Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Wellness during and after treatment

tigercub

Alcohol

Hi I don't usually drink alcohol anyway much as have secondary tumour in liver .but just wondering do any of you have little drink while on chemo . hubby is saying am I allowed I have never asked doc .it would only be glass cider 4% I'm on irenotecan campto and capectabine tablets but tablets finished weds for this cycle

DMR700

Hi @tigercub I initially went t-total due to liver tumours, decided it didn’t need anymore grief! But now have the odd drink, usually just a few wine or champagnes on special occasion. Haven’t been drunk yet... but no problems so far :x::x:

GD62

I have cut booze back but enjoyed several bottles while having a week in Italy. Generally dilute my wine 🍷 50/59 to make it last longer with water and have maybe a bottle every three weeks. All in moderation 🤷🏽‍♂️ :x:

charleyb

Our Onc was ok with it. She preferred red wine, and only a couple of glasses. When my hubby went over board i.e a celebration his blood results showed it, and you could tell his liver was stressed. So he stuck to only drinking in his good week, and not drinking lots. I believe everything in moderation, an odd glass or two if you fancy it shoudn`t do much harm. obviously check with your own team first :x::x::x:

tigercub
Quote from @DMR700:
Hi @tigercub I initially went t-total due to liver tumours, decided it didn’t need anymore grief! But now have the odd drink, usually just a few wine or champagnes on special occasion. Haven’t been drunk yet... but no problems so far

Thanks advice

tigercub
Quote from @charleyb:
Our Onc was ok with it. She preferred red wine, and only a couple of glasses. When my hubby went over board i.e a celebration his blood results showed it, and you could tell his liver was stressed. So he stuck to only drinking in his good week, and not drinking lots. I believe everything in moderation, an odd glass or two if you fancy it shoudn`t do much harm. obviously check with your own team first

Hi thanks that's what I thought but as always forget ask consultant even when write down