Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Baxter2

Amazing news!

Had my 3 monthly chest/abdo/pelvis CT scan this afternoon. Only thing of significance is that tiny liver lesion is even smaller and no more than 4mm. Nothing else of note seen. Conclusion is that overall, appearances are consistent with ongoing response. Ya beauty!!!!

Hope this gives balance and hope to others amongst the sad news.

Lots of love to all

K💙❤️💜💛💚

1234annie
Quote from @Baxter2:
Thank you both! @jean and @1234annie

Hope you're both doing ok?

K💚💛💜💙❤️

Yes I'm good, body seems ok, mind still f*cked up!

Baxter2

This cancer malarkey certainly does mess with our heads @1234annie

Hopefully through time, you'll fully recover!

Sending love,

K💚💛💜💙❤️

1234annie
Quote from @Baxter2:
This cancer malarkey certainly does mess with our heads @1234annie

Hopefully through time, you'll fully recover!

Sending love,

K💚💛💜💙❤️

It does! You are doing amazing and are a total inspiration ❤
I'm still doing yoga, meditation and lots of cardio trying to build my body back up. I'm not really loosing any weight but I can see my shape changing slowly. :x:

HappyAtom

@Baxter2 that’s just the best news! I’m so pleased you had the balls to stand up to that bloody oncologist 😘

Baxter2

Thank you @1234annie - Sounds like you're on the right road! Never mind about losing weight.........just enjoy the exercise and a healthy diet most of the time (bloomin rich coming from me!!! I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life!)

Thank you @SheliasDaughterAngela

And thank you @HappyAtom - So am I! I'm certain I wouldn't be alive if I was still with her and her prognosis would be correct! Thankfully I have a great Oncologist who I trust entirely. How are you doing anyway??

Love to you all,

K💚💛💜💙❤️

ElaineG

Fantastic results, well done ❤️👍👍

terri m

Hi @Baxter2 .. What part of majorca you going?? Hubbie & I are going into book our week to majorca in september... I finish my chemo in early August.. Oncologist advised me to go 6 weeks after.. I cant wait to get away . bet you are excited too xxx🤗✈️

Baxter2

Thank you @ElaineG @terri m and @LWJ81

We're going to Santa Ponsa @terri m I'm still having chemo and will just skip one cycle. My Oncologist is fully supportive of me going away thankfully! I'm literally like a child I'm so excited! 😎😎

terri m
Quote from @LWJ81:
Great news @Baxter2

Hi @Baxter2 .. I bet you are excited . I am too.. I didnt know whether to get my post chemo scan out the way first, but eithet way. A holiday will be needed... /:x::x::x:

jean

I agree with that @1234annie ha ha. Doing ok though thank you @Baxter2. Tomorrow is a 5 monthly check up at the hospital. Bloods etc. Then its off to majorca in july yippee. :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Ahh lovely @jean

Another Majorca holiday!! Enjoy!

Hope all goes well tomorrow! 🤞

Lots of love,

K💚💛💜💙❤️

Wren17

Fantastic news @Baxter2 :x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you @Wren17

And How are You doing Now?

K💙💜💛💚❤️

kitti

Thats fantastic!!! :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you @kitti! Hope you're doing ok?

K💛💜💚💙❤️

Meezermum

Hi @Baxter2 sorry but late seeing this , but great news :x::x:

kitti

Thank you @Baxter2 Im managing. I have to be honest and say I underestimated what a major operations recovery is like and expected to be back riding within 6 weeks, I now realise this was far too over ambitious and Im thinking I need to not plan and just take each day at a time. I too am thinking a holiday may be needed, possibly to the lake district in the 6 weeks hols, Im just waiting to find out plans for chemo first so hopefully I can book it round that. Im sure my kids would love to go somewhere and have fun as this year hasnt been the easiest for them. Take care, sending huge hugs :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you @Meezermum! I've missed seeing you around on the forum recently. Hope you're doing ok?

@kitti Yes major ops are a challenge to recover from. My liver resection was easy peasy but my cytoreduction and HIPEC was much longer and it took me a good 5 months to feel 'normal' ish!!

Your so right to take things a day at a time and maybe keep some sort of diary so you can see the progress if you feel it's too slow!

Going on a holiday will be good for everyone I'm sure! Get looking and as you say, you can arrange it around your chemo to suit your 'good' days.

Sending love,

Karen. 💛💜💚💙❤️