Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

Life with bowel cancer

chools

What did you do today?

I'm not sure what other folk are like, but I still have some days when I feel completely 'whacked' from the moment I get up, and others where I manage to achieve quite a lot (by my standards). I try and do something everyday though even if it's just a walk.

Today wasn't a great day in that I felt really tired when I got up and spent the early part of the morning surfing, but then went on to bake some oatcakes, and started gardening before the rain drove me back inside - divided up the pots of mint we have with the idea of making a lot more fresh tea this summer.
Managed to make the tea and light the fire in time for my wife coming in, but I'm now exhausted and am slumped in a chair with my last cup of herb tea before bed

What did you manage to do today?

helen challo

Sounds amazing @Michelle Hope u are feeling a little less fearful tonight.@AliceB you are so right. I was stalwart strong and positive during the madness of surgery and hospital appointments but in the time inbetween i have had more time to think and have completely lost it at times worrying about the future. My stepdad has just got the all clear after having half a lung removed and still goes to pieces at each subsequent scan. My poor mum ....three weeks after his all clear i was diagnosed with bowel cancer. I think we should just allow ourselves some time to cry when we need to and cleanse our addled minds. Better out than in as they say.

AliceB

@Michele , that's sounds great- I'm glad you had such a good day . I'm actually being treated at Guys&St Thomas's in London , but I think as I live in Sussex I can get support from here , I'll ask my GP.
I'm doing the look good feel better group this Tuesday 28th - is that when your appt is ? xx

AliceB

@helen challo , I agree sometimes a good cry is what you need.
It's funny nowadays I don't feel so sorry for myself anymore - it's more my parents , my maternal grandmother died from bowel cancer and my mum was with her every step. When I got my diagnosis I just felt life had been so cruel to her . But I'm still here and intend to be for a long long time . x

helen challo

Good attitude @AliceB! Its funny the plethora of emotions you go through. I often feel guilty for having cancer. Was it because i didn't lead a healthy enough lifestyle? Ate too much sugar or bacon? But i have to push those fears aside cause there is nothing i can do about it and i want my little girls to still see me as the same old mummy....not some strung out stress ball x

Michele

@helen challo, yes thanks I am feeling much better tonight. I agree with you and @AliceB I am a bit of a blubber. I always think that it's better out than in and that crying is a great release. @AliceB I am having mine in August because they were full on Tuesday. Are you going to the one near Preston Park. That's a shame it would have been nice to meet up. The new Macmillan Centre looks like it is going to be amazing and I'll let you know if there is other stuff going on. It's interesting when you talk about your mum. My dad died at 51, not cancer related and I am an only child and when I was diagnosed I just thought about how awful it was for her x

AliceB

@helen challo , your comment about bacon made me laugh , I think that's definitely what bit me on the bum - I tried banning it in our house wink

AliceB

On Saturday my baby girl turned 1 ,

AliceB

This was her favourite present

AliceB

AliceB

Aaah the second picture won't send , her uncle bought her a car !!! With personalised number plate - not spoilt at all wink
So I've not been in the forum for a couple of days while I recover from cake baking and finding somewhere to store the 740 new pieces of flashing /singing plastic that she's acquired !!
So I'm catching up with posts now x

Karenfrances

@AliceB, the picture did work and it's absolutely adorable!!! Hope you and your beautiful daughter enjoyed the birthday celebrations ❤️

Karen xxx

chelle73

AW @AliceB those are brill pics ! It was Matthew's 4th birthday yesterday.
This is a pic of baby 1 bathing baby 2 last night x

Brian

You are blest with beautiful children. B xxx

Michele

Gorgeous pics @Alice, she's divine. Watch out Lewis Hamilton. Omg the plastic bits. I've boxes and boxes full of barbie shoes, clothes, all kinds of dolls with a millions and one accessories. @chelle they are beauties too. There seems to be a bit of car theme going here!!! Hope Matthew had a wonderful birthday. it seems that a blink of an eye when my girls were that size. Precious moments xxxx

chelle73

Today, @Brian, @AliceB, @Michele I said to him " Matthew, stop biting your toenails and eat your sandwich"
True story. *sighs* lol x

Michele

I don't think that would I would eat them but would be so happy to be able to get my head near my toenailsglasses

chelle73

I'd be grateful to even SEE them these days, darned Westy! smile x

Michele

Yes but @chelle73 think about the toe painting celebration you are going to have when westie has gone. We are going to have give that football a collective kick into the goal. I've got my socks on today it's so cold in sunny Brighton!!!

AliceB

@chelle73 , gorgeous children , I hope matthew enjoyed his birthday and got more presents than be knew what to do with.
That reminds me @Flames how was the rest of Etta's bday ?
@Michele I wasn't allowed a Barbie - it was Sindy all the way for me . The bits are still at my parents - I guess it's lucky I had a girl wink

Flames

Hi @AliceB we had a lovely day thank you the grannies turned up with more presents and cake so etta and Howie very excited. Now just busy planning Sunday's pirate party smile They both complemented me on my new look - what a great morning look good feel better was! It was so lovely to meet you and the other great lady's! Even managed to cleanse tone and moisturise last night! Not sure how long that will last though wink hope you had a good afternoon too xx