Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Glitterbug

Stoma names?- a little light hearted post.....

Morning all fellow Stoma club members (must think of a catchier title)'

Another post got me thinking and started this light hearted post to see if its got legs....

Quite simply - have you named your stoma and what was the reason for the name?...I know of 2 other so far so keen to know others :)

Keep smiling,

Glitterbug :x::x:

azro3

My wife's stoma was called Grimes. Partly after the hapless, unlucky Frank Grimes from the Simpsons and partly after the angry guy from the Walking Dead.

Love some of the names on here though!

itfc1959

I called mine ‘Jim’, after a work colleague.

Sparkles

😂😂😂 @itfc1959 that made me lol :x::x:

crispy

@Aussiebrumby how strange. I call my stoma Bertie after a cat we had who ran away ! Not sure if there’s any logic in that but it sounds quite cute !

angepange

I love the fact that’s Glitterbug’s thread of stoma names lives on. Fantastic . Loving ‘jim’ @itfc1959 ! :x:

Salgal

@angepange I love it too haha I don’t have one yet and maybe won’t but this thread makes me laugh :x::x::x:

Kathy L

Pauls was always referred to as "pink alien"

Chelts

Mine is called Colin after that famous Irish father of stomas; Colin O'Scopy

Kareno62

Mine was called Lily ileostomy but she's now returned to the dark (in)side

Gary not Gavin

Mine is called a la carter.mind you about a monthago after I took too much poo liquid was going to call it hurricane buttgut coz it would not stop.
That is my first accident mishap in any way since last November 2017.

Hope your all doing well

Gary :x::x::x:

tonibates1

@Glitterbug
sorry for the missing message, I clicked on send before I could type my message. My husband called his stoma BARRY. But the good news is now Barry has left the building, we had a small farewell do, but after having the reversal two months ago, Barry is now a memory. :x::x::x::x::x:

Naomi6861

Mine was called Roma the stoma!

Jenny101

My other half has named his “Mr Poo”. Bit basic but rather apt!

michael

Mine is called Nicola after another little Scottish redhead who makes silly noises.

jefferswife

Hi my husband calls his Louis after louis vuitton , his designer bag!!

GD62

hi @Glitterbug

Must admit have not given mine a name so far just ileostomy seems uninspiring and boring....:x::x::x:

Clancy

@GD62, I think jefferswife's husband has the right idea, jump on the designer bandwagon. How about Stella?:x::x:

GD62

Oh @Clancy to be honest it seems like too much brain ache to even justify a name......no ileostomy is the most inventive I can get I am afraid. I spend a good bit of time writing prescriptions for ostomy and ileostomy patients and sending them off to Response, Fiitleworths and North West Ostomy that it reminds me of work at home, so it does not inspire me to give it a name. Ooooooh I'm such a miserable sod...lol :x:

Clancy

Lol @GD62, I really can't comment as I was lucky not to have a stoma, and I don't blame you really, it does smack of bus man's holiday. I am attending the Manchester Whit walks on Monday, hope it doesn't p@@s down. Oh and the house move is all going swimmingly t@@s up too, but I don't care, I think cancer kind of gives us this edge,that material things don't matter as much. Christie's filled me full of dex today, so I will be the miserable sod in a couple of days.:x::x: