Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

jinnyp

First scan result - so relieved!!

I had the results today from my first scan after completing 6 cycles of Folfox with Cetuximab and relieved is an understatement?

There has been good shrinkage of approx 50% of the primary bowel tumour and the large liver met. A lot of the ‘shrapnel’ has gone and everything else is smaller. Apparently it has been passed to the liver team for discussion at the MDT to see if there is enough shrinkage for liver resection.

I hadn’t realised how wound up I was about today until I came out - the relief is immense and it seems like there is still hope that I can have a chance of cure, however small.

Sorry am rambling now but had almost talked myself into preparing for a poor response.

Thank you to all of you who have held my hand thus far - you don’t know how much it has helped!

Love to all, Jane :x::x:

GD62

Marvellous news good luck ?

charleyb

Great news!!! :x::x::x:

Pam

Great news @jinnyp :x::x:

sweetcheeks

❤️ , great news @jinnyp :x::x::x::x::x:

chris61

Wonderful news @jinnyp . :x::x:

Clancy

@jinnyp, fabulous news, good luck with everything.:x::x:

Mum37

That's brilliant news @jinnyp hope liver team can operate quickly. Best of luck! :x::x:

Afraidboy

Excellent News :x:

HH79

Fabulous news @jinnyp so happy for you :x:

Sparkles

Brilliant news @jinnyp

mem

@jinnyp what a fantastic response to chemo. So happy for you and best of luck with the liver team too :x::x:

kim74

So pleased for you @jinnyp hope your liver team have good news news for you soon.
Kim :x::x:

Kareno62

Fantastic news @jinnyp :x:

brighty08

Great news @jinnyp. Hope the meeting with the oncologist goes well. :x:

jinnyp

Quick update!
I have just had a call to say that my PET scan is on Thursday so looks like I won't have too long to wait for a decision one way or another. Presumably they are looking for any hidden nasties that haven't shown up on the CT or is it to get more precise info as to the existing mets and their exact position? Suspect a bit of both.
Part of me wants to know but the other half doesn't :)
Love to all
:x::x::x:

Alwyn

That is such good news @jinnyp . Onwards and Upwards. :x::x::x:

GD62

good luck @jinnyp :x:

Baxter2

Hope all goes well with the PET scan @jinnyp

K????❤️