Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Chas

Sleeping nightmare

Not only have I experienced ‘normal’ daily worries but last night had a nightmare where consultant told me I’d three tumours elsewhere, bloody hell scary felt real! Anyone else had anything similar? Love to all. :x::x:

WendySue

Hello @Chas that must have been horrible. I have experienced similar where having cancer is part of my dream as though it is impossible to escape from the knowledge even when asleep. The worst one was a dream where I had to take my son- only about 5 in the dream- to the edge of a road- I told him how to cross but then had to walk away without ever knowing if he made it across safely. I see this as working through my fears for the future of my family. My counsellor advised me to remember thoughts are not facts but doesn’t stop me waking up in a sweat! Hope you have happy dreams from now on.

Wendy :x::x:

Lizalou

Yes @Chas, I used to get the 'cancer getting worse' dreams too. I normally enjoy my dreams and am usually a fairly positive person. So I definitely saw these dreams as another of the nasty cancer side effects that no one warns us about. :x::x:

SariDaffs

Hello @Chas (and @Lizalou and @WendySue)

Strangely I had a really nightmarish dream yesterday in the early hours, which stayed with me into the daytime so I read your post with interest.
I'm 6 weeks post op (LAR) and temp stoma, I woke at about 5am with a slightly leaking stoma (yuck, another story) and some pain. With some pain killers I fell into a heavy sleep until 8.30 - dreaming that I had another operation coming that would leave me paralysed and in a wheelchair as a side effect!!! I spent the dream trying to find the doctor to cancel the operation ... what was all that about?
The day before a friend on Facebook said she thought I was lucky to spend this summer in a deckchair in the sunshine ... perhaps it was that going through my mind ... and the impending stoma reversal ... who knows ... I also think that the hot summer nights don't help ...
Happier dreams to all of us from now on
Sarah :x::x: