Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

Life with bowel cancer

chools

What did you do today?

I'm not sure what other folk are like, but I still have some days when I feel completely 'whacked' from the moment I get up, and others where I manage to achieve quite a lot (by my standards). I try and do something everyday though even if it's just a walk.

Today wasn't a great day in that I felt really tired when I got up and spent the early part of the morning surfing, but then went on to bake some oatcakes, and started gardening before the rain drove me back inside - divided up the pots of mint we have with the idea of making a lot more fresh tea this summer.
Managed to make the tea and light the fire in time for my wife coming in, but I'm now exhausted and am slumped in a chair with my last cup of herb tea before bed

What did you manage to do today?

Jemma.W

@caz81 people always say why call him stinky, he genuinely stinks no matter how much you wash him, he is loved that much. He has been sewed back up. We have a stinky 3 just in case

Michele

My daughter has still got her favourite doll 'blondie' and she is 21. She has had since she was 1. I put it in the washing machine about 19 years ago, and it came out with matted hair and one eye. She looks like Chuckies bride but we all still love her (I have washed her over the years!!!)xxxx

Flames

Ha that's funny @Jemma.W my little boy has 2 stinky destroyed rabbits that he calls bapits as he still can't say rabbits and has to have them both to be able to sleep- the same no matter how many times I wash them the stink 😃

chelle73

we too have a rabbit, his name is "Friends" after the ad with the dog and the toy rabbit. His ears always pong! He chews them I think, he is less than minty fresh smile

Michele

@chelle73 my dog is called Minty and she is a bit pongy tooshocked

Jemma.W

I like the way that they can always locate them in their sleep! I think that's why they have to stink, it's a locating device xx

suttons

Its Saturday I am working it is still mid winter so where else are we but at the beach having a bbq. Love my job

(((Hugs from the barrier reef)))

Brian

@suttons You little tinker! Posting a glorious scene to engender jealousy. lol Looks fab. Hope you're doing OK these days. Hugs, B x

chelle73

Lovely view @suttons very jealous 😊 x

Jani

I think we should each invite all other forum members round for afternoon tea. With @suttons being the first to host! 😄

Brian

I agree with @Jani

chelle73

*goes in search of a pair of shorts and a barbie* lol

suttons

I will put the kettle on his or should I say crack a tinny and throw another shrimp on the barbie xxx

We did find a list puppy at the beach a couple of years ago and we called him ken because we found him next to a barbie.

We have been having some pretty heavy duty family stuff happening and I have been preoccupied with that, I have been trying to not let it stress me out but it has involved lots of court and police intervention bit it all seems to be going the right way.

I have been feeling so good, even with all the above, I have to keep pinching myself,I have oncology app next month but no scans as they feel they are not necessary this time so it will be a year inbetween scans, scary scary. I hope one and all are doing as well.

We have the multi cultural festival in a few weeks always look forward to that all the dancing and singing from all over the world

(((Hugs from the rainforest)))

Sheila

Jani

@suttons excellent news about you feeling so well, & definitely doing the right thing in not allowing the stress of your family issues affect you. Think you'll need a bucket load of shrimp to go on the Barnie if we all ship out in your direction 😎 😄

AliceB

@suttons - if I had a passport if be on my way !! Glad go hear you're feeling good.
@Jemma.W , @chelle73, @Flames
My daughter also has a rabbit - Jakey- he has recently started to smell - very remiss of me but we only have 1 so he's not allowed out of the cot (I'm a mean mummy).
I still have my puffalump from 30years ago - it's never been washed , my other half has banished it to a box as he's sure it's probably disease ridden !!!
x

suttons

@Jani good thing is we only have to throw out a cast net at China man Creek and we get a net full of banana prawns yuuum xxxxxx

Bob

@suttons, Great to hear that you are feeling so well Sheila, even with the current family issues. If you have moved to a year between scans it must mean they are confident of no spread, but I can understand that the year wait becomes a worry in itself. Enjoy the barbie and the forthcoming festival. Bob x

Mary HB

@suttons I agree with what the others have said, it's good to read you're feeling good Sheila, and what lovely pictures!

here's what we''ve being doing today:-

Brian

@Mary HB Ah yes! Energetic youngsters keeping grandparents active and engaged! lovely picture. But what's behind the dark glasses? Exhaustion? lollollol Hugs to you and Neil. B x

suttons

@Mary HB looks like the children are having fun, they certainly remind you why you have them when you are young!!! We are having to look after two of ours most days and it does tire us out but there is no other way around it and they are such a blessing.

(((Hugs from the rainforest)))

Sheila