Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

kidsversuscopy

Lung nodules

Hello - i'm in a bit of a weird place at the moment... Diagnosed last year T3 N1 and I've just had the results back from my 1st annual CT. Liver clear, abdo cavity clear, but there are a couple of tiny nodules at the bottom lobes of my lungs - 3 in total. They might have been there since my diagnosis scan but there was a weird anomaly which cut off this this section so the radiographer couldn't compare them.

My team generally seem positive. "Left sided cancer would pop up first in liver, there was no EMVI, just had a CEA test and it was 0.7 so down from 1 in January etc..." but of course i'm climbing the walls with worry and now I have to wait three months for another scan to decide my fate! I hate cancer.

I guess i'm looking for reassurance really from people who have had these tiny nodules which have turned out to be benign... If not then I guess it's back on the chemo train again.

:x::x:

charleyb

Hi @kidsversuscopy i`m so very sorry to read your update, I HATE cancer too!!! I`ve never heard that about left sided cancer, my hubby had only the one met in his left lung, right at the bottom, nothing in the liver. He did however have EMVI and 3 lymphs involved. I haven`t got a lot of advice i`m afraid as not been in the same position (yet) but what i will say is the lung can have these strange lumps and bumps and they not mean much. I know when Charlie had his resection they also took out two nodules, both were benign, just a collection of nerves and blood vessels. i have also seen on here people have things like this show up and then not do anything more so are deemed benign. I will keep everything crossed for you that these lung thingies are nothing, big hugs :x::x::x:

Chas

Hello @kidsversuscopy I too had a lung nodule in January. Was told it was probably due to infection but found it hard to accept. Three month second scan showed it had gone an d was indeed due to infection. Seems this is very common. So whilst it’s hard try not to get too anxious. Hugs. :x::x:

kidsversuscopy

Thanks so much for your stories of reassurance @Chas @charleyb - it's great to hear that you/your husband are doing so well. Long may it continue 😀 :x::x:

kellyh15

@kidsversuscopy hello u, I had exactly the same, at 6 months scan post chemo I was told. Oh fab news your lung nodule has remained the same..... hold up, what lung nodule!!! I was knocked for 6, reassured it was nothing to worry about etc but was beside myself. Anyway, they didn’t even want to bother monitoring it but I made a missive if myself 😜. In all I’ve had a scan every 6 months up to Oct last year and it’s remained the same. I was right sided tumour, envi positive and had lymph node involvement. They point blank refused to scan me in June which would have been 3 yrs as they said I’d had enough exposure to radiation. I’ll let them have that one till the end of the year and I’ll start banging on doors again, even if I have to pay for it myself. I still worry Regards lung mets and feel like I’m waiting for the sodin thing to change!!! These modules are common though and cts these day are so sensitive they pick up all sorts.

kellyh15

@kidsversuscopy I understand your worry though, but you might spend the next three months sweating for nothing🙏. Here’s hoping 🤞 its only time that will reassure you as more scans go by where there is no change. Lots of reassuring stories in here :x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

angepange

Hi @kidsversuscopy , read my bio if you get a chance. May reassure you :x::x:

HH79

Hi there @kidsversuscopy I’m so sorry have this to go through and wait on. I guess even IF (big if!) is anything ‘smelly’, you have to wait 3m either way. So just keep busy and distracted and keep optimistic. And know anything can and will be dealt with. Lots of love :x::x:

Clairelou

Hi @kidsversuscopy, laid awake thinking about how it’s been a year since my diagnosis and thinking of all the lovely people online who have helped me through my journey and you popped in my head. 😊Couldn’t find any updates on Facebook to see how you’re doing so I’ve popped on here to catch up and seen your thread. Sorry to hear this..... :x::x::x::x:

Clairelou

Hi @kidsversuscopy, laid awake thinking about how it’s been a year since my diagnosis and thinking of all the lovely people online who have helped me through my journey and you popped in my head. 😊Couldn’t find any updates on Facebook to see how you’re doing so I’ve popped on here to catch up and seen your thread. Sorry to hear this..... :x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @kidsversuscopy

I'm sorry to read your post and the uncertainty you'll now feel because of this! Bloody cancer!!! I hope some of the other lovely forum friends will provide some sort of reassurance for you. I don't have experience of lung nodules as mine were in liver and peritoneum.

Sending loads of love and hugs your way!

K💚💛💜💙❤️