Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

Wren17

Taking a leap of faith Updated 15th May 2018

Hello all, thank you for your kind words and support since i started my journey last April 2017. I have been deemed both incurable and inoperable. I have been on a gruelling 2-weekly chemo cycle for 9 months which has left me hospitalised on many occasions.
However, despite several rejections for hipec including from the Christies I have now been offered surgery with the potential of hipec. Basically im being opened up to see if hipec is possible and if so they will perform it there and then and if not they will close me up again. However, i have been advised that i could potentially end up with a worse prognosis after surgery than before. However, im hoping that the surgery will give a positive outcome with hipec and give me a few years instead of months. As a single parent i need to be around for as long as possible for my children and really hope this surgery will give me this.
Ill have surgery at the end of next week and hope my gamble and leap of faith leave me with a better prognosis after surgery than the one i have been afforded before surgery.
I am scared but trying to be brave and above all hoping that all works out . I would welcome any encouragement and positivity. Thank you

UPDATE: Operation has been bought forward to this Thursday 17th May. Very much in shock as was hoping to spend some more quality time with my children. Instead start the dreaded prep tomorrow and Admission 7am Thursday - mind gone blank which i dont know is a good or bad thing . What is worse is that i have also found out that both my children under age for the wards and ICU's visiting rules so dont know how ill or they will cope as its just been me and my children for last 7 years. Didnt think anything could feel worse than op but hopefully facetime might be the answer reception pending
:x::x::x:

Bridget55

Sending you strength for tomorrow @Wren17 . This is the right thing. Are u at Christies :x::x:

Wren17

Thank you both @Pam and @Bridget55. Not at Christies they rejected me for the op :x::x::x:

Stillme

Hi @Wren17 Only just seen this thread and prob too late for you to see but will be thinking of you all day and look forward to hearing that it was successful and you are on the road to recovery for your beautiful children :x::x::x:

Gill1111

Good luck

You can do this! Uou have everything to live for :x::x::x::x:

KatieR

All the best today @Wren17 We are all thinking about you today and know that you will soon be back on your feet and hugging your children
Cath. :x::x:

jinnyp

Thinking about you today @Wren17 - everything crossed for you :x::x::x::x:

Catlover

Been thinking about you today @Wren17 - hope all had gone well. Sending lots of hugs :x::x::x::x:

OFJ

Sending love and hugs, hope it all went well :x::x::x:

Bridget55

Hope it went well today @Wren17 . Xs

HH79

Hello everyone, I did send Wren a text to say no need to reply but we are all thinking of her & sending love :x::x:

Sele2017

@Wren17, wishing you all the best . You will be fine. .:x::x:

mem

Thankyou @HH79 😘 :x::x::x:

Mum37

Hello @Wren17 I've only just read your post and sincerely hope the operation yesterday went well and they were able to perform HIPEC. I too have been rejected from Basingstoke and now my tumor has grown resistant to Folfiri and panitunumab. I am desperate to have the operation as I think it's the best chance for me to be around longer for my husband and little 17 month old boy. Thinking of you and wishing a speedy recovery. Lots of love :x::x:

Highkaren

@Mum37 have you tried imperial college they were certainly looking at more radical surgery at one point and I’m sure info was posted on this forum...everything’s worth an ask :x:

angepange

@Wren17 . Hope all went well.:x::x:

Baxter2

Hoping everything's gone well for you @Wren17

Sending all my love,

K💛💙💜💚❤️

Freckles50

Hi @Wren17 I’ve only just seen this post. Really hoping the op went well and you’ve been able to see your children. Keeping everything crossed for you. :x::x::x:

gemmabaggies

Thinking of you @Wren17. Hope the op went well. :x::x:

Sasa

Fingers crossed for you @Wren17 , you definitely deserve a break. Hope your little ones were able to visit you or at least Skype you. Bl**dy rules! Quite obviously the best thing for you is to be able to see your little ones.

Sarah :x:

Gill

Hi @Wren17 . Hope it went well. Fingers crossed!

Gill :x: