Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

Gill

Sadly I can't join you @HH79 . I have a week's holiday booked the week before and will already have missed one treatment so will have to go straight back on while you're all partying at PB! If we can do it again in September I'll be there! Gill :x::x:

HH79

Ah that’s a shame @Gill but enjoy a lovely holiday :x::x:

Highkaren

@HH79 on holiday in sorento 1 st July so cant push back a week as I need picc line out. Have the most awesome time though and hopefully we can do again :x::x:

HH79

Hi all! Just saying hello and checking who is booked 26-28 June....I know myself and @Baxter2, @Seashells...And @Alwyn are you? @Mum37 be lovely to meet! ..anyone else? :x::x:

Seashells

Hi @HH79 I'm still hoping to be there. My plan was to have finished chemo by then but it has been deferred twice due to a sinus infection then low WBC.
I'm now hoping to have cycle #11 of 12 this Friday then I will need to ask for a week off to be sure I'm well enough to travel.
So I probably won't be PICC line free which is a bit annoying but then nothing ever goes quite to plan, does it?
I'm really looking forward to it so fingers firmly crossed we are all well enough to go. :x:

Baxter2

I'm really looking forward to meeting as many as can make it @HH79

I'm all booked up flight wise and good to go (as long as there are no last minute hitches!!) so is it just me and you who are definites so far??

K💜💙💛💚❤️

HH79

Hi @Baxter2 yes we are ...and we’ll meet up with Tamara @Mum37. @Seashells is hoping to and @Alwyn I think also booked on :x::x:

Bridget55

Im on the waitlist for 26 june :x:

Mum37

Yes @HH79 @Baxter2 @Seashells & @Alwyn I'm all booked in and looking forward to meeting you all. Hopefully @Bridget55 hopefully you will get a last minute cancellation so you can come join the party at PB. It's my birthday the day after on the 29th so double celebrations! :x::x:

Bridget55

🤞🤞 for the right reasons a# don’t want anyone to miss out :x::x:

HH79

Yes I really hope so too @Bridget55 that would be amazing if you can join :x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

🤞you get a place too @Bridget55 :x::x:

sophia

I will be in Bristol whilst you do the course so I may pop in and say hello. Keep me posted if you get a break in between sessions :x::x::x:

DianeS

Hi @HH79 I missed your post, when are you all going? I was due to attend one in GT Missenden but it coincided with chemo and couldn’t make it :x::x::x::x:

HH79

Hi @DianeS we are going 26/28 June. @sophia @Mum37 @Baxter2 so just read itinerary and starts 5pm on the Tuesday until 5pm Thursday. I’m going to leave lunchtime on the Thur. looks fab! All that mindfulness/relax stuff perfect! It does say we aren’t to have visitors! Would a 3pm cake work though in Bristol area? :x::x:

sophia

Ok no worries. It might be worth asking when you get there if I can swing by for half an hour outside of the sessions but if not I understand. Penny brohn is outside the centre soars an alternative I could head over to Pill instead.
I’m in Bristol because that’s where I go to recover from chemo so all this will depend on how it pans out. Would be great to meet some of you though. :x::x:

Naomi6861

I've been to quite a few courses at Penny Brohn including the overnight stays. The whole place is amazing, you will all benefit from it abd fall in love with place. The food is very healthy and nourishing, the rooms are lovely and they have an overnight nurse who you can call upon if needed. Rooms come with extra blankets and hot water bottle. The gardens are beautiful as are the staff. I promise you, you will get so much from your stay and make new friends along the way :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you for this @Naomi6861

It's great to read your very helpful and positive feedback about Penny B! Sounds just what We need. I'm really looking forward to the experience!

Hope you're doing ok?

Lots of love,

K💛💜💙💚❤️

Naomi6861

@Baxter2 you are very welcome, I know you will enjoy your stay. I'm doing well thank you. Hope you are enjoying the sun :x::x::x:

Baxter2

That's good to hear @Naomi6861

I think the sun is hiding a bit up here this week but we can't complain, it's been amazing over the last few weeks!

Have a nice day!

K💛💜💙💚❤️