Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

Life with bowel cancer

chools

What did you do today?

I'm not sure what other folk are like, but I still have some days when I feel completely 'whacked' from the moment I get up, and others where I manage to achieve quite a lot (by my standards). I try and do something everyday though even if it's just a walk.

Today wasn't a great day in that I felt really tired when I got up and spent the early part of the morning surfing, but then went on to bake some oatcakes, and started gardening before the rain drove me back inside - divided up the pots of mint we have with the idea of making a lot more fresh tea this summer.
Managed to make the tea and light the fire in time for my wife coming in, but I'm now exhausted and am slumped in a chair with my last cup of herb tea before bed

What did you manage to do today?

Holly Nurse Advisor

That is SOOOOOO cool!! I love him / her

dracunculus
Quote from @Holly Nurse Advisor:
That is SOOOOOO cool!! I love him / her

Her (apparently) - she's called Raptor's Fire and was one of the dragons in last year's art trail around Norwich and now resident in my garden :)

Holly Nurse Advisor

'She' is very lovely!

Jaynesr

Sure as heck beats the office at 1.30 on a Wednesday in January!

Scardycat

I like this, hope I've managed to attach!

Roody79

Not seen that one before @Scardycat it's a good one!

wikey

well at the risk of being boring just to let you know this sash window job a has grown !! not just a matter of adjust the cords, but got to get new heavier weights and also major repairs to the frame including the piece where the pulleys are located (called the style) . so 2 days work but another week with my mate geoff helping me before it will be done ...

on a lighter not i have done the deal on a new road bike, with free mudguards and a bottle cage and 10% off the list price. in a nice irish green with a bit of blue and white and low gears for getting up hills in peak district. winnats pass before easter is the target !!

making a loaf at the moment, waiting for it to finish and then i have to test it being the official bread tester here, just the crust you understand !!
best wishes
wikey mikey , new bikey

DuKi

Love that @Scardycat πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š

@wikey mikey with your new bikey, I finally went for a ride of my own! No mudguards or bottle cage, colours somewhat boring brown, black and a bit of white, very expensive to maintain, but excellently geared for getting up hills πŸ˜„ Not falling off was my target!

Sparrow

Gorgeous pix, @DuKi!! Yay! You look wonderful :)
Beautiful countryside :)
How's your chemo going??
Horsey Hugs :x::x::x::x:

Sparrow

@wikey congratulations on your new bike!!! Yay! When will you take her for a test drive?
How was the home made bread?! Yum! :x::x::x::x:

wikey

Pick it up in the morning and maybe try it out after that
Doing some diy now to free up tomorrow
Renovating 170 year old sash window pulleys
Might go out in an hour for lazy spin on my 52 year old road bike before the new one arrives
Trouble is they sulk when being replaced and I am very likely to get a puncture and something else break !! πŸŒΊπŸ˜…πŸ˜…
And sparrow the bread was great along with homemade pepper onion garlic and squash soup
Then choccy birthday cake (Lucy 32 and 7 months pregnant now) and then sue and I had an overnight in makeney hall with evening and breakfast --- don't need to eat till about Wednesday 😳😳
Have a good day
Wikey mikey

wikey

And @DuKi
Well done on getting out on your horse
I have done a few hours in the past but not kept it up regularly
Wikey
😍

Bob

Well done @DuKi, looks as though you had a great time and the weather is certainly much better than where I am! Bob :x:

mem

Look at the size of that bootie! I of course mean the horse @DuKi πŸ˜‰ You look fab and lovely pics - what a fantastic way to spend your time! Nope, not jealous, not one bit, not one iota 😩 Xx
Ps Please don't tell your gorgeous horse that I said he/she has a big bootie :x::x:

DuKi

Thanks @Sparrow and @wikey 😊 @Bob It's a bit too hot for my liking at the mo, hot flushes don't help but the sunsets are stunning πŸŒ… Great to see you'll be back in your beloved Cyprus soon, please give your furpersons a hug each from the antipodes πŸ’šπŸ±πŸΆπŸ’š @mem Big bootie is a compliment! Unlike myself Dolly is all in proportion and has a chest to match πŸ˜‰ She'd be Hilda the pin up girl if she was a human πŸ˜„

DuKi

Oops forgot to answer your question @Sparrow: I'm feeling normal at the mo, no side effects (apart from those dang hot flushes left over from the radiation), but I'm sure that'll change when I have the next lot of poxy oxi on Thursday! 😷 So am taking the opportunity to enjoy my tucker while I can πŸ½πŸ˜‹ How about you? Anything lingering from your chemo? :x::x:

wikey

off to derby to fetch a bike !!

Terrish

Love the view @DuKi, nothing like it!

Stellar

What have you done with the sunshine from your picture @Jaynesr?
I'm missing being outdoors. Looking forward to better weather and finishing chemo and getting out there a bit more. You look really happy. It really is important to make the most of those lovely days :x:

Jaynesr

It just happened @Stellar
Only took it with my camera phone! I like to think it was the Angels! πŸ™πŸ» :x::x::x: