Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

GD62

Positive Patient Story 72 year old stage 4 male-good anecdote

Hello all

I met a very interesting chap today, a retired 72 year old police inspector who was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer on lungs and liver. He was diagnosed after falling ill below Blackpool North Pier digging up worms for the regular anglers who fish regularly along the Golden Mile. Hen said that he had been going to his GP for considerable time with chest pains, funnily enough the same as me but on admission to A&E m March 2016was given a CT for his whole body which showed a large sigmoid colon tumour with mets in liver and lung.

He was given 12 months to live, last summer the mets spread to his abdomen and was given six months to live, but had six months to live and had six months palliative chemo that significantly shrank all tumour sites and some to nil. He has the same oncologist as me and said results to CT scan so good that he gave him up to two years grace, which he said should bring him up to four years compared to his original 12 months prognosis two years ago.

So keep on keeping on!

Hugs and positive healing :x::x::x:

HH79

Thank you @GD62! Brilliant to read this from someone with many mets in significant organs and that evil Peri bugger! Thank you again :x::x:

jinnyp

Thank you @GD62, what a lovely story to read! Definitely gives hope to those of us with peri buggers!!! 😄 :x::x: