Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

Baxter2

Glasgow Patients day 24th Feb........who’s going?

Hello all!

Just wondering who is going to the patients day in Glasgow this month? Im going with hubby, @Highkaren and hubby, @mem and hubby and I think @Alan C Is anyone else intending going? It would be so nice to meet up with other forum users as long as we work out how to identify one another! 😉

K💚💜💙💛❤️

Baxter2

Me too @mem! 😘 :x::x:

GD1962

Hoping to attend but will see what I'm feeling like, ileostomy bags are playing up after being really good prior to liver resection. :x:

Baxter2

Oh brilliant @GD1962!

It would be great to meet you but take it easy meantime. It’s early days for you!

K💚💜💙💛❤️

chris61

Forum name badges to help identification perhaps? Would like to come along but distance and associated costs sadly rules it out. Hope everyone has a great time though.

Baxter2

That’s a shame @chris61

Yes, something like that or sharing a wee photo via private message before the event could work too!

Hope you’re doing ok?

K💚💜💙💛❤️

mem

I'm happy to share my mug shot if you'd like @Baxter2? Or we can do the name badges?
Be lovely to meet you @GD1962 if you are able. I hope your recovery is going ok and your ileostomy settles for you soon.
Sorry you can't make this one @chris61, hopefully there will be another patient day that will be closer to home for you :x::x:

Baxter2

I think sharing of mugshots just before the day is good idea @mem!

K💚💜💙💛❤️

Ally13

Hello everyone
I haven’t been on the forum recently, but I am attending the Patient Day n Glasgow - alone.
Could I meet up with you all?
Thanks.

Ally13

Forgot to tag....@Baxter2. @mem

Baxter2

Yes of course you can @Ally13 ! I’ll post a photo of me and hubby via pm so you know who to look out for! :x::x::x:

Ally13

Ok. Thanks @Baxter2 . I can pm you a better pic of me.

Baxter2

@Ally13

Good idea! I’ve sent our mugshots haha!
K :x::x:

Ally13

@Baxter2 Thanks for that....think I’ve managed to send my pic etc via pm.

Baxter2

Thank you @Ally13! Got it! :x::x:

mem

Hi @Ally13. Of course you can meet up with us, will be lovely to meet you ☺️. I will send a pic to you and Karen and others if needed :x::x:

Ally13

Hi @mem .....Thanks. Sent pic. :x::x:

GD1962

Hello @Baxter2

I don't think that I will make it, but if I do then I will bring my sister Fran and as you know the BBC executive committee have asked me to do a little Scottish montage of 'I belong to Glasgow'.

So, I'm posting a picture of myself and my sister Fran in our outfits to do our little star turn at the Scottish Patient Day:

Baxter2

Hahaha! You always make me laugh @GD1962!

Perhaps bbc will fly you and Fran up for the occasion?

It would be great to meet you Gerry but I know it’s very early days after your surgery.

K💚💜💙💛❤️

chris61

Are these the new Air Scotia crew outfits perchance @GD1962? :):)

GD1962

Hi @chris61

Actually they are a variety act from the 50's, 60's and 70's called Fran and Anna and lived in Belshill Lanarkshire. I worked in the local chemist and the sisters were minor Scottish celebrities appearing on Scottish TV Scot's programmes like 'Thingummyjig' and the Andy Stewart Show. Anyway they were famous for being so bloody awful as singers.

Anyway, Fran and Anna used to dress like that in real life and c ame into my chemist and I did their prescriptions. Sadly they are no longer with us but lived to be in their 80's.

Carry on camping playmates xxx