Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Baxter2

Who fancies an Edinburgh meet up?

Following yesterday’s Patients day in Glasgow, a few of us are keen to arrange an Edinburgh meet up for lunch. I realise we’ll perhaps struggle to find a date that suits everyone but willing to give it a go!

I was thinking about Friday 30th or Saturday 31st of March. This is the Easter weekend.

I’m hopeful that you guys can make it? @charly @Highkaren @Ally13 @Alan C @Gypsy @DMR700 @sandeeeee2000 and obviously anyone else who would like to come along? Maybe a bit far for you @mem??

Let me know your thoughts. If dates don’t suit, maybe we could look at April?

Love to all,

K💚💙💜💛❤️

brighty08

I’ll try to come to the next meeting too. Hope you have a great lunch :x::x:

Baxter2

It would be great to meet you @brighty08 I’m sure we’ll arrange another date soon! Hope you’re both doing ok?

K💙💜❤️💚💛

Baxter2

We all had a lovely lunch and lots of chat!

Left to right, @Ally13 @charly and me. @mikey83 couldn’t make it unfortunately. Watch this space for the next date!

K💜💚💛💙❤️

charly

Lovely lunch and great company - thanks for organising and booking @Baxter2 - lovely to meet you and @Ally13. 🥂❤️:x:

Baxter2

Ditto @charly! It was a pleasure to organise and meet you both (although Ally and I met at the recent patients day too!) Hope to arrange another one and hopefully meet a few more fellow patients/relatives!

Have a lovely Easter weekend!

Lots of love,

K💚💙💜💛❤️

mikey83

So sorry guys i could’nt make it, roll on the next one tho ❤️

Highkaren

Sorry I missed your get together, maybe next time. :x:

Baxter2

Hopefully you’ll both manage next time @mikey83 and @Highkaren

K💚💙💜💛❤️

Rach

It looks like you all had a lovely time. I’ve never been to Scotland but it’s on my bucket list. After watching Outlander I’m now desperate to visit 😂😂

Baxter2

Come up for a weekend city break to Edinburgh @Rach! I’ve never watched Outlander despite some of it being filmed in my town! Is it good? 😉

K💚💙💜💛❤️

Rach

@Baxter2 the main man is rather easy on the eye 😉

Baxter2

Haha @Rach! Think I’d better take a look then! 😉 :x::x::x::x:

brighty08

Just wondering - have any of you Edinburgh peeps been to the Maggies Centre at the Western General? Thinking of popping by sometime. Hope you’re all having a good Easter weekend. :x:

Baxter2

Hi @brighty08

I’ve been to the Maggies in Fife but not Edinburgh. I’ve done the stress management course, relaxation, nutrition and the ‘feel good look better’ workshop (loads of free stuff!!) I’ve also had 1:1 counselling from the psychologist which was invaluable.

I was hearing about lots of great things available at the Beatson yesterday like reflexology and other comp therapies. I think it’s a different charity who provide it.

K💚💙💜💛❤️

mem

Ah lovely pic you three. It's good to catch up isn't it? ☺️ :x::x:

brighty08

Hi @Baxter2. Thanks for that. Sounds good and am glad you feel you benefited from everything 👍🏻 Not sure it’s my OH’s thing but was going to see if he could access the massage treatments. Will pop along and see.

Yes I think the Beatson has a wide variety of things going on. It’s just a real pain to get to in my experience. :x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @brighty08

Oops! Yeah, he might not appreciate the make up workshop lol! Our Maggies doesn’t offer massage or anything similar unfortunately. Hopefully the WGH will do! :x::x:

brighty08

Ha ha @Baxter2 😂. I didn’t even think of that! No - not for him I don’t think 😁.

:x::x:

mikey83

@brighty08 hey 🙂 sorry for late reply on this, i use the maggies centre Edinburgh twice a month, its a great place for advice in all aspects, best thing i done was get myself in there.

Mikey :x:

brighty08

Hi @mikey83. Sorry it’s taken a while to get back to you - I was locked out of my account and have only just got back on.

Yes, must pay a visit at some point. Hopefully will be of some use to my OH and possible myself too. Was at the Western this morning dropping my OH off. Crazy place for parking! Thanks again. :x: