Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

When bowel cancer returns

Sarah Morgan

Husband’s liver resection on Tues

My husband’s liver resection for 2 liver mets is on Tuesday. The surgeon advised they are hoping it will be keyhole surgery. Any experiences of this & what to expect in terms of recovery etc? Thank you.

Lizalou

Oh no @Sarah Morgan !

Fine for Ian, he will be out of it for ages, but you will be shattered. Look after yourself :x:

Catlover

It is always worse for the relative @Sarah Morgan/ the waiting seems an eternity. Make sure you look after yourself as well. Sending hugs :x::x::x:

jinnyp

@Sarah Morgan - thinking of you both - hope all goes well :x::x::x::x:

charleyb

Sending you hugs and fingers crossed all goes well :x::x::x:

GD62

Positive healing and good luck :x::x::x:

Sarah Morgan

Still waiting to hear. Not really sure what time Ian went to theatre but it’s feeling like an eternity 😞

Polly 1

I hope you have heard now @Sarah Morgan. Its a horrible long day just waiting isnt it :x:

Sarah Morgan

Ian’s surgeon called me about 8.30 last night to say it was a tricky op but it went well & they did keyhole 🙂

Lizalou

Great news @Sarah Morgan . Hope you managed a decent night's sleep. :x:

Pam

Good news @ Sarah Morgan :x::x:

Baxter2

Great news @Sarah Morgan

Best wishes for his continued recover

K💛💙💜💚❤️

Catlover

Hope you find him ok today @ Sarah Morgan. :x::x:

Alwyn

Hi @Sarah Morgan hope your husband is recovering well. I had the entire right lobe of my liver and my gall bladder removed by keyhole surgery. I was out of hospital in five days and practically back to normal after two weeks. X.

Sarah Morgan

Thank you all. It was lovely to log back in & see all your messages.
Visited Ian this afternoon & he was a lot better than I expected him to be & looked a lot better than after his hernia op!

Sarah Morgan

Ian is struggling with sickness following his surgery on Tuesday but he’s had his drain & last IV out today & he may be discharged Monday 😊

Bear G

Hi @Sarah Morgan
So glad Ian’s op went well and fingers crossed he’ll be home on Monday!
Sickness can happen after these ops, his body’s been through a lot, but if they were worried they wouldn’t be talking about sending him home
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

Sarah Morgan

Thanks @Bear G. Post-op recovery every time is a rollercoaster ride for Ian. They thought there might be bile in the drain yesterday but this morning the drain was out & his last IV removed!! There’s also an infection outbreak on the ward he’s on so need to get him home ASAP :x::x::x:

El Ivan

Hi @Sarah Morgan it’s not too much of a worry having bile within the drain as on my last Liver resection at the end of January the drain had to be left in for about 6 weeks as I was passing approximately 150-200ml of bile per 24 hours. It’s certainly better out than left in the cavity to cause problems, even though the wound drains are a damn nuisance!