Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

El Ivan

Liver resection Number 4

After being clear for 15 months and over 4 years into this rollercoaster, last June 2017 I had a recurrence and was told this time I was inoperable. I finished another 8 rounds of Capox in December and luckily the tumour has shrunk down from 72mm to 42mm. I went for my pre-op yesterday and am pleased to say that my fantastic Liver Surgeon is going to give it a go on the 31st January. I've been told it's in a very difficult position to remove due to it being intimately involved with the Hepatic veins but nothing ventured, nothing gained eh?
So anybody looking for a bit of encouragement after a recurrence as I'm sure we all have done in the past even on "Google" (Very naughty) outdated statistics etc. Keep the faith as none of us know what's around the corner. Unless you have a mirror, then you do, but you know what I mean. :)

Alan C

@El Ivan Fantastic news, rest up and get well soon. :)

Sparrow

@El Ivan, sorry I missed you before surgery, but I'm thrilled to read your update and so happy that you've come through a successful 4th liver ressection!! You're a super star! All the best for a speedy recovery! Much love and hugs :x::x::x:

angepange

Oh @El Ivan , that is such brilliant news.:x::x::x:

palace1960

fantastic news @El Ivan - wishing you a speedy recovery mate - cheers Ron

El Ivan

Thanks so much for your messages of support. Glad to say came back to room yesterday so finally got some sleep after being in HDU. Profs just been in to see me and all bloods are looking fantastic and have been for walks with physio and managed a flight of stairs too. Just need the drain to slow a little and they will let me home. Thanks again and keep on keeping on.
Ivan x😃

Polly 1

Thats brilliant @El Ivan you sound like you are doing very well. :x::x:

Jorton

Great news @El Ivan

Baxter2

Great news @El Ivan! Sounds like you’ll be home in no time!

K💚💜💙💛❤️

Rach

@El Ivan great news :x::x::x:

mem

Hi @El Ivan. Sounds like your recovery is going really well, which is great to hear. And check you out doing stairs at this early stage!
I hope that drain is now redundant so you get home soon and I hope your recovery continues to be a smooth one. ☺️
Sending love and take lots of care :x::x:

Zara

Well done You! You should be so proud of yourself! Take care :x::x:

El Ivan

Woohoo! Got home 20 mins ago. Drain still attached as it’s collecting a fair bit of bile from the surgery but had it cut back and wearing a drainable stoma bag over it so I don’t have the tubing flapping about. Can’t thank the staff at Leeds enough from me going in on Wednesday to getting back home on the Sunday. Pretty tired but knew I would be. Pain management has been fantastic and am just on the paracetamol now. Thanks again for all your support and I’m going to take it easy for a few weeks. Starting with watching the footy @mem!
Ivan 😃 :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Fantastic news @El Ivan!

Kick back, relax and enjoy the footy!

K💚💜💙💛❤️

Polly 1

Glad to hear you are safely home @El Ivan take it easy :x::x:

mem

So glad to hear you're at home @El Ivan just sorry the drain had to go with you too. Hopefully, it will slow down and be removed for you soon. Feet up, relax and recover. You've done it 💪🏻 !

P.s. We were doing exactly the same btw! Again! Gutted it's finished 😉 xx.

AliceB

@El Ivan - so pleased to hear that you're home and everything has been a success .
Keep on keeping on :x::x:

CD1966

Bloody fantastic news @El Ivan - you're doing brilliantly!

Sparrow

Welcome home @El Ivan !!! Take it easy and enjoy the footy :x::x::x:

Michele

@El Ivan, have somehow missed all of your news. Over the moon your surgery went well and you are at home with your feet up. Enjoy the rest :x::x::x::x::x:

DianeS

Hi @El Ivan so pleased you have had your surgery and you are home. Best of luck for your recovery love D :x::x::x::x: