Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

GD62

Cervicalgia Symptoms

Hi Folks

Have been having neck pain the past week, was wondering whether it was musculoskeletal or due to lymphadenopathy. I have felt for cervical lymph nodes and around the base of my neck but can't feel any inflammation of lymph nodes. Just wondering if it's spread as not been on systemic chemotherapy since 12th October 2017.

Anyway on capox tomorrow via picc, any advice?

Hugs :x::x::x::x:

HH79

Hi @GD62 will be thinKing of you tomorrow and this is great to help rule out recurrences in future. Oxi & Cape you had before I think...nothing’s changed to the best of my knowledge ...take care and do nice things for yourself in chemo week. :x::x:

Baxter2

All the best for your chemo tomorrow @GD62

I have mine on wed but I’m gutted as it’s to be a lovely day! I suppose I have Thursday to enjoy the sun too!

K💚💙💜💛❤️

jinnyp

Hi @GD62, just wanted to wish you all the best for chemo tomorrow - did you have it via a cannula before? If so, I think you'll find it much easier using the PICC.

Have you been doing anything different activity wise which could have caused your neck pain? would think pain like that is more likely to be musculoskeletal? It could be that you are tense leading up to chemo maybe.
I can imagine that the first thought you have is that it could be spread, especially as you haven't had chemo for a while - I do that ON chemo so am sure it's even easier to think that way when you are in your position.

Is there a doctor on the unit who could give you a once over and hopefully reassure you? Might be worth an ask?

Take care, Jane :x::x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @GD62. Good luck resuming your chemo. :x::x:

Clancy

@GD62, good luck for today. Love and positive energy.:x::x:

Rach

@GD62 good luck for today :x::x::x:

GD62

Hi @Rach @Clancy @Bridgett55 @jinnyp @Baxter2 @HH79

Thanks for the messages! Also think my neck pain maybe having gone back to work sitting at a desk and computer as I have been on the couch and in bed for about four months lounging about.

Anyway need to go and get showered and ready for inserting my picc line this am, also going to drop my section C of my illness retirement form at my GPs. Start the ball rolling to see if I am entitled to early retirement from NHS.

Have a good Monday all.

Hugs and positive healing xxx :)

Baxter2

I’m pretty certain you’ll get early retirement from the nhs @GD62. Have you seen the occ health doc yet?

K💚💙💜💛❤️

jinnyp

@GD62 - good luck with the PICC, I was worried but didn’t feel a thing. Ask about a shower sleeve - can’t remember the proper name for it but I was given one when I got the PICC!
:x::x::x:

Polly 1

@jinnyp @GD62 I think you mean a Limbo. It's a waterproof cover for the picc line for splashes etc during showers, washing hair etc.

We got a'pre-prescription' form or whatever its called from the chemo unit nurses to give to the GP who then prescribed it. All prescriptions are free when you have cancer regardless of age.