried sick that his mum is going to give him a right shouting at in front of his mates while laid up in hospital!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Hope everybody is OK and Mikey Wikey are you in practice for the upcoming Tour de Yorkshire!!
Ivan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

wikey

hi Ivan

best wishes for all your treatment etc.
i thought my winter cycling might keep the weight off, but as usual i have put on 8 pounds or so over the winter, salads etc being stepped up now. i am all suited and booted this morning to head off to cheltenham again to go to another funeral, my cousins' mother see one brother over from ireland for next week and see my dear old mother and head back tomorrow, going to national memorial arboretum on way back and meeting sue and lucy there for a tour and lunch... cycling again sunday perhaps..we had snow yesterday morning sunshine later and very windy and cold in evening...! crazy
wikey

Ivan

Today I went to hospital at 0530 hrs to get my Portacath fitted. Nice day for it!

Ivan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Brian

Hope it all went smoothly and that it doesn't feel too alien! Also that you can make up sleep for your unearthly early start to your day! Hugs, B x

Stella

Hey Ivan,
Hope you are not too sore and get a good night's rest,
Stellax

Quote from @Ivan:
Today I went to hospital at 0530 hrs to get my Portacath fitted. Nice day for it!

Ivan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

chelle73

Today I dragged my carcass to town with a toilet training toddler ! Remarkably uneventful thank Goodness. Toddler boys are like a wall of noise covered in a layer of muck lol

Stella

Remember today when you are feeling daunted by things....toilet training my little boy was murder after three girls
....the mechanics are more challenging...to put it mildly. TMI perhaps...
Stella x

Quote from @chelle73:
Today I dragged my carcass to town with a toilet training toddler ! Remarkably uneventful thank Goodness. Toddler boys are like a wall of noise covered in a layer of muck

chelle73

After having a daughter, a boy was somewhat more challenging ! lol

Ivan

Thanks all, no it doesn't feel alien @Brian ! But chelle reckons I'm officially Robocop now! Hahahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Ivan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

chelle73

I think you will need plugging in overnight lol

Gray1967

Blimey Ivan thats earlysad Hope all went well. Ive had a usual borring kinda day...no drama, so shouldnt moan I spose. Did some tidying, went to Aldi(oh the excitement), caught up with some cycling I had recorded and watched some tv tonight. Was hoping to be back to work Wed, but now havent got my occ health appt till the 13 April sad

tumbleweed

Pre-chemo bloods taken this morning for last cycle! Was an early appointment but @Ivan takes the cake on times!
I'm going off into the city with the teen today, somewhat different experience to the toddler @chelle73.

Hope everyone has a nice day today smile

Stella

Don't mean to appear smug as I know so many of you are having treatment or are post op but today I managed my first resistance training session ...it was only for 30 mins but I feel great after ... Probably will be as stiff as a board tomorrow but will wallow pain free in my achievement for rest of evening. Never thought I'd see myself here when I was diagnosed...life is full of good surprises too smile
Stella x

Ivan

Well that was a long day but went really well. My lovely wife dropped me off at 0930 and I was on the drugs by 10 and left at 1830 attached up to the bottle of 5FU. Sides are aching with laughing with the chemo nurses๐Ÿ˜‚ I missed them in my 3 months of being in remission! I'm sat typing this with my new bumbag that I swore I'd never wear, as my wife reminded me I used to wear one whilst out riding my motorbike 30 years ago on long journeys. I'm sure I didn't but am playing along and hope she doesn't find photo evidence๐Ÿ˜ณ
I hope everybody else has had a good day too

Ivan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Stella

Hi Ivan, hope you get a good nights rest and that your wife doesn't go rooting for photos as you sleep!
Take care,
Stella x

Quote from @Ivan:
Well that was a long day but went really well. My lovely wife dropped me off at 0930 and I was on the drugs by 10 and left at 1830 attached up to the bottle of 5FU. Sides are aching with laughing with the chemo nurses๐Ÿ˜‚ I missed them in my 3 months of being in remission! I'm sat typing this with my new bumbag that I swore I'd never wear, as my wife reminded me I used to wear one whilst out riding my motorbike 30 years ago on long journeys. I'm sure I didn't but am playing along and hope she doesn't find photo evidence๐Ÿ˜ณ
I hope everybody else has had a good day too

Ivan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Brian

Great news Ivan. Hope the bags are colour co-ordinated. Don't want you style to be cramped while your undergoing treatment. Hugs, B x

chelle73

Good to hear it went well. smile x