Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Baxter2

The Edinburgh Marathon Festival!

Well............We’ve just signed up and opened a justgiving page to raise funds for Beating Bowel Cancer /Bowel Cancer UK. My three boys are running the 10k and my friend and I are walking the 5k on Saturday 26th May. I just wanted to give something back as this forum has been my lifeline for so long. I’m looking forward to the training in an effort to increase my fitness. Power walking is my aim but a gentle walk will do too I guess! Wish me luck! 🤞(tagging @Sarah-support and information @RosemaryA and @Charlotte Nurse Advisor for information)

Baxter2

Thank you @Charlotte Nurse Advisor.

The running total today is £1,275.00. Heading out walking with my friend tonight!

K💚💙💜💛❤️

charleyb

Brilliant so glad you are doing it!! @Baxter2 pm me your link and i will sponsor you :x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you @charleyb.

It was you that inspired me to do it so thank you for that! I’m looking forward to it all and will post photos of the event!

Hope you guys are going well?

Loads of love,

K💚💙💜💛❤️

Charlotte Nurse Advisor

Wow! That’s fantastic!!!
Charlotte xx

Quote from @Baxter2:
Thank you @Charlotte Nurse Advisor.

The running total today is £1,275.00. Heading out walking with my friend tonight!

K💚💙💜💛❤️

charleyb
Quote from @Baxter2:
Thank you @charleyb.

It was you that inspired me to do it so thank you for that! I’m looking forward to it all and will post photos of the event!

Hope you guys are going well?

Loads of love,

K💚💙💜💛❤️

Awe thanks :) i look forward to seeing photos!!

Yes we are good thanks onto cycle 12 next week eeeek :x::x::x:

Highkaren

@baxter ....go team Baxter :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Running total now sitting at £1,385.00 ! Way past our target of just over £500.00! I’m so chuffed!

K💚💙💜💛❤️

laylib

@Baxter2 ..just to say the race passes through Port Seton where we live...hopefully I can pop down to seafront to cheer you all on but it really depends on how Kenny is as his op is 15th May & all being well hopefully home 7-10 days later :x:

Baxter2

Oh that would be lovely @laylib! We’ll be dressed in bowel cancer uk vests and t shirt with our names on the back.

Fingers crossed Kenny will be well on his way to recovery at home by then! 🤞🤞

K💙💜💛💚❤️

P.s. remember it’s not the marathon we’re doing......my 3 boys are running the 10k and my friend and I ‘hurrying’ the 5k lol! 😉

simon44

Well done @Baxter2 I hope it all goes well,, and good luck on your fundraising. I am coming up to Edinburgh to run the marathon on the Sunday having been kindly entered by my wife! who has raised 15 thousand for bowel cancer West so far this year.

Baxter2

Oh my goodness @simon44! Well done you and your amazing wife!!! £15,000 is a massive amount! What an effort!

I hope it all goes well!

K💙💜💛💚❤️

Elmac

How does one sponsor?

Baxter2

Hi @Elmac

Hope you’re doing fine? I’ve not posted my link on here as not really comfortable asking those affected by bc for money. My total is going well...... now almost £1,500.

Lots of love,

K💙💜💛💚❤️

Gypsy

You'll be wonderful, Karen and we're all so proud of you and your boys!

Baxter2

www.justgiving.com/Karen-O-Malley2

Forum friends: Please don’t feel in any way obliged to donate. I’ve had a few requests for this so here it is!

Lots of love,

K💙💜💛💚❤️

Baxter2

Thank you so very much for your kind donation @Elmac! It is very much appreciated!

Lots of love,

Karen 💙💜💛💚❤️

Elmac

You were the first person to welcome me to this Forum and you live in Fife reasonably close to my daughter and your own story of your fight with this disease heartened me greatly. I think this is a great site, so thought I would give you a donation and hope the support you are receiving with give you the strength to do your 5k walk and your sons the 10k run. You are a very worthy person and this is a very worthy cause. I wish something like this had been around 35 years ago when my dad suffered and died from bowel cancer.

Baxter2

Thank you so very much for tour kind donation @simon44

I’m very grateful to you!

Hope things are a little easier at home and that your lovely wife is more comfortable? Good luck to you for your marathon on the 27th!

Lots of love,

K💙💜💛💚❤️

Elmac

What's the total of sponsorship now Karen?

Baxter2

It’s £1,595.00 @Elmac!

We are all so delighted with the kindness shown by everyone!

Training is going well for the boys but I’ve had a bit of a temp and sore throat the last couple of days so taking it easy. The same happened two weeks ago after chemo so I’m thinking my neutrophils are low again 😩