Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

DMR700

Low white blood count- solution

Know this is something that many people suffer from and can delay chemo. Just wanted to share a solution - I recently tried Life Mel honey and it has worked!

My wbc started at over 5, dropped every fortnight right down to 1.7 then after a week taking the honey back up 3.7 then 3.9.

It’s also worked for a friend who was almost on delay/reduced dose due to such low counts.

I know there’s a lot of expensive snake oil on the market so just sharing that this is one that seems to work :x::x:

Lynette

Thanks for the tip @DRM700 and worth a try. It's difficult enough to plan much around a 2 weekly chemo cycle and any delays just messes up any plans completely. :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Interesting @DMR700 !

I've had low neutrophils and having the week of injections to boost. It might be worth a try to avoid two jags each day every other week! Is it available in supermarkets??

K💚💛💜❤️💙

DMR700

@Baxter2 I think just online, I’ll send you a link. It boosted my neutrophils too! :x::x:

kim74

Hi @DMR700 I have just started taking Life Mel honey I have had my bloods done today so it will be interesting to see if it has helped mine as like you they are getting low :x::x:

Sean

How did ya get on @kim74 ?

determinedjoan

Many thanks for posting this tip; ordered Sunday (online) delivered (first class) today, first dose this morning. Can't have Filgrastim injections due to previous severe allergic reaction, so really appreciate being able to try something to help, thank you :x:

CD1966

Many thanks for this tip - I well pass this on to my brother, who has had some low bloods recently.

kim74

Hi @Sean Sorry I didn't answer you yesterday I was having chemo it was a long day. My white blood count has increased to 10.6 and my neutrophil count to 7.3 so I am well pleased don't know if its the Life Mel honey I haven't started taking anything else so I am thinking it must be I will carry on taking it, now I need to ask what I can take to take to help my red blood count and Hamoglobin count they are low so if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.
Best wishes
Kim :x::x: