Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

LABluebell

Time to say goodbye

Thank you for all your lovely messages of support throughout the last week. I don't know how we have got through it and I know even less how I am going to get through today. Despite knowing for so long that Alan's time was limited and despite the many downward bumps on the journey I am still reeling from the shock of him not being here with me. But so it is, and somehow today at midday I have to say goodbye to my life partner, my husband for 46 years, my best friend. We have been so blessed by the support from people on this forum and by the amazing team of nurses and doctors he had. He was treated with such care and tenderness and respect during his final days. They were always available to us day or night. When Alan passed away the nurse and doctor came immediately and both of them hugged us and shed a tear. Such compassion and humanity.

Lizalou

Sending love and prayers to you and your family @LABluebell . As Gavin says, not everyone gets to spend 46 years with that one special person. I feel devasteated for you but hope you have your family and friends around you for support. :x::x:

Sparrow

Dear @LABluebell, I am so very sorry to hear your news. Sending my love and deepest sympathy to you and your family. What a beautiful photo of you and Alan :x::x::x:

Bridget55

Condolences to the family. With love Bridget :x::x:

Chas

My prayers are with you :x::x:

Clancy

@LABluebell, so sorry for your loss.:x::x:

Globerry

@LABluebell the photo you posted shows your true love for each other 💖 Life is so unfair your husband battled through the BC.Thinking of you today stay strong you lovely lady :x::x::x:

KT

Thinking of you @LABluebell and sending you and your family and friend my love and hugs. A beautiful photo, thank you for sharing your journey with us and the support you have given to others on this forum. :x::x::x:

RIP Alan, sleep well - you’ll be dearly missed :x::x::x:

LABluebell

@KT @Globerry @Clancy @Chas @Bridget55 @Sparrow @Lizalou @Ben81 @LynneW @Wren17 @Michele @springer michelle @Sussex34 @mem @Gary not Gavin @CD1966 @dedicated to dom @Clairelou @lynn collier @Simba1988 @jean @DianeS @sophia @Alwyn @Kittykat @bexly33 @Sasa @Lauren5429 @Sophie @Lexi @palace1960 @angepange @Mountainmaid @steve707 @Julie @Jacey Connell 74 @patti @Meezermum @Jaap @HopsiFAP @Pam @Polly 1 @brighty08 @Maggie-Mae @Trimmer @kim74 @Rach @Jenken @GD1962 @Tiffany @Familyfirst @jinnyp @tonibates1 @kitti @Globerry @Swan @Kareno62 @Sparkles @belinda66 @Pam @sweetcheeks @Daffodil @Lady GT @Trinity @charleyb @lizziejane @Kathy L @Sarah-support and information @Baxter2 Just want to thank each and everyone of you for your messages of love, support and understanding - they have sustained me more than you can possibly know. Sending each one of you my strength and support as you travel your path. :x::x::x:

Freckles50

@LABluebell so sorry to read this post. Wishing you bluer skies in the months ahead. :x::x::x:

Rach

@LABluebell take care of yourself. Much love :x::x::x:

bexly33

So sorry @LABluebell to read your sad post. My thoughts are with you :x::x:

mem

Nothing but a big hug and lots of love @LABluebell ❤️ :x::x:

Maggie-Mae

So sorry @LABluebell . You know that he will always walk beside you.Love Maggiexx

Lady B

So sorry to read this @LABluebell, thinking of you and sending you a big hug 🤗 :x::x:

Trinity

:x::x::x::x::x:

Mandy

So sorry seding love and prayers :x::x:

Michele

And thank you @LABluebell for being there for me too when I needed support. Sending you much courage, strength and love for the days and months ahead. We will be here if you need us. Big hug :x::x::x::x::x:

Mum37

Sorry to hear this @LABluebell , sending big hugs and lots of love :x::x:

Highkaren

@LABluebell ..... thinking of you and sending much love. :x::x::x: