Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Relatives and friends

abergirl

Weight loss?

Does it take a long time to gain any weight after a reversal....my husband lost a lot after his first op..and although now after his reversal is eating good simple food..and a daily Complan drink...looks so thin...awful to see for me. His stoma wound is healing really well and he has a good appetite. Thanks.:x:

GD62

Hi @abegirl maybe have your GP have a referral to community dietitian to assess him for ensure plus or fortisip sid feeds on Monday.

Good luck :x:

Tiffany

@abegirl. Glad to hear hubby has had a successful reversal and on the road to recovery. I think that good fats are the way forward depending on what your hubby can actually eat. Things like red meat, olive oil, oily fish, avocado, nuts and seeds are all great things to help put on weight in a healthy way. There is a great cook book called The Royal Marsden Cancer Cookbook which has some great ideas. Tiffany :x::x:

Chas

Hi @abegirl, I lost almost 2 stone after surgery and complications. Took some time for me to build up, increased protein including high protein powder drinks regularly, good food in small portions to begin with and increased portion size as time went on. My weight no back to normal, eating just about anything. God bless positive thoughts coming your way.:x::x:

abergirl

Thanks both..this is amazing.:x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @abergirl,

I lost about 3 to 4 stone following extensive surgery and recovery and relied on daily complan drinks. I've now gained it all and some!!! 😩 certainly follow up on @GD62 's advice though and have him assessed in case a supplement is required.

Sending all my very best wishes,

K💛💜💙💚💚❤️

abergirl

Thankyou so much. Best wishes too. :x::x::x: