Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

mikey83

Does it get easier?

Now over 2years of being clear, ive had a few scares but all good so far and long may it continue.
But My fatigue is terrible and anxiety plays havock at times, i am getting help for the anxiety through my local Maggies centre in Edinburgh, but im struggling with fatigue and energy, does this get better or is something that i will adapt too?
I went back into full time employment 4months from when i was diagnosed, operated and treatments, but that was 2years ago i dont know if i done everything too soon
, i get stressed as i want to do loads but soon as i sit down im snoozing lol.
Some days i feel like im hooked to a tank of redbull but its short lived.
The bills dont stop so work must continue also.
Anyone else been through this or ideas how to help the fatigue?

Mikey :x::x:

Gypsy

I wonder if the fatigue is more related to the sarcoidosis? You know, you have been through such a lot lately and I think that the weariness is not surprising really. I feel you should maybe be a little less tough on yourself and certainly, don't let it become another cause for anxiety. Maybe if you lower your expectations a bit as to what you think you should be doing, then it will naturally improve when you stop worrying about it. Anxiety and depression also cause fatigue in themselves.
I think it is great that you are tackling the anxiety issue. I am so sorry about that but I had awful anxiety and depression and it did all get better eventually. I was amazed to be cured of it and totally well now so hang in there.
Just thought, are you coming to the lunch a week Friday? If so, I shall see you there!
Gypsyxx

Gypsy

Sorry, I forgot to put@mikey83 first!

Baxter2

Hi @mikey83

Wise words from @Gypsy for you! Maybe chat this over with your doctor next appointment?

Looking forward to meeting you both on the 25th at 1200!

K💛💙💜💚❤️

mikey83

Evening @Gypsy the fatigue has been there since my opp/chemo but the sarcoidosis has only bedn in the lats 12mths, altho i do agree it wont be helping.
I really apreciate your reply, and i will keep up my talks/meetings to get this anxiety kicked to the kerb.
Yup i will be there next friday im looking forward to it.
I hope your well

mikey83

Hi @Baxter2 and good evening to you, hope your all good. Looking forward to meeting you all next week :x::x:

GD62

Hi @mikey83

Post op chemotherapy capox has caused some fatigue and like you back at work to pay the bills. Sarcoidosis can cause fatigue and on top of major surgery then recovery can be tiresome.

Anyway good luck and completely sympathise. I sometimes crawl on to examination couch at work but have taken to doing a walk in the park to get rid of fatigue, :)

mikey83

Good morning @GD62 thank you :) its a nightmare at times, cracking excuse to have a power nap at work tho haha, it just gets to me im not as full of beans as i used to be.

Funny you say about the walking thing, i too have been doing something simmilar as it snaps me out it for a wee bit longer.

Hope your well

Mikey

sweetcheeks

Hi @mikey83 Geoff’s not had any chemo , and is double your age , so I apologise if this sounds totally irrelevant!!😩 but if you’re knew him before this you would understand, he has gone from being an energetic 67yr old working full time , keen cyclist, the list goes on , to being exhausted a lot of the time! The changes are unbelievable really, he had 10 months of work, and has returned 1 day a week , but I’m not sure how long that will continue
Good luck
Much love
Tracey
:x::x::x:

1234annie

@mikey83 are you exercising? I brought a (second hand) cross trainer 3 weeks ago and I try for 20 mins a day. I have neuropathy in my hands and feet but I feel so much better for it.
I take 20-30mg of amitriptyline a day for neuropathy pain and anxiety which helps. I too have started 'trauma' therapy on the nhs from cancer and childhood issues. Finally starting to really look after myself, shame it took cancer to fight my other demons too. Hope you feel better soon. X

mikey83

Morning @sweetcheeks yup i can feel his pain with that one, i work in the building trade also a fitness instuctor but everything is a mess lol, i’ll get there tho slowly but surely, hope you and geoff are well and he gets more normality back soon :x::x:

mikey83

Hi there @1234annie thanks for the reply, yup i exercise everyday, i love it, ive started cycling now too and im sleeping better, never heard of “trauma” therapy, but the help im getting through magggies centre with the phycologist is amazing, so glad your getting there too, its crap it takes this to happen to us to get better (if that makes sense)
Hope your well

1234annie
Quote from @mikey83:
Hi there @1234annie thanks for the reply, yup i exercise everyday, i love it, ive started cycling now too and im sleeping better, never heard of “trauma” therapy, but the help im getting through magggies centre with the phycologist is amazing, so glad your getting there too, its crap it takes this to happen to us to get better (if that makes sense)
Hope your well

Mikey

Thats good @mikey83 think it's impossible to have bad thoughts while your working out, it is for me anyway. Yes it's taken cancer for me to deal with the other issues ive spent my life trying to forget. :x: :x: :x:

mikey83

@1234annie it certainly puts things into perspective and changes your outlook on everything,
:x::x:

Jonathan25

I totally understand where you’re coming from, I agree with you 100%

mikey83

@Jonathan25 its brutal aint it, i thought it was getting better but its back, and if i nap during the day i wake early in the morning, vicious circle.
Hope your well.

Mikey