Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Wellness during and after treatment

kitti

Home at last...

Im pleased to say Im home at last. I had my op on the 30th may and started with a ilius 2 days post op, had a ng tube for apx 10 days, was iv fed and then once that was over with my stoma went into overdrive and i became dehydrated. Its fair to say it was one thing after another, i also failed my twoc so have a cathater atm and have to go to urology too, they are hoping it will correct itself. Anyway I hope everyones been ok whilst Ive been away and Im sending love to each and every one of you :x::x::x:

kitti

Meant to say my op was robotic LAR. :x:

WendySue

@kitti just wanted to wish you well in your recovery from the op as you are having quite a time of it at the moment. Hope it all resolves very soon.
Wendy :x::x:

SariDaffs

Hello @kitti! Goodness I am so sorry that all your post op recovery has taken so long and such a torture! I do hope that you will feel more comfortable at home and can enjoy a bit of sunshine and fresh air that might help a bit ...
Love Sarah :x::x::x:

Salgal

Awwww Kitti have been worries about you, but you are home hurrayyyyy you will recover so much better now I am sure, take it easy big hugs :x::x::x:

Laura74

Let the healing continue! Very happy to hear you are home, you will find it’s much easier to heal in the comfort of your own home. Sending you big hugs and lots of healing vibes :x::x:

Baxter2

Oh gosh! Poor you @kitti!!

I'm so glad to hear you're now on the mend and making good progress! I had an extended time in hospital following surgery when my wound desired to reopen and I had urinary issues too. I was 'threatened' with self catheterisation and was so determined to wee myself that it wasn't thought neccesary in the end. Sending lots of love to you for your ongoing recovery!

K💙💚💛❤️💜

Elmac

Gosh @kitti what a time you have had - I had a ng tube for 2 days and that was bad enough - although my 7 year old grand-daughter thought it very funny that her granny had an elephants trunk!

Bet you are glad to be home - I was
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Elaine

kitti

@Elmac after 4 days I was ct scanned to make sure it was a ilius and nothing else was going on, then a few days later had to have a chest x ray, it really was one thing after another. So glad to be home :x::x::x:

kitti

Thanks @WendySue , @SariDaffs , @Salgal , @Laura74 , @Baxter2 ,and @Elmac for your kind words and wishes, Im taking it easy and so pleased to be back home, just waiting to find out if/when I have chemo now. :x::x::x:

1234annie

Glad your ok Kitti, you had an awful time by the sounds of it but you done it! :x: :x: :x: :x: