Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

Life with bowel cancer

chools

What did you do today?

I'm not sure what other folk are like, but I still have some days when I feel completely 'whacked' from the moment I get up, and others where I manage to achieve quite a lot (by my standards). I try and do something everyday though even if it's just a walk.

Today wasn't a great day in that I felt really tired when I got up and spent the early part of the morning surfing, but then went on to bake some oatcakes, and started gardening before the rain drove me back inside - divided up the pots of mint we have with the idea of making a lot more fresh tea this summer.
Managed to make the tea and light the fire in time for my wife coming in, but I'm now exhausted and am slumped in a chair with my last cup of herb tea before bed

What did you manage to do today?

itfc1959

Gone into work today for four hours, and getting immersed in stuff that I shouldn't be. But I love it.

Had The Big One on Monday (5 of eight). Went well again, no real side effects other than the sensation of having a Ford Focus parked in my rectum. This was how it was last time, which passed after a few days.

Will be leaving at 2 and then picking up the kids from school, making dinner for us all, might watch the football and then bed by 21,30 with the new Donna Leon book. Hurrah!

clair

Been feeling really low the past few weeks, have a ct scan Friday and for some reason its really bothering me. Stupid really as I've had ct scan since finishing chemo anyway to take my mind of things I treated myself the this little man smile

Brian

Aw, cuddly and sweet - for now! B x

clair

Don't know about sweet Brian, a little sod more like lol has a thing for toes, I've always wanted a British bulldog he is good slept all night last night x

chelle73

Ah he's gorgeous @clair xx

Bob

He's a little belter! Soon be looking like the Churchill advert. Hope he doesn't chew too much furniture. Good luck with the scan; I seem to get increasingly nervous before each one as well. Bob xxx

chelle73

Today I have been out for lunch with a friend. I made the most of my 5 weeks since last chemo by wearing a dress which didnt require thick woolly tights and warm socks even in the sun ! It's all back to scarf and mittens on Friday as the delayed cycle 5 starts then .

Lorelie
Quote from @itfc1959:
Gone into work today for four hours, and getting immersed in stuff that I shouldn't be. But I love it.

Had The Big One on Monday (5 of eight). Went well again, no real side effects other than the sensation of having a Ford Focus parked in my rectum. This was how it was last time, which passed after a few days.

Will be leaving at 2 and then picking up the kids from school, making dinner for us all, might watch the football and then bed by 21,30 with the new Donna Leon book. Hurrah!

How do you know its a Ford Focus?!? I'll tell OH to look out for that smile)

clair

Thank you chelle73 hope the rest of you chemo goes well for you x thank you Bob, its the waiting afterwards won't get the results till the 7th, just got him a skate board smile he already try`s to ride it x

tumbleweed

Feel like I'm on holiday. Walk with the dog on her birthday and picnic at the stone circle again today. Blue sky and almost hot for where I live! Plus, drinks (soft, in my case!) on an outdoor terrace with a fabulous 360 degree view. Apparently it's BBQ (in British speak) again this evening - halloumi, couscous, and sweet potato wedges for moi smile

@clair, that puppy is so cute! Is he still your treat? smile

@chelle73, great that it sounds like you're feeling a bit better now. Fingers crossed that the warm weather reduces the oxy side effects.

@itfc1959, bet it feels great to have tipped over halfway! All the best for the rest.

itfc1959

Cheers @tumbleweed , it does feel good.

clair

Hi @tumbleweed he's still my treat almost makes up for the last year smile he has realized he can almost jump onto the sofa he clings on then uses his feet to push himself up and today he has been on his skate board only got about 30 seconds on video but he looks cute on it x

wikey

very odd looks right on computer and then turns 90 degrees...on here

Jani

Came home from Paris .... Well yesterday now. Took B there as a surprise birthday trip. Five glorious days. Now understand why there were so many soldiers walking round in groups with rifles!

suttons

Not so much what I did today bit what I will be doing tomorrow.

It will be Anzac day here in Australia and it will be an early rise for the dawn service and then the gunfire breakfast, we hold this at the Kuranda train station, and what a beautiful place that is especially at dawn the lorakeets and cockatoos will be waking up the fruit bats will be coming home and after the sombre service it just reminds you how lucky we all are to be alive, and remember those that have passed. This year is the centenary and will be especially poignant.

There is a trip to the local cemetery to remember the local fallen and one of our locals tells a story about each of them then has a slug of rum with them one for him and one poured on the grave

We then march through Kuranda township at 10.30am, in SES uniform with other emergency services, veterans and armed forces in silence with just the cheers and clapping of the gathered crowds. There is then another service at the cenotaph in the park. SES then man the sausage sizzle selling to the public but free to ll our hero's.

Lest we forget

Brian

Happy celebrations! Hugs, B x

wikey

ripping moss and thatch out of the lawns again, well did one last time now doing 2 or 3 more....so much rubbish coming out, not done them for four years, before i was diagnosed in fact.... so while it is work i am glad to be here to do it!!smilesmilesmilesmile

tumbleweed

Still eyeing up the growing pile of unattended administrative work. Instead, went for walk along the river, lingered in the book store & bought a few - gifts and a couple (or 3!) for me, went to a coffee shop (oh, germy people, hope you weren't breathing too near me) and had......white & dark choc cheesecake. Oh my naughty indulgences. Made up for it at lunch though - lettuce, avo and tomato on rye wink

Bob

Hi Sheila,
Of course it's the 100 year anniversary, so will be a particularly moving day for everyone. Bob x

suttons

@Bob Hackett Yes set the alarm for 4 am and woke up feeling like I could turn over and go back to sleep, then you remember all those brave guys that have never returned and give your self a dressing down, because you have the luxury of being able to take a nap this afternoon or have an early night and with the grace of god there will be a tomorrow

(((Hugs from the rainforest)))

Sheila