Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Bridget55

After treatment has finished. Article by Dr Peter Harvey Leeds

There have been quite a few posts on what happens when the treatments finishes.This was an article given to me by my oncology physchologist which I certainly identified with. Im now back on chemo but helped me when I had finished treatment post hipec. Hopefully this helps. I’m back on the roller coaster !

www.workingwithcancer.co.uk/...-treatment-finishes-then-what.pdf

Bridget :x::x:

GD62

hi @Bridget55 always lovely to read your posts and thanks for this informative article. Hope you are coping with chemo.

Hugs and positive healing :x:

Gypsy

My goodness, at last a medic who gets it.

jeangenie

Thank you. I have saved that as I am sure I will want to read it again.

El Ivan

Hi @Bridget55 thanks for the link. What a really good article that I certainly could relate to. 😃:x:

Ally13

Excellent article @Bridget55
:x:

Lizalou

This is a brilliant article @Bridget55 . Thank you for sharing it.

Recently I bumped into an old colleague who had a life changing injury, 12 months ago. We met for coffee yesterday and spent a long time comparing notes about how life had changed, our careers had been lost, our expectations and plans for the future had been altered. So I was very interested to realise that most of the article's discussion about 'moving on' was equally relevant to my friend's issues, and plan to send on the link.

So thank you again :x::x:

Smileysue

Great article and so true. Thank you :x::x:

Elmac

Thanks @Bridget55 for sharing the link - even though I haven't finished my treatment - in fact on week 3 (free week) of my first cycle of Capecitabine - I found it very interesting and reassuring and am going to send it to some of my relations and friends - hope Dr Harvey doesn't mind our sharing it?

Bridget55

Thanks all for feedback and glad it is of help. It is publically available on the internet @Elmac so fine to share. Im also on Capecitabine week 2 plus oxy infusion.
Take care Bridget :x::x:

steve707

Thanks for posting the link @Bridget55. The wife and both read this and feel that the article is spot on. I could really relate to what he said. Many thanks. :x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @steve707 glad you think so. Must admit thats what i thought xx so true

Bridget55
Quote from @Lizalou:
This is a brilliant article @Bridget55 . Thank you for sharing it.

Recently I bumped into an old colleague who had a life changing injury, 12 months ago. We met for coffee yesterday and spent a long time comparing notes about how life had changed, our careers had been lost, our expectations and plans for the future had been altered. So I was very interested to realise that most of the article's discussion about 'moving on' was equally relevant to my friend's issues, and plan to send on the link.

So thank you again

Glad it was of use @Lizalou and to others. Im sure it would apply to many life changing situations. Kinds of puts into words what we are all going through :x::x:

Clancy

Thanks for sharing @Bridget55, I am sure many would agree that this is just what the doctor ordered, someone looking at cancer holistically.
Hope you are feeling alright Bridget, Chemo yesterday? Take care.:x::x:

GB1962

Thank you for sharing this @Bridget55.

Bridget55
Quote from @Clancy:
Thanks for sharing @Bridget55, I am sure many would agree that this is just what the doctor ordered, someone looking at cancer holistically.
Hope you are feeling alright Bridget, Chemo yesterday? Take care.

Hi @Clancy yes chemo 2 yesterday. Feeling ok but just taking it easy this weekend. Great team up there. Xx hope you are doing ok. B :x::x:

DianeS

Hi @Bridget55 hope you are doing well? Thank you so much for sharing this brilliant article. It’s so lovely to see that this has been written by a doctor, and someone that understands. I’m sure we can all identify with every aspect of this information, and it’s really helpful to those that aren’t quite there yet. Love D :x::x::x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @DianeS. Absolutely. Chemo 2 under my belt and next one 9th July. Discussed a week break for my nieces 3 day wedding on 6th 7th and 8th July .Exciting times. All my nieces and nephews returning from Sydney and Singapore the next 2 weeks and other family from Sydney. So need to keep well! I’m sure you are weddinged out !! Look forward to next Sat. Forecast looks good. Good luck with colonoscopy. Lots love Bridget :x::x:

DianeS

Hi @Bridget55 so pleased you are keeping well. Bet you are getting very excited now. We seem to have been organising things for so long, we feel a bit lost now it’s all over. It all went too quickly.?cant wait for Saturday, pray the weather stays good. Looking forward to seeing you love D :x::x::x::x: