Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

Colonoscopy early this afternoon. The preparation was difficult, although no pain like last time, there seemed to be a huge amount of water to take with the Moviprep which made it hard to drink and led to bloating. Think I had Picolax last time which was easier to drink. Also the leaflet said there'd be no more toilet visits after about 2 hours since finishing Moviprep but it went on much longer and rushed to the toilet on waking today. Hope it doesn't cause me a problem as I'm using public transport to get to hospital.

Good luck @belinda66

You have reminded me that I made a mental note last time, to start the prep 2 hours earlier than recommended, to avoid that last minute emergency.

Hope you get a nice, straightforward test and no nasty bits found. :x::x:

Good luck Good luck @belinda66, I will be having that fun next month.

Thanks for your replies.

Well, it's a good thing I had the colonoscopy before the 3 years policy of my hospital because a polyp was found yesterday. This sort of thing tends to contradict the claim used by some Trusts that a polyp takes 5 years to grow. This polyp has grown in just under 2 years. They were so busy in Endoscopy that I couldn't be put in the recovery area as the beds were being used by in-patients. Overworked staff as per usual but they were nice.

@Lizalou - hope all goes well with your colonoscopy and I am very relieved you're having one now.

Thanks @belinda66

Glad that you have been sorted and can now relax for a while. But yes, that polyp could have been much nastier in 2 or 3 years.

I feel very justified in my request now, and a bit worried that I could so easily have been reassured by the 5 year advice.

Hi @Lizalou

I was the same about waiting for years and so glad that I found this site as it's been a treasure for information.

The polyp has been sent to the lab so it might yet prove to be cancerous.

The units are really really busy, and i went at weekend! Fingers crossed for you that its NOT cancerous @belinda66 and it just shows how these little polyps grow. :x::x::x::x: