Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

tigercub

good news

Hi everyone ive not been on here for while not been particularly busy either .did not get anything for pip assessment .stupid questions most of themshe kept telling me how she understands how it makes you feel once you had chemo so i of course had ask her if she had had it no she answers anyway not bothered over that .more exciting things think of had mri scan on liver in march and full body pet scan april 5th i have confused them not only can they not see tumour in bowel they cant see hardly anything in liver maybe scar tissue so got do trip to basingstoke for overnight stay for them do there own scans they dont want open me up and no cancer there so how fantastic is that .has anyone else experience this where 2 tumours have gone after chemo .not out woods completlybut can feel holiday coming .maybe its remission ??

KarenE

That’s brilliant news @tigercub. My husband had his bowel tumour removed by surgery, but his liver tumours did go after chemo. He has recently had an MRI on his liver. We get results on Thursday, so praying they have stayed away. Good luck with your trip to Basingstoke :x::x::x:

tigercub

Hi thanks for your reply .i thought i was going have 2 surgeries now may not have any .good luck for your hubby :x::x:

terri m

Hi @tigerclub.. Pleased with your news. . good luck with further test ect :x::x::x:

tigercub
Quote from @terri m:
Hi @tigerclub.. Pleased with your news. . good luck with further test ect

Hi Terri thanks for reply .still bit anxious. Then have maybe think of return work not what I want to do .:x:

Lizalou

Great news @tigercub

By the way, if you are no longer on work's sick pay, have you applied for ESA? It doesn't pay mega -bucks but if you can't go back to work yet, it would help. It is more or less automatic for cancer patients who have been in regular employment. Good luck. :x:

Baxter2

This all sounds like positive news @tigercub! Good luck!

K💙💜💛💚❤️

tigercub

Thanks hope your doing well :x:

tigercub
Quote from @Baxter2:
This all sounds like positive news @tigercub! Good luck!

K💙💜💛💚❤️

Quote from @Lizalou:
Great news @tigercub

By the way, if you are no longer on work's sick pay, have you applied for ESA? It doesn't pay mega -bucks but if you can't go back to work yet, it would help. It is more or less automatic for cancer patients who have been in regular employment. Good luck.

Hi lizalou .yes I've been getting ESA since February .I don't feel ready for work yet and don't really want to but can't live on fresh air and can't get state pension for another 5 years .would only do part time never go back full time again .thanks advice hope your well :x::x:

chris61

Sounds like very good news @tigercub . I hope your trip to Basingstoke has a positive outcome for you. Best wishes.

tigercub

Hi thanks yes sounds very positive .I'm well aware these nasties can come back and deal with it if so .but for now we enjoy what we have

tigercub
Quote from @KarenE:
That’s brilliant news @tigercub. My husband had his bowel tumour removed by surgery, but his liver tumours did go after chemo. He has recently had an MRI on his liver. We get results on Thursday, so praying they have stayed away. Good luck with your trip to Basingstoke

Hi I hope your husband's results were good

tigercub

[quote]Quote from @KarenE:
That’s brilliant news @tigercub. My husband had his bowel tumour removed by surgery, but his liver tumours did go after chemo. He has recently had an MRI on his liver. We get results on Thursday, so praying they have stayed away. Good luck with your trip to Basingstoke[/q

Jane39

@tigercub . Great positive news . I’m hoping for the same on my next scan .... fingers crossed :x::x:

tigercub
Quote from @Jane39:
@tigercub . Great positive news . I’m hoping for the same on my next scan .... fingers crossed

Hi@Jane 39 had trip to Basingstoke had MRI Monday unfortunately tumour has grown back so will be going back on chemo waiting for my local hospital to get things moving

Jane39

Oh no. Sorry if I misread your post or missed something. Thoughts are with you . This is such a rollercoaster disease . Good lock and positive thoughts with the chemo to get to work xx @tigercub

tigercub
Quote from @Jane39:
Oh no. Sorry if I misread your post or missed something. Thoughts are with you . This is such a rollercoaster disease . Good lock and positive thoughts with the chemo to get to work xx @tigercub

Hi@Jane39 .no don't you misread it .it was possible good news for short while .it's come back quickly .so just got get rid of it for good .yes it definitely is a rollercoaster

Jane39

Sorry to hear this . Dig deep and hope you get back on chemo ASAP . Best wishes @tigercub

tigercub

Hi@Jane39 thanks nurse said probably be 2_3 weeks got have there meeting and get me in see oncologist then picc line n on n on etc :x: