Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

DianeS

Picked my box up today

My last colonoscopy was two years ago. Picked my box up today, ready for my appointment next week, just waiting to find out what day. Im going to try and go without sedation this time so I can watch the screen! Fingers crossed the results are good 👀😁xx

1234annie

Can you have concious sedation? I dont think I could do it without. Also you can take picolax which is much better, you need to take two small glasses of the stuff and just drink lots of fluid. You can get a prescription from your gp. :x: :x:

OFJ

My surgeon did my last colonoscopy and he knows I'm not a fan of seeing stuff so he knocks me out, he is ace :). Good luck @DianeS :x::x::x:

DianeS

Many thanks @penjay1902 @springer @OFJ @1234annie and @Clancy, haven’t had time to sort out another prep, so will go along with the MoviPrep. Having it on Friday at 7:30am :x::x:

angepange

Makes my blood run cold!! Good luck with the colonoscopy @DianeS . Mine don’t hurt any more. Maybe the only advantage of losing a huge amount of Bowel!:x::x:

DianeS

That’s what the consultant said @angepange, less twists and turns lol. Thank you for your good wishes :x::x::x::x:

1234annie
Quote from @angepange:
Makes my blood run cold!! Good luck with the colonoscopy @DianeS . Mine don’t hurt any more. Maybe the only advantage of losing a huge amount of Bowel!

How much did you have chopped out? He took 41 nodes out of me. I presume that's a fair bit? :x:

angepange

I had an extended left hemicolectomy @1234annie . I never asked about cm. when you have a T4 I understand they take more away. That’s what I was told. I have as little left that can function. That makes colonoscopies much more bearable! No sooner are they in than they’re at the end! Or that’s how it seems! Haha!:x::x:

1234annie
Quote from @angepange:
I had an extended left hemicolectomy @1234annie . I never asked about cm. when you have a T4 I understand they take more away. That’s what I was told. I have as little left that can function. That makes colonoscopies much more bearable! No sooner are they in than they’re at the end! Or that’s how it seems! Haha!

Yes my last one didn't seem to last too long eaither and I do find that as soon as I eat I need to go!! I don't think it has as far to travel these days. Mine was in an awful mess so he said it's all neat and straight now 😁. I'm getting braver so I will ask at the next appointment. :x:

Lizalou

Good luck for today and tomorrow @DianeS. Hope it all goes well and you get immediate reassurance that everything is fine.

Since @angepange has pointed it out, I am curious to know how quickly the bowel prep works and how straightforward the test is, now you (we) have much less bowel. So do report back!

:x::x:

angepange

Honestly @Lizalou , definitely quicker, definitely less painful! See what you think @DianeS ! Good luck.:x::x:

Baxter2

Hope all goes well @DianeS

Sending lots of love,

Karen :x::x::x::x::x:

DianeS

Hi @Lizalou this is the first time I’ve had MoviPrep and it literally started to work after the second glass at 5:30pm and I’ve been going to the loo ever since. My next 4 glasses are at 9pm, hubby has just said Inlook drained Hahahaha and he is sitting here eating a bag of crisps watching the football 😩😩. Got to be in London for 7am so doubt I will get much sleep. Can’t wait to have tea and toast!! :x::x::x::x:

Pam

Good luck tomorrow @DianeS enjoy that tea and toast :x::x:

crispy

Hope all goes well tomorrow @DianeS . I’ve never had sedation and found it fine and fascinating to see it all in technicolour! :x::x::x:

steve707

All the best for tomorrow @DianeS .:x::x::x:

Bridget55

Good luck for tomorrow @DianeS. Think nice things. Imagine you are back in Ibiza ! :x::x::x:

bichon

HI @DianeS, Good luck with the colonoscopy. I think you should go for the mild sedation.You can watch the screen and its only slightly uncomfortable.My first two times i had PIXOLAX and it was not unpleasant.The last time i had MOVIPREP because i had different doctor but it tasted a lot worse than PICOLAX.I also felt that it was not as efficient as PICOLAX.However I was wrong and it did the job efficiently. But if i had a choice i would opt for PICOLAX.Make sure he gives you the mild sedation.You will feel completely in control.I CERTAINLY would not risk it with no sedation at all.You will feel completely normal during and after it.Best of luck for great result. Love BICHON.

DianeS

Thank you all for your lovely words off encouragement, I’m on my way now! Love to you all Diane :x::x:

Elyana

Be well :x::x::x: