Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Wellness during and after treatment

tigercub

Ahhh toothache

Hi got toothache came on during g night due have chemo at 2o clock today and going on UK holiday tomorrow haven't taken painkillers yet .I'm thinking it's filling needs redoing . anyone belse had this .would they still do chemo if I had filling in morning AHH dilemma .will phone chemo unit for advice open 8.30 .dentist at 9 . thinking maybe dentist won't do anything .that's if can get appointment

Elmac

@tigercub - I was told by my Cancer Clinic not to let the dentist poke around in the gums - should think that if it is just a filling it might be OK. I suppose it depends on the anaesthetic injection they might have to give you.
Good luck and enjoy your holiday
Elaine

tigercub

Thanks .well we probably delay going for day till this dealt with .i need talk to chemo unit and dentist .

Baxter2

Good morning @tigercub,

I think you should get to your dentist for a check and assessment of what's needing done (but no treatment just yet!) You can then discuss this with your chemo unit/oncologist. I believe they may want you to have antibiotic cover if you need significant work done but I do think it very much depends on the extent of things. I feel for you, toothache is just horrible!

Good luck!

K💚💛💜💙❤️

tigercub
Quote from @Baxter2:
Good morning @tigercub,

I think you should get to your dentist for a check and assessment of what's needing done (but no treatment just yet!) You can then discuss this with your chemo unit/oncologist. I believe they may want you to have antibiotic cover if you need significant work done but I do think it very much depends on the extent of things. I feel for you, toothache is just horrible!

Good luck!

K💚💛💜💙❤️

Hi Baxter2
Thanks life just keep hitting me .got emergency dental appointment 11 .chemo was 2 .my nurse said my blood very good so depending what dentist does it could still go ahead decision down to chemo unit and me .will probably get antibiotics more pills take going need suitcase for meds alone .thanks for advice

Baxter2

Hope you get sorted out @tigercub

I know what you mean re meds for holidays! I had to check in a case for flying south to Penny Brohn to carry all my lotions and potions! 😂 I also had to carry injections in a cool bag and other injections separately through security but it all went without a hitch! I had a covering letter from oncologist. Where there's a will there's a way! 😉

Good luck for today!

K💚💛💜💙❤️

terri m

Hi @tigercub . when I had toothache my chemo was,delayed, however I had infection.. i think you are right to get advice from your health care team first... Hope you manage to get some good pain relief... Do we get free dental treatment now has we recieve E S A allowance.?? Just wondered out of curiosity. Have a kively break :x::x::x::x:

tigercub
Quote from @terri m:
Hi @tigercub . when I had toothache my chemo was,delayed, however I had infection.. i think you are right to get advice from your health care team first... Hope you manage to get some good pain relief... Do we get free dental treatment now has we recieve E S A allowance.?? Just wondered out of curiosity. Have a kively break

Hi Terri m
Hi dentist says no infection probably inflamed nerves so taking painkillers seem help a bit so at waiting room for chemo hopefully that still go ahead.blood count is very good .very good point ESA never thought of that . thanks lots

tigercub

Hi all thanks for advice . chemo done . really knackered sitting in garden get last sun . hospital not keen for me to have filling done but will speak consultant next week and she may give antibiotics for few days if happen.painkillers seen knocked out tooth pain .more tablets from hospital bad heartburn nurse give a polite reprimand don't ignore it next time get checked a&e ok .so day been better than I thought .and saw 100 planes flypast :x::x: