Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Wellness during and after treatment

tigercub

Mouth ulcers

Hi folks any one got any tips on treatment mouth ulcers all lower bottom lip using mouthwash got bongela do anyone use salt gargle

Baxter2

Morning @tigercub

I use difflam mouthwash every day (on prescription) and it appears to keep things under control. That said, I do get a bit of a sore mouth/ulcers for 2 or 3 days each cycle. I have difflam mouth spray too which can be sprayed when out and about but hardly need it. I can't eat a curry on these days!

K💚💛💜❤️💙

tigercub

Hi Baxter2 I use mouthwash chemo unit supply don't know name .and my actual lips very dry need lipsalve all time .I think I got sore mouth on last chemo in winter . hopefully it go soon but have chemo again in Tues thanks advice.your awake early .I can't sleep well at moment :x:

Baxter2

Yes, I was awake at 3 (due to steroids and my ongoing 'high' after the special delivery of my grandson on Monday!) i just got up and had an early breakfast (again, due to steroid hunger!)

I ALWAYS have dryness on lips and around moth area. I just keep slapping on Pliazon cream as much as possible, day and night!

Hope you don't feel too tired later today!

Lots of love,

K💚💛💜❤️💙

tigercub
Quote from @Baxter2:
Yes, I was awake at 3 (due to steroids and my ongoing 'high' after the special delivery of my grandson on Monday!) i just got up and had an early breakfast (again, dis to steroid hunger!)

I ALWAYS have dryness on lips and around moth area. I just keep slapping on Pliazon cream as much as possible, day and night!

Hope you don't feel too tired later today!

Lots of love,

K💚💛💜❤️💙

Yes your grandson how lovely.ibhave steroids injection on chemo day then have take 4: tablets 2 days but I guess they stay in you .nurses say it's give you boost keep appetite up I don't need encouraging there getting far too fat .I will be tired but I have sleep in afternoon.got busy morning going see my boss company annoying me might just go in there carrying the disability discrimination act 2010;book

Baxter2

@tigercub

I have steroids on day of infusions then for 3 days afterwards, two tablets at breakfast (just remembered to take today's brekkie ones!) and two at lunch. I like the effect they have in boosting my energy levels and helping my body cope with the chemo. I've tried drastically reducing them and struggled so I know they help me!

K💚💛💜❤️💙

Clancy

Hi @tigercub, I have tried to half my dexamethasone due to the big red face they give me, and I am not keen on the massive high they give me. Then I have a few gloomy days, the dex crash, not keen on those. So I am trying one in the morning and one at lunch time, it seemed better last time. I think it's what suits the individual. Hope you are ok, just realised the post was about mouth ulcers, they must have something available at your chemo unit to offer you. I haven't had that yet, but I don't runny eyes and snotty nose lol.:x::x:

Polly 1

Hi @tigercub have you tried Gelclair? You can get it on prescription or from the chemo unit. My husband uses Difflam and Gelclair.

angepange

Hi @tigercub . I had really bad throat and mouth ulcers during chemo and used difflam? Hope this helps :x::x::x:

tigercub

Hi thanks everyone I haven't replied to anyone sorry I just been so whacked today as I'm sure most of you are chemo and this heat tough I crashed and slept couple times .I seen difflam come up few times can you get it on prescription

GD62

Hi @tigercub all good suggestions difflam, corsodyl but alcohol free one, bonjela and so on. Positive healing all 👍❣️

tigercub

Thanks guys .it's odd it seems as if it's less painful and I think good getting better CV then it starts feeling vsire again guess got perseverance is key .same as I have smat cut on elbow have taken skin off and it'still not healed properly 2 weeks keep bleeding show doc and she was happy with it . explain wounds take longer on chemo my granddaughter come put big Mr men plaster on it