Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life beyond bowel cancer

Lady GT

Walking the tightrope

Good evening to all you lovely forumites.
Well, it's two years and four months since His Lordship was deemed inoperable, and nineteen months since the surgery which DID remove his tumour (along with massive peritoneal spread).
And we've just had the unbelievable news that his latest scan shows him to still be NED.

I can't begin to describe the relief and gratitude we feel tonight.
Yes, there is radiation damage. Yes, he has a permanent colostomy. No, his body and our lives will never be the same again.

Once cancer has entered your life, it's like walking a tightrope the whole time. Some parts can be fairly steady, others are distinctly wobbly. But there is always, always the danger that you might fall off.
For now, Lord GT and I get to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

So to anybody who is in the middle of treatment and feeling overwhelmed by it all, there CAN be hope. Dig in, keep going, keep hoping
And to all those of you who helped ME when I was distintly overwhelmed, thank you.

I'm not here on the forum as often as I used to be ... all part of the 'moving on' process I suppose. But I am endlessly grateful for the support I received and it's good to see that continue here.

Love to all of you.
:x:

Swan

Wonderful wonderful news @Lady GT. :x::x:

Trinity

@Lady GT great news so pleased to hear, and thank YOU for all your support :x::x:

Daffodil

How great that you can post under this topic @Lady GT ! So pleased for you.:x::x:

LABluebell

Such good news @Lady GT so very very happy for you both :x::x::x:

sweetcheeks

My darling @Lady GT , you were the first person to message me when Geoff was diagnosed, and I was only thinking of you yesterday, this is the best news , and what a ray of hope to us all ,
Love and hugs 🤗
Tracey :x::x::x::x:

Salgal

@Lady GT what a lovely post to read, I am so happy for you both, it lifted my spirits as half way through my own treatment and have felt quite low the last couple weeks, so like you say I just have to dig in and keep going. Love and hugs :x::x::x:

brighty08

Great news @Lady GT!! Lovely to hear a positive story. Keep going and all the best to you both. :x::x::x:

Sparkles

@Lady GT a brilliant post i can totally relate to, thanks for your support when i needed it, it was invaluable and so pleased to hear your recent update :x::x:

Freckles50

@Lady GT, I can only echo everyone’s comments, especially @Sparkles. Your post brought tears to my eyes, just like @Baxter2 and the timely delivery. I love to read these posts it gives us forumites a little boat to cling on to, in this huge ocean of uncertainty. Thank you, I’m so happy for you both :x::x::x:

Ally13

So pleased to read your good news @Lady GT
Thanks for all your support, and best wishes for the future. :x::x::x::x:

mem

What a wonderful post @Lady GT! So happy for you and your family. Here's to the future 🥂:x::x::x:

1234annie

Wonderful news ❤❤❤❤

DianeS

Amazing news @Lady GT and I’m so happy for his Lordship. Sending you both loads of love Diane :x::x::x::x:

Tinkletot

fantastic post to read@ladygt this forum gives so much strength to us all.:x:

Familyfirst

@Lady GT so happy for you both ... fab news :x:

Lizalou

So pleased to read your news @Lady GT . These positive stories mean so much to all of us. :x::x:

CD1966

What a fantastic update @Lady GT !