Welcome, Guest. Please sign in or register.

Did you miss your activation email?

General Discussion

Vivienne

Third Cycle

2pm this afternoon I go for my third poisoning by 'Evil Irene' (Irinotecan). Up to now she has been very gentle on me so hopefully that will continue, I've even kept my eyebrows & lashes so far. lol

I seem to remember someone else was going today also, all the best to whoever it was & Healing Thoughts for all.x

Vivienne

It's near Tintagel Alison, so not too far.

Have a great time whatever you do & if you find it warm enough to swim you're hardier than me. I dug out a thermal vest yesterday, I was so cold.

rose57

Have a lovely time in Cornwall Alison.

Rose xxx

alisonhelen

Thanks Rose! I'll have a cream tea for all my friends on the forum! So if I put on weight on holiday you're all to blame!!

Alison xx

Hazel

Have a great time Alison!! x x

Mary HB

Hi Alison - Have a lovely time, I'll wave as you come through Devon smile Look out for Ottery St Mary !!!

Love Mary xxxx

Hazel

My neighbours parents and sister live in ottery!

alisonhelen

Will do Mary! Love Devon too, but as we spend a fair bit of time there as Bob's sister lives in Brixham, thought we'd try the North Cornish coast which we don't know at all!

Hoping this rain stays off, butt cagoules, jumpers, stout shoes are all packed!

Speak to you all when I get back!

Alison xx

HeatherL
alisonhelen: Will do Mary! Love Devon too, but as we spend a fair bit of time there as Bob's sister lives in Brixham, thought we'd try the North Cornish coast which we don't know at all!

Hoping this rain stays off, butt cagoules, jumpers, stout shoes are all packed!

Speak to you all when I get back!

Alison xx

Have an absolutely memorable time and get loads of uplifting moments xx

alisonhelen

Thanks Heather! Will do smile

Am going to have a 'Cornish cream tea party' for all my bowel cancer friends...... will eat a scone laden with jam and clotted cream for each of you..... Sorry Suze, may go a bit off the Anti-cancer diet this week! But will be a very faithfull pescatarian.... Rick Stein, here I come!

Alison

Hazel

A butt cagoole? Alison i know our bums are now precious to us but isn't that taking it too the extreme!? have a lovely lovely time!!!!!!! weather should improve according to forecast.

alisonhelen

Lol! Did notice that after I posted it!

It's raining for England here ATM, so just hope thats the last of it! xx

Vivienne

Hope it's all going well & you are enjoying Cornwall Alison, we've had a fair bit of rain here, just glad I live on high ground.

Saw the Onco yesterday & although my sats were a little low & temp a little raised my bloods are aok with the CEA stable at 76 so we are going ahead with Irene & Cetux today. They checked everything because I have been coughing for England for a couple of weeks & feeling really tired. Even my Sound Healing workshop on Sunday didn't raise me, which is most unusual.
I woke wringing wet at around 5.45 this morning but when I checked my temp it was normal so see no reason to change anything so far. Be interesting to see if they check my temp & sats before they start this morning.

Have a Good Day Everyone & Healing Hugs & Thoughts for you All.

HeatherL

And hugs and all good wishes sent to you too Vivienne xx

Vivienne

Thanks Heather.
Well they didn't check anything, went ahead & started the flush, only for the pharmacist to come along & say they should never book a Cetux patient in before 10am when they have a pre-assessment on the Wednesday afternoon as it will not be ready. I don't have anymore booked but I'll remember that for another time & any appointments before 10am, I'll change.
I spoke to the pharmacist & it seems admin just don't listen when they tell them not to do it, once again admin rubbing me up the wrong way. It seems more problems are caused by admin than any other hospital department. 

HeatherL
Vivienne: Thanks Heather.
Well they didn't check anything, went ahead & started the flush, only for the pharmacist to come along & say they should never book a Cetux patient in before 10am when they have a pre-assessment on the Wednesday afternoon as it will not be ready. I don't have anymore booked but I'll remember that for another time & any appointments before 10am, I'll change.
I spoke to the pharmacist & it seems admin just don't listen when they tell them not to do it, once again admin rubbing me up the wrong way. It seems more problems are caused by admin than any other hospital department.

Hi Vivienne, the only complaints that I have had in the treatment here in Spain has only been with the admin staff, and some are just so rude as to be slapable grin
The trouble is as admin they are at the start of anything that happens to us hence delays and lost info.
Take care lovey xx

Vivienne

Seems these admin problems are universal. A FB friend who lives in Switzerland said they have the same trouble & I know my Sis in NZ has too.

Everything went OK on Thursday, had not bad day on Friday, then it all went wrong yesterday. For some reason my body decided to do an about turn. Never in the four years since this began have I been constipated, always diarrhoea, until yesterday.
I have moaned, been humiliated & embarassed & thoroughly exhausted with diarrhoea, please can I have it back!!! I have so much pain with this constipation & nothing seems to touch it. Passed a couple of reasonably normal motions last night & figured I would wake this morning & everything would be ok but the pain is still there.
Looks like another day on the couch with my friend the hottie! sad

Have a Good Day Everyone & Healing Hugs for you All

HeatherL

Hi Vivienne, these bowels really rule our lives. I never thought the highlight of my day would be a good, normal pooh smile

Vivienne

Bowel returned to normal after my last post but I have been in pain until yesterday afternoon when it just seemed to go! I've spent every day curled up on the couch with my hot water bottle, feeling sorry for myself. My head is in a better place now & I feel much brighter. Just eaten a bowl of 'Special K' with banana & tum is feeling a bit sore but hopefully once breakfast is digested that will come right.
Back to the unit this afternoon for 'Cetuximab' so fingers crossed I'm not in pain by then.

Healing Hugs & Thoughts for you All

Vivienne

Cetux went ok yesterday, I fell asleep on the couch at about 9.30pm, woke around 12.30, came to bed & didn't wake until about 7am, a miracle! Only problem is my tum is hurting & not eased after taking two 'Tramadol'a half hour ago!
Have to get up & see if some breakfast might help.

Have a Good Day Everyone, Healing Hugs & Thoughts for all

marg

Hi Vivienne, just read your notes and sorry you are having to deal with more news, I am interested because like you I am also on Cetixumab
They have recently reduced my dose to 400 ml from 500 and I have dealt with it better. I still have an awful rash on my face and feel very tired.also have tummy issues.
I do wish you well and hope you can carry on with it and maybe have RFA.

Sending you hugs x