Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

John2628

Worrying Under Arm Lymph Nodes !

I hope you are all well.

I turned up at the hospital for my stereotactic radiation/ cyber knife appointment yesterday, only to be told that “my treatment was not now going ahead “ I was stunned literally by this news. The consultant later explained that the areas under each armpit lit up on my most recent CT scan. It was explained this could be another cancer, or something quite trivial which would disappear as quickly as it appeared. After a meeting with my oncologist later that day, the consultant phoned me to say that after lengthy discussion it had been decided to proceed with the cyber knife treatment and monitor the under arm lymph nodes on a later scans. On the one hand I’m relieved, but also acutely aware I now have another worry what these areas are? Has anyone else had this or similar?

Baxter2

More twists, turns and unpredictability with this blinkin disease @John2628!

Keep your chin up and keep looking forward!

Sending hugs,

K????❤️

John2628

Thanks to @Alan C @Bridget55 @Polly 1 @Baxter2 for your comments, onwards and upwards I guess is the only way forward. Thanks again to you all :x::x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @John2628 . Any update on plans. Sending you positive thoughts. :x::x:

Lynette

Hi John, I hope your cyber knife treatment goes well. They may be able to do a biopsy on the nodes in your armpits if they are not buried too deeply. I had swollen nodes in my neck which they were able to get to and confirmed caused by my current problem and not the breast cancer I had in 2004. Mine responded well to chemo and hopefully yours will as well if they don't turn out to be something trivial. Wishing you all the very best :x::x:

Alan C

@John2628 Been reading your update on the other thread. I hope your Cyberknife goes well and also you resolve what's happening with the lymph's under the arm pit. Good luck mate. :)

mem

Hi @John2628. I'm pleased to hear your Cyberknife procdedure is now going ahead. I'd be interested to hear how you get on if ok? There are not many on the forum that have had this procedure. I also hope your lymph node issue is resolved too, its good to hear they are monitoring the situation.
Sending love and luck :x::x:

GD62

Hello @John2628 good luck with cyber knife hope all goes well :x::x::x:

Deemar

Hi @John2628 I am interested in how your cyber knife treatment is going as my husband is hopefully being referred for this to treat his recurrence- 1 lung met and 1 lymph node. Hope you are doing well. Best wishes

John2628

Hi @Deemer. @mem. @GD1962. @Alan C. Things have moved on somewhat since I last wrote, so an update is definitely in order. I turned up at the hospital for the ultrasound guided biopsy of my under are lymph nodes, it was this that delayed the start of the cyber knife. I am delighted to report that the consultant who was to do the biopsy said there is nothing there to biopsy. The relief I felt at that statement was immeasurable. Since then my cyber knife procedures have been going ahead every other day, with just one more to have on Wednesday. The hardest most unpleasant part of the procedure is wearing a very tight restrictive mask to protect optic nerves, brain etc. They then clip the mask to the operating table. I will of course keep you posted as things further unfold. with results etc. John :x:

Pam

Things sound good @John2628 :x::x:

GD62

Marvellous @John2628 xxx :)

Alan C

@John2628 great news re lymph nodes good luck with Cyberknife. :)

Lynette

That's such good news and I'm so relieved for you. The Cyberknife sounds a bit of a 'torture' but its all for a good cause. Best of luck :x::x::x:

Bridget55

Fantastic news @John2628 that this has gone ahead after that difficult setback. Keep focused on the treatment.I had a detached retina a few years ago so have been through the mill a bit with head and eyes so can understand it must be daunting. So so pleased for you. Good luck gettting through this and hopefully then look forward to a well deserved holiday. Love from Bridget :x::x::x:

Deemar

That's great news @John2628 Hope it all continues to go well for you. My husband has just been today for a preliminary appointment and we got all the details of what to expect. So we are now anxious to get started on the treatment as soon as possible. He is to have 2 different types - SABRE for the lymph node and something else similar(can't recall exact name!) for the lung met. Best wishes to all.

Baxter2

This all sounds very positive @John2628

Great update!

K💚💜💙💛❤️

mem

It is so good to hear your positive news about the biopsy (or lack of) @John2628. Good luck with your last cyber knife session today, which does sound interesting, especially with the mask requirement!
Thankyou for updating us and my fingers will be crossed for great results for you xx.

CD1966

Excellent update @John2628

John2628

Thanks for the good wishes @CD1966 and @mem. yes it’s a waiting game now for 6-7 weeks until I see the consultant who runs the cyber knife treatment for a review. They warned me about tiredness which is definitely the case, but hopefully it will wear off in a few days. Take care to you all :x::x::x: