Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

tigercub

Work cock up

Hi .my firm have just cause me load new worry .they had paid me full sick pay in error my pay finished in march.new pay system central ? Have paid all sick colleagues in every store ..dwp got wind this so think I'm working can get fined prosecuted for fraud benefits stopped ESA .DWP don't answer there phones I try many times to contact and inform them of mistake so had to admit I gave up and went to get chemo .my boss is trying to help but I'm expecting it to stop ESA then have he'll job to get resolved if at all .have filled in there form I have been sent and covering letter explaining hoping someone compassionate reads it . because they always say it's our responsibility etc to inform .but it wasn't my fault .I head expected my firm contact me to make arrangements with me to recover money.but I don't think they know what there doing .my boss says he thinks there going pay me again .what idiots.oh well rant over hopefully it will get resolved.just when your coping with so much and then someone gives you more crap deal with

WendySue

Hi @tigercub I think we all deserve a rant and I think this is the best Forum for support. I suffer if I eat the wrong food but it is tempting to have a treat. I am also in bed as I caught the mother of all bugs from my son- he was over it in a couple of days while I am on third lot of antis to get rid and am keeping hubby awake all night with my cough! We have got the Red Arrows coming to Swansea today and as we are on a hill I can see them over the Bay from my bed- good distraction. Enjoy your soup! :x::x:

KatieR

Hello @tigercub
I am beginning to wonder just how many Last Straws we can put up with ..... We are all packed up and ready to go on holiday to a campsite just outside Skipton....except we are sitting in the Surgical Assessment Unit Waiting to find out whether John has a hernia abscess tumour or a combination of all three
We were here most of yesterday waiting to see if somebody senior can authorise a U S scan or CAT scan by the time he turned up it was to late so we were sent home at 11:30 pm and back here for 9:15 am
Still waiting.......
Cath :x::x:

Catlover

Hi @tiger-cub, as @WendySue says, it would be a good idea to contact the Macmillan welfare rights, this should take some of the stress away from you. Also I think you deserve a rant, it does you good to get it out of the system. I hope you are both feeling better very soon.
What a nightmare @KatieR, I hope you see some one quickly and get on your way to Skipton. Let us know what happens. Love to you all Caroline :x::x:

tigercub
Quote from @KatieR:
Hello @tigercub
I am beginning to wonder just how many Last Straws we can put up with ..... We are all packed up and ready to go on holiday to a campsite just outside Skipton....except we are sitting in the Surgical Assessment Unit Waiting to find out whether John has a hernia abscess tumour or a combination of all three
We were here most of yesterday waiting to see if somebody senior can authorise a U S scan or CAT scan by the time he turned up it was to late so we were sent home at 11:30 pm and back here for 9:15 am
Still waiting.......
Cath

Hi Katie R
How awful hope they get your hubby sorted soon .I've book a week in Dorset for relax have stayed before do know it's nice .but amount meds I have take along now .and chemo nurse say take all hospital letters from oncologist and surgical I. Case u need an a&e.holidays become more complex your meant relax .good luck

KatieR

He has had a scan Waiting for results ......

penjay1902

Hi @KatieR. Hope everything is ok. :x::x:

Clancy

Hi @tigercub, I too have had scared dealings with the ESA/DWP thing. I claim my late husband's occupational pension, and didn't realise I had a pay increase. I am so used to not getting a pay increase due to working in the NHS that I never check. I got the mother of all letters, I felt like a common criminal, and when I finally got through, days later, I was told off! And my money from ESA halved. I do hope you get sorted.:x::x:

tigercub

Hi Clancy .yes leyter makes you feel like crimminal.i know phone operators have deal with lots customers .but these things really do add to our stress .least you got yours sorted halved is bit harsh

tigercub
Quote from @Catlover:
Hi @tiger-cub, as @WendySue says, it would be a good idea to contact the Macmillan welfare rights, this should take some of the stress away from you. Also I think you deserve a rant, it does you good to get it out of the system. I hope you are both feeling better very soon.
What a nightmare @KatieR, I hope you see some one quickly and get on your way to Skipton. Let us know what happens. Love to you all Caroline

Thank you all

KatieR

Sorry to Invade your post @tigercub Just wanted to say we are Home wooooooooo Antibiotics and rest is prescribed So we are still going on our hols on monday Double woooo wooooo
Cath xx
Ps Its Spag bol 🍝 garlic bread and Red wine 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷Time .... Im going to drink the whole bottle

Catlover

Enjoy the spag Bol @KatieR and garlic bread and particularly the red wine. Enjoy your hols - even if it is in Yorkshire :x::x::x::x:

tigercub

Hi Katie R oh hi that's fine glad you're got result and holiday still on .was it infection I forgot had pretty tough day felt poor but much better now . enjoy where you off to .we all deserve break

KatieR

Hi @tigercub and @Catlover
Well Im sitting in a lovely field at Niffany Farm Incredible views Very hot sun with a cooling breeze Drinking dark fruits Cider
You will never believe after all the whooo haaa with John and his Hernia/ abscess / lump .......
..I woke up early sunday morning with a dental abscess ...Like someone had smacked me in the face with a cricket bat ! Well “fed up” was an understatement I googled the 24hr Emergency Dentist got an appt within an hour and insisted that the Dentist ( age 12 ) either took the tooth out or the jaw I was in So much pain so he whipped it out and gave me a box of Antibiotics Total price £21:80 I couldn’t believe it It cost me £59 to have a tiny filling the week before !
Ive never had so many things conspire to rob me of a holiday ....Anyway we are here now about to have a barbi with loads of delicious food from M &S in Skipton ....Woooooooooooo
Cath :x::x:

KatieR

Photo!

tigercub

Katie R
Wow how busy you have been but least you got holiday .mine is next week day after chemo so fingers xx this week been feeling rough so hopefully by then will settle.i am really feeling the fatigue on this chemo so must rest enough . enjoy rest holiday.glad you got dental stuff sorted

Catlover

Hi @KatieR Isn’t that typical, bad toothache just before you go? Well done for getting it sorted so soon, can’t believe the cost! You have reminded me I must pay a visit to the dentist before I go on my jollies. I hope John’s lump/hernia/abbess is responding to the antibiotics and the rest. Fabulous views over, have you been to the castle? Enjoy the rest and the weather.

I hope @tigercub you are feeling better for next week and you can enjoy your holiday. Take it easy and get loads of rest.

Caroline :x::x:

tigercub
Quote from @Catlover:
Hi @KatieR Isn’t that typical, bad toothache just before you go? Well done for getting it sorted so soon, can’t believe the cost! You have reminded me I must pay a visit to the dentist before I go on my jollies. I hope John’s lump/hernia/abbess is responding to the antibiotics and the rest. Fabulous views over, have you been to the castle? Enjoy the rest and the weather.

I hope @tigercub you are feeling better for next week and you can enjoy your holiday. Take it easy and get loads of rest.

Caroline

Thanks yes I'm hoping if I feel rough this week I be better next .have been surprised how fatigue hits you so really must watch that on hol and pace myself think if you feel ok you forget your immune system could be struggling.just today feel ulcers in mouth coming again .my chemo is every 2 weeks so is that why tired more ? Oncology said it's stronger ? Thanks again

tigercub
Quote from @WendySue:
Hi @tigercub I think we all deserve a rant and I think this is the best Forum for support. I suffer if I eat the wrong food but it is tempting to have a treat. I am also in bed as I caught the mother of all bugs from my son- he was over it in a couple of days while I am on third lot of antis to get rid and am keeping hubby awake all night with my cough! We have got the Red Arrows coming to Swansea today and as we are on a hill I can see them over the Bay from my bed- good distraction. Enjoy your soup!

Hi WendySue
I think I forgot to reply to you I always try to when people are so kind and supportive I think little kindness god long way .I do hope your bug is improving how rotten our poor immune system has cope with lot

WendySue

@tigercub thank you yes bug is getting better and have been watching Fawlty Towers tonight with my son-it still makes me laugh after 40 years. How are you, hope you are feeling better too. :x::x:

tigercub

Hi good your getting better .I had horrible bug on 27th Dec had bit sore throat and always take ages shift even before cancer .and had go to chemo thought they won't do it I could hardly speak .I watch all old till death us do part hilarious couldn't show it now. I'm feeling ok now in bed .rough this morning and better afternoon Thank s