Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

Jon-T

A good news stories for stage 4 peoples.

As you can see in my profile I had an operation for bowel blockage in 2013 and then a liver resection of 40% in 2014. Last year I had a CT scan and blood test with no evidence of disease. Last week I had a meeting with my surgent after a colonoscopy in November and he used a strange word ... Cured… I thought ok it is gone, but will it come back?

angepange

Great account @Jon-T, I’m so pleased for you. I think there should be a separate section for resectees on the site. It gives others such hope to read this news and others similar. I love your words of wisdom @Sparkles . :x::x::x:

charleyb
Quote from @angepange:
Great account @Jon-T, I’m so pleased for you. I think there should be a separate section for resectees on the site. It gives others such hope to read this news and others similar. I love your words of wisdom @Sparkles .

I was just thinking this today @angepange , a section or a thread to give hope to others :x::x::x:

angepange

Hi @charleyb . Maybe moderators could take this forward @Lizalou ? :x::x:

mem

Hi @Jon-T. This is amazing and inspirational news. So happy for you and thankyou for sharing.

Hi @angepange. Will leave your question with @Lizalou. Another option is to share your story on the beating bowel cancer site like @charleyb's hubby has done. I totally agree that these kinds of stories provide so much hope for people. :x::x:

Licklecars

Great news, well done :)

springer michelle

Great news. Its gone. Now live and forget about anything else :x:

Stillme
Quote from @mem:
Hi @Jon-T. This is amazing and inspirational news. So happy for you and thankyou for sharing.

Hi @angepange. Will leave your question with @Lizalou. Another option is to share your story on the beating bowel cancer site like @charleyb's hubby has done. I totally agree that these kinds of stories provide so much hope for people.

Absolutely fantastic news and an inspiration to so many. Could I please ask where the stories are as I consider my relatively intelligent but cannot find them anywhere...!!!

angepange

Any mod can take the suggestion @mem? Just @Lizalou was the first one who sprung to mind. It’s not just the stories, which are obviously fantastic, I just thought it could be good to have a heading of stories of hope, or, a resection heading. It may be s rubbish idea, I don’t know! It just popped into my head this morning. :x::x:

Rach

@Jon-T wonderful news :x::x::x:

Lizalou

Hi @angepange @Jon-T @mods and everyone

A 'good news ' thread would be a lovely idea and give hope and inspiration to many. It is sometimes tricky to share fantastic news when others are struggling so perhaps keeping the two issues entirely separate would make sense.

BUT.....

1) I for one just look at 'active topics' regardless of catagory/topic classification. Do others do this too?

2) For those who choose only to view certain topics which are relevant to you, would too many separate topic categories be confusing?

3) Would it work to have a 'pinned' or 'sticky' thread within one of the topics where positive stories could be posted (but then there wouldn't be room for lots of replies)

Just thinking aloud! Suggestions always welcome! Thanks Angie for the idea.

angepange

Hi @Lizalou . Just one more heading of ‘stories of hope’ is all that’s needed. I’m unsure if that would cause confusion or not? Then, you are right, people can chose to look or not . Anyway. I doubt it will happen as the forum has only recently been re gigged, but, food for thought. :x::x:

Swan

I think one more heading 'stories of hope' is an excellent idea. I don't know about others but I tend to only check certain topics. @Lizalou and @ Angepange.

Sparkles

Stories of hope sound perfect, love this idea ????

HappyAtom

@Jon-T that’s such good news. Well done ??

Polly 1

Like @Lizalou I only look at 'active topics' but agree anything that could be done to help newbies looking for hope/good news stories would be useful

mem

Definitely food for thought @angepange and it's far from a rubbish idea, it's a very thoughtful one.
@Stillme. I was referring to beating bowel cancer on Facebook. Lots of inspiring experiences are published on there too. And they may not be in one place on the forum (at the moment) but there are a lot of inspirational stories on the forum too ? :x::x:

CD1966

Absolutely great update @Jon-T !

Jon-T

Thanks all of you :)

Lee1974

Cracking news! Encouraging that there is hope when you start off at Stage 4.

rainy2018

That's wonderful and so encouraging. My husband has recently been diagnosed. Surgery scheduled for next week with chemotherapy and liver resection to follow. Reading all the posts is a bit like having to learn a new language with stages and drug cycles. I hope we can have your news one day to. ?I wish you good health!