Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

Baxter2

I’ve just delivered my Grandson in the bath!

Good morning, just wanted to share some amazing news with you all

My son called me at 4.20 this morning to pop round to the house to babysit Harry to allow him And his incredible wife to go to hospital as she was in labour. After saying a quick hello (as she was soaking in a nice deep bubble bath,) I went to make myself. a coffee downstairs.

I heard that all too familiar “mum!” and hurried upstairs where I was pretty certain she was about to deliver I could feel and see the top of his head so told my son to call 999 and say birth was imminent. Next contraction and we slowly delivered his head under the water then i delivered his shoulders and body onto mums tummy.

Thankfully he cried right away and pinked up nicely. I simply can’t believe how incredibly calm she was and and also me and my son too. He was on the phone to ambulance control giving a running commentary and handing over clean towels. They’ve all gone to hospital in the ambulance now and I’m sitting here with tears streaming down my face almost in disbelief at what’s just happened. It was one of the most special moments of my entire life to have the the absolute privilege and joy of delivering my own grandson into the world. I’ll treasure that memory forever and wanted to share it with you all! He’s called Cameron and was born at 4.49am. (I should add that I was a midwife many moons ago before I had my own kids)

Have a lovely day everyone!

Karen❤️💜💛💚💙

Baxter2

Ahh, thank you @Gypsy !

Hope you're both doing well

Lots of love,

Karen 💚💛💜💙❤️

Elmac

@Baxter2 - two beautiful grandsons to love
Elaine :x::x::x:

Rach

@Baxter2 gorgeous :x::x:

bogongbelle

Wow @Baxter2! How blessed are you to share such an intimate moment! All the joy and excitement without the sleepless nights and endless nappy changes. You certainly have two beautiful grandsons - enjoy them! 👶👶 :x::x::x:

joanne2570

congratulations @Baxter2 sorry my comnent is a little late. how exciting and lots of joy in the coming years for you. i have my little grandaughter with me for a while and its great watching them without the sleepless nights enjoy and take care

helena

What an absolutely wonderful experience for you - I'm thrilled for you and your lovely family, Helena xxxc

Lizalou

Such lovely photos @Baxter2 . Great that you can be so involved with your grandchildren. ...I expect that Harry now needs extra cuddles too. :x:

Baxter2

Thank you all @Elmac @Rach @bogongbelle @joanne2570 @helena and @Lizalou!

I am certainly blessed with this wonderful experience and will treasure the memories forever. I go over and over the whole birth smiling with pure joy at how it all turned out! It did have the potential to be pretty traumatic I guess!

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Loads of love,

Karen 💚💛💜💙❤️

Baxter2

Baxter2

Last one..........I promise! (Well maybe last one for this week!) 😉😉

Michele

I only pop in once in a while nowadays, but what a fantastic thread to read first. Congratulations to you all @Baxter2 . He is gorgeous :):):):):)

Baxter2

Aww thank you @Michele!

It certainly was very very special!

Hope you're doing alright?

K💚💛💜💙❤️

Sean

Oh wow @Baxter2 incredible stuff! Pleased for ya!:x:

Gypsy

He's lovely @Baxter2 . Wish I could give him a cuddle too!
:x::x::x:

Bridget55

Keep them coming @Baxter2 love seeing the development of the new one and cuddles with his brother. Xxx great it# keeping you buoyant.. think how much that’s boosting the immune system. Keep riding on cloud 9. I’m up in Edinburgh in August around 14th to 16th so we can meet up if time :x::x:

Karen17

@Baxter2 This is currently my favourite thread to follow. Love the photos and updates to cheer everyone up. :x:

springer michelle

Wow. @Baxter2 just popped in. How amazing. Well done. And hes gorgeous :x:

Baxter2

Thank you @Sean - how are you doing?
@Gypsy - Popping round for morning coffee and cuddles today
@Bridget - yes, he's just the tonic I needed! I'd love to get together in August! It's a date!
@Karen17 - thank you! X
@springer michelle - thank you! X

Lots of love to you all and hope today is a good one!

K💚💛💜💙❤️

Applejack

What a lovely story. Congratulations on your new grandson.

Baxter2

Thank you @Applejack!

Hope you're doing ok? Have a nice day,

K💚💛💜💙❤️