Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

patti

CT cancelled!!!

Hubbys op was 12th January and we were told no chemo was necessary. When the surgeon examined him he said he felt a mass upper left quadrant and said he would arrange a CT scan and we would see him in six weeks, that was 26th February. The scan should have been Tuesday 10th April but we had a call the day before to say the scanner was broken and they would be in touch. Worried sick about this "mass" as it is and when they cancel it makes it worse. After some phone calls today they have arranged it for 23rd April. I keep thinking this is the spleen and it has enlarged. Could it be spread? I keep thinking no it cant as no lymph nodes were involved and no chemo was needed, although we have not been told the stage just that the surgeon said he got everything and no spread. So now have to wait and worry for the CT to be done. Hubby is more breathless now and it waiting for the aortic valve in his heart to be sorted which cannot be done until the surgeon discharges him from his clinic. :x::x::x::x:

mem

Hi @patti. Sorry, you've both experienced a cancellation. The waiting is already hard work and when cancellations are thrown into the mix it really doesn't help with those nerves does it? A lot easier said than done I know, but please try and put it to the back of your mind as much as you are able, and if hubby is well enough, do some lovely things together (pictures, little walks, days out to somewhere you've never been before) it will help to occupy your minds until scan-time which will be here before you know it. I will have my fingers crossed for you both and will be hoping for a positive result.
Lots of love to you both :x::x: