Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

Life with bowel cancer

chools

What did you do today?

I'm not sure what other folk are like, but I still have some days when I feel completely 'whacked' from the moment I get up, and others where I manage to achieve quite a lot (by my standards). I try and do something everyday though even if it's just a walk.

Today wasn't a great day in that I felt really tired when I got up and spent the early part of the morning surfing, but then went on to bake some oatcakes, and started gardening before the rain drove me back inside - divided up the pots of mint we have with the idea of making a lot more fresh tea this summer.
Managed to make the tea and light the fire in time for my wife coming in, but I'm now exhausted and am slumped in a chair with my last cup of herb tea before bed

What did you manage to do today?

AliceB

This was her favourite present

AliceB

AliceB

Aaah the second picture won't send , her uncle bought her a car !!! With personalised number plate - not spoilt at all wink
So I've not been in the forum for a couple of days while I recover from cake baking and finding somewhere to store the 740 new pieces of flashing /singing plastic that she's acquired !!
So I'm catching up with posts now x

Karenfrances

@AliceB, the picture did work and it's absolutely adorable!!! Hope you and your beautiful daughter enjoyed the birthday celebrations ❤️

Karen xxx

chelle73

AW @AliceB those are brill pics ! It was Matthew's 4th birthday yesterday.
This is a pic of baby 1 bathing baby 2 last night x

Brian

You are blest with beautiful children. B xxx

Michele

Gorgeous pics @Alice, she's divine. Watch out Lewis Hamilton. Omg the plastic bits. I've boxes and boxes full of barbie shoes, clothes, all kinds of dolls with a millions and one accessories. @chelle they are beauties too. There seems to be a bit of car theme going here!!! Hope Matthew had a wonderful birthday. it seems that a blink of an eye when my girls were that size. Precious moments xxxx

chelle73

Today, @Brian, @AliceB, @Michele I said to him " Matthew, stop biting your toenails and eat your sandwich"
True story. *sighs* lol x

Michele

I don't think that would I would eat them but would be so happy to be able to get my head near my toenailsglasses

chelle73

I'd be grateful to even SEE them these days, darned Westy! smile x

Michele

Yes but @chelle73 think about the toe painting celebration you are going to have when westie has gone. We are going to have give that football a collective kick into the goal. I've got my socks on today it's so cold in sunny Brighton!!!

AliceB

@chelle73 , gorgeous children , I hope matthew enjoyed his birthday and got more presents than be knew what to do with.
That reminds me @Flames how was the rest of Etta's bday ?
@Michele I wasn't allowed a Barbie - it was Sindy all the way for me . The bits are still at my parents - I guess it's lucky I had a girl wink

Flames

Hi @AliceB we had a lovely day thank you the grannies turned up with more presents and cake so etta and Howie very excited. Now just busy planning Sunday's pirate party smile They both complemented me on my new look - what a great morning look good feel better was! It was so lovely to meet you and the other great lady's! Even managed to cleanse tone and moisturise last night! Not sure how long that will last though wink hope you had a good afternoon too xx

Michele

I am really going to show my age now, I had Tressy when I was a little girl and if you pushed a button in her tummy you could make her hair longer or shorter. My girls played with her and I had some great 60's clothes. Unfortunately as always wanted to be a hairdresser when I was little I had chopped of her hairsad I am really looking forward to my session in August. I believe it's somewhere near to Preston Park, I suppose they will send the tickets nearer the date.

Jemma.W

Beautiful pictures. Happy birthday to those precious gorgeous little angels.

I have spent today and half yesterday making a cake for my sons 7th birthday party tomorrow. His birthday is not till 12th August but we are away on surprise Disney holiday his little mind knows nothing about for his actual party.

It was an epic bake, at one point I was convinced I was in bake of tent, but remembered my judge was a bunch of 7 year olds so all is well.

Michele

What a brilliant cake, too nice to eat!! Have a great party

Flames

Wow @Jemma.W that is an amazing cake! A day and half- fast work too! I'm sure he and his friends will be impressed. Hope he has a great party xx

chelle73

That cake is awesome, well done you and new oven @Jemma.W xx

Stella

Oh @AliceB What lovely pics, she is gorgeous, a real cutie.... Ye are lovely too! wink great to put a face to the name xx

Stella

Hi @chelle73, you are lucky to have no 1 to help with no 2 ... My four kids were born in 5 years and it's still mayhem! But good mayhem xx