Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

Life with bowel cancer

chools

What did you do today?

I'm not sure what other folk are like, but I still have some days when I feel completely 'whacked' from the moment I get up, and others where I manage to achieve quite a lot (by my standards). I try and do something everyday though even if it's just a walk.

Today wasn't a great day in that I felt really tired when I got up and spent the early part of the morning surfing, but then went on to bake some oatcakes, and started gardening before the rain drove me back inside - divided up the pots of mint we have with the idea of making a lot more fresh tea this summer.
Managed to make the tea and light the fire in time for my wife coming in, but I'm now exhausted and am slumped in a chair with my last cup of herb tea before bed

What did you manage to do today?

Brian

Ah! Bloody brilliant. Congratulations. Hugs, B x

Ivan

Woohoo! Congratulations from me too! 😃👍🎊💝

Mary HB

Huraah - and congrats from me too smile - MEGA-Hugs +++
Mary xxx

Jani

Thank you all 😀 we've been together 15 yrs now and diagnosis put a delay on earlier plans, but having just had my 4th year anniversary of diagnosis and remain NED this just seemed the next natural step. So glad we've moved from talking to doing ❤️💍💍❤️

chelle73

They're gorgeous 😀

angepange

Well done Jani!xxx

Pitstop

YEY!! Fantastic news @Jani!! Congratulations!!! xxx

Ivan

Just got back from our oldest daughters dance show at the city hall. Was great to watch and it was her last one as she's going off to University in September. She's been going since she was 5 and she's 18 now, seems like only yesterday we went to her first one..! A lovely evening though.
Ivan 😃

Michele

Congrats, Jani what lovely news. It's my anniversary today 23 years eeek. @Ivan my eldest daughter has just finished uni. I can remember so clearly leaving her as she went into the main hall along with hundreds of other freshers and now she is home again. I love her being back xxxxx

Jemma.W

What type of dance does she do @Ivan? I bet it was lovely xx

Ivan

Tap and Jazz @Jemma.W I'll try and find a pic and get a grown up to upload it! 😀👍

Ivan

Front row second left. Proud dad 😊
Ivan 😃

chelle73

@ Ivan how proud you must be, she's a proper bobby dazzler lol x

Jemma.W

Wow amazing she looks lovely. I used to do tap, jazz and ballet and loved show time. I hope the keeps it up at uni I always regretted not keeping it up. Particularly the ballet.

Brian

Fabulous picture. Thanks for sharing. Justifiably proud I say! Hugs, B x

Bob

Great photo @Ivan Is she going to a reasonably local uni or to the other end of the country as most seem to opt for?

AliceB

Yesterday I watched my daughter discover sand !!!

chelle73

Ha @AliceB that's fab, when we took our little guy when he was nearly 2 he wouldn't put his feet down, his legs stuck rigidly at a 90 degree angle lol

Jemma.W

That's a lovely photo! The water and sand combination is the best. They don't like the feel as the tide takes the grains away from their tiny feet! xxx

AliceB

She struggled with the feel of grass , if she's sitting on the lawn she tries to keep her legs off the ground - I'm impressed with her core muscle strength wink