Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

Life with bowel cancer

chools

What did you do today?

I'm not sure what other folk are like, but I still have some days when I feel completely 'whacked' from the moment I get up, and others where I manage to achieve quite a lot (by my standards). I try and do something everyday though even if it's just a walk.

Today wasn't a great day in that I felt really tired when I got up and spent the early part of the morning surfing, but then went on to bake some oatcakes, and started gardening before the rain drove me back inside - divided up the pots of mint we have with the idea of making a lot more fresh tea this summer.
Managed to make the tea and light the fire in time for my wife coming in, but I'm now exhausted and am slumped in a chair with my last cup of herb tea before bed

What did you manage to do today?

tumbleweed

Thanks everyone for your good cheer. A bottle of bubbly has been put in the fridge. I thought it was for me but maybe the family & close friends want it too because they probably feel like a burden has also been lifted for them.

@chelle73, your scan date is embedded in my brain smile

@Bob , yep, the cold water will put me off. If you have any warmer suggestions, I'm all ears. Re follow-ups: I don't think everyone's routine follow-up at my hospital is the same. Mine has certainly changed from what they first envisaged. At the moment, I have a CT and blood tests in 3 months. From my experience, they'll decide what's next in store based on those results but their current focus is to keep me free for the 'dangerous' first 2 years. I forgot to ask when they start counting.

suttons

@tumbleweed Awesome Awesome Awesome so good to hear

(((Hugs from the rainforest)))

Sheila

Mary HB

Hi folks, I found a pub with Wi-Fi overlooking the wild Atlantic, so just catching up with all the news on here while having a bowl of healthy carrot soup and a glass of the 'black stuff'. - hope that bubbly went down well last night, @tumbleweed smile. I think the sea's too cold here for swimming in without a wet suit grin
Mary xxx

dracunculus

Just had the last 24 hours in London. Visited the Tate Modern for the first time and last night went to see La Traviata at the Royal Opera House. I do like opera so to get to see it with a world class company and venue like the ROH is a big treat. Spent this morning doing foodie shopping, I think I could have bought half of Borough Market!

Bob

Hi @ tumbleweed, I would normally suggest the sea in warmer climes (such as Cyprus!), but after my recent dust up with the jellyfish perhaps a lake is the safer option. Looking at recent news the west country has also been getting loads of the nasty beasties! s
So, lakes or swimming pools! I was watching people swimming in a lake close to us in Kent on Sunday where only minutes before had been dozens of ducks and geese .....now I used to keep ducks and have seen what they do in the water!!!!! So, swimming pool it is then ....or "people soup" as I seem to recall Chelle calling it! Aghhh, can't win.

tumbleweed

I love the ROH so a bit envious of you @dracunculus! smile Spot anything good on at Tate Modern?

I think it's going to have to be the pool for me @Bob @Mary HB - I don't even like wetsuits let alone the stingers (all those people wanting to wee on you afterwards!). A pub overlooking the sea, sounds heavenly to me, Mary. One glass of bubbly consumed just this evening - would be funny if I had it at the same time as you were downing the Guinness smile

tumbleweed

Ooops no content found. Should have been @dracunculus!

Mary HB

Hi @tumbleweed, I am dedicating that Guinness to your continued good health, 'Slainte' as they say here in Irish. Today, I have found a pub overlooking the river in Sligo that leads into t he harbour, and it has the Wi-Fi.
Sadly where I am staying has virtually no signal for my I-phone, so I haven't been able to come on here very much at all - hope all well with you folks.
Love to everyone
Mary xxx

tumbleweed

Oh @Mary HB, that's made my eyes prickle a wee bit. Meeting up with friends tonight cos they want to celebrate on my behalf, so I shall raise a 'Slainte' back to you this evening. smile

xx

wikey

not today but last week or so, cycle at monsal head viaduct

video here on youtube

suttons

Thought I would help out today and split some of the logs, I was doing OK, the the log splitter bounced off of the log and hit me in the ankle. Not to much blood but the ankle is now very black and swollen, have I learned my lesson.....probably not wink

(((Hugs from the rainforest)))

Sheila

tumbleweed

Goodness @suttons ! Bring on summertime then you won't need the wood. smile

Bob

Just got back from watching the Ankara State Ballet at the 2000 year old Salamis Amphitheatre (the ancient capital of Cyprus) .... Amazing

tumbleweed

That sounds so good @Bob!

suttons

@Bob wow that sounds amazing, I am at the rodeo grounds in Mareeba, it is the walkamin country music club and tonight we choose the rodeo queen for the big event in a couple of weeks, as you can see we are in a tin shed.

(((Hugs from outback Queensland)))

Sheila

Gill1940

Hi sounds very boring,but as they say one step at a time,yesterday I drove down to town only 15mins each way,and about. Half an hour there,but it's the first time since my reversal.maybe bigger things are on the way! Gill1940

tumbleweed

I did a whole zumba class 'properly' today. Yay! @Gill1940 - it's your turn next wink

AliceB

Today is all about the homework here !! - my stepdaughters are here for the weekend . I should be doing chores but baby and I have done a nice walk and now im just watching her NOT go to sleep sad x

Michele

I am so tired that yesterday and today have been about catching up on sleep!!! I haven't slept so well since I have been home and yesterday it was like a shutter went down and I thought BEDglasses. @Gill1940 am so jealous that you are able to drive. I have been told not to drive for 6 weekssad Hopefully tomorrow I will have a bit more energy. My highpoint of the day will be a walk to the lampost and back!!! Well it is Sundaywinkwink

Gill1940

Hi folks, tumbleweed you make me feel so lazy,but good for you.As to driving the car I have a feeling it's too soon as muscles are telling me today,but slowly slowly.
I have just found the guidelines to using this forum and printed it off,my grandchildren would know better than me,but there far away,living on the Isle of Mull in North West Scotlant and on Glouscestershire, but at least I refer to something now I've found " welcome to beating cancer forum".
I am now goi g to look at my ancestory project as raining here,❤️