Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

Life with bowel cancer

What did you do today?

I'm not sure what other folk are like, but I still have some days when I feel completely 'whacked' from the moment I get up, and others where I manage to achieve quite a lot (by my standards). I try and do something everyday though even if it's just a walk.

Today wasn't a great day in that I felt really tired when I got up and spent the early part of the morning surfing, but then went on to bake some oatcakes, and started gardening before the rain drove me back inside - divided up the pots of mint we have with the idea of making a lot more fresh tea this summer.
Managed to make the tea and light the fire in time for my wife coming in, but I'm now exhausted and am slumped in a chair with my last cup of herb tea before bed

What did you manage to do today?

@mem just catching up with your news after a busy week, many congrats to you, what a beautiful family you have!!!! ❤️

Congratulations @mem, sorry only just seen this thread. What a beautiful baby you must all be very proud and how special to see baby Charlie being born. Cant wait till I have grandchildren, wish my two would hurry up lol. xxxxxxxx

So beautiful! Both of you! xxx

Thanks again peeps for your lovely comments 😘 xx

Those with children and who have had them will appreciate this. Today after school collection I went to the library with my 7 and 3 year old and returned some well overdue books 😜 (chemo brain is costing me a lot in library fees) and took out some new ones. Anyway there is a grumpy lady who goes there to read the paper and when my daughter was 1 she told us off for making noise. Well here we go again. My daughter was excited that her brother was back from school and was giggling with him as they played a game, so grumpy grotbag gave me a look and tutted, but this time the librarian joined in and 'asked if I wanted to put my daughter in the pram' at the time I was paying my fine, so I thought you know what I've got a head scarf on covering my bald head clearly I have bigger things to worry about than my children making a tiny bit of noise. So I am going to count my fine money out really slowly and pay you in pennies. MwhAha revenge 😈 xxx

😄 Good for you @Jemma.W !

I second that @DuKi & @Jemma. Insensitive and petty comes to mind.xxxxxx

Good on you @Jemma.W x

Beautiful pics @mem The glamourpuss and the little pumpkin lol xx

Purple kangaroo

Good on you @Jemma.W ya know some people haven't got anything better to do. For goodness sake they are only title ones once. Miserable lot, hold your head high xx

What a lovely picture @mem and you certainly don't look old enough to be a grandmother! Sorry I'm so late, I need to be more on the ball! smile Hannah xx

Thankyou @Purple kangaroo and @chelle73 😊 xx

Today my sons school is dressing up as everyday heroes, to raise money for Thames valley air ambulance. He decided he wanted to go dressed as a scientist which makes and research medicine. Felt very proud this morning.

@Jemma.W and rightly so. Maybe one day his dream will be realised. B x

I had my last treatment today - insert happy dance here lollollol

Used this on here recently for another forumite. Seems appropriate to use again @Newbee03 x

@Jemma.W Rightly proud. It's shows how things touch them. From hard times we can always see the postive and that shows through our children too. I was rightly glowing with pride a few weeks ago when my daughter chopped off her beautiful hair for the Little Princess Trust. Maybe your son could go to change the world! Someone will x

hello folks , not been posting much for a while, and i notice there are a lot of new people on the forum over the last few months. just want to say best wishes to all patients and friends and family. i am back on the DIY , making good some failed damp proofing in the hall in our 200 year old house, started repairing the door frames and glueing some new wood in place having repaired the damp course in floor and walls. here is a couple of pictures, still looks a mess but filler sanding and paint and new carpet gripper etc and another few days and it will be good again....

@wikey you're always busy with something lol are there old tiles in the hall of your 200 year old house? My nan had lovely ones hidden under carpet as it was too cold else!x
@Jemma.W bless him thats so lovely he was inspired like that lol x
@Newbee03 congratulations! x

hi chelle, yes there are old tiles but they have been all covered over so not accessible any more, i got to see some while repairing the floor

Looks like good progress @wikey, would love to see the finished product when you're done 😀