Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

laylib

Broken hearted!!

Yesterday was the worst day of my life....my darling husband lost his fight for life to Septic Shock due to anastamsti breakdown...he was on life support for all his major organs for the past 12 days critically ill in intensive care unit....all doctors & nurses have been incredible & so dedicated...I lost my soulmate & my best friend,life can be so cruel at times! I wish everyone on this fabulous site the best of luck in the future....
Love Yvonne
💔💔

jefferswife

So sorry my thoughts are with you :x:

Tinkletot

thoughts are with you 💓

Trinity

Sad news ! Thinking of you :x::x:

eyeofthetiger

@laylib So sorry. Sending you my love and prayers. :x::x::x:

Jenny101

@laylib
Dear Yvonne, words really can’t express how sad I was to hear this devastating news. My heartfelt condolences to you and all of your family.
Please stay in touch and know that you can come on here for a chat anytime. Wishing you strength in the days to come.
Lots of love,
Jenny
:x::x::x:

Bridget55

Thinking of you @laylib. Very difficult to see him in this way and not pull through. Sounds like he was a fighter. Big hugs all round. Treasure all the wonderful memories :x::x:

laylib

Life can be so cruel...this wasn’t in his plan! Can’t believe that the operation went well then the resection split & had been leaking for about 24hrs so his body was overwhelmed by Septic Shock ...he fought hard for 12 days but they told us on Tuesday they couldn’t save him as his main blood supply was dying off so no blood could get to any of his organs so there was no choice but to let him go 😢 I hope Neil’s progressing well & will soon be able to enjoy your life together....wishing you both well

Yvonne xx 💕

springer michelle

So so sorry to read this. God bless :x:

jean

So sorry to hear this. Love and hugs @laylib

Sasa

I am so very very sorry @laylib

Sarah :x:

Lexi

Dear Yvonne I wish I could say something that might help to ease your pain and grief, I like many know and feel your pain and sorrow, our fight for our loved ones is the mightiest thing on the whole of this earth, please do know that we are behind you 100% :x::x::x::x:

Lynne0426

So sorry to hear your news @laylib :x::x:

Hollyhock

I'm so sorry @laylib , this is absolutely devastating news for you and your family. To lose your husband so early on in his journey is just unfair. Sending you love and hugs :x::x:

Globerry

I am so sorry for your loss RIP :x::x::x:

ann1957

so sorry for your loss :x:

Wren17

Hi @laylib , so sorry to read this, thinking of you and sending you lots love and hugs :x::x::x:

sophia

Really sorry to hear your news Yvonne. My thoughts are with you. :x::x::x:

Jim3rg

I have just seen this, I am so very sorry to hear of this, my condolences to you and your family.

Jim

cabbage

:x::x: