Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

El Ivan

Liver resection Number 4

After being clear for 15 months and over 4 years into this rollercoaster, last June 2017 I had a recurrence and was told this time I was inoperable. I finished another 8 rounds of Capox in December and luckily the tumour has shrunk down from 72mm to 42mm. I went for my pre-op yesterday and am pleased to say that my fantastic Liver Surgeon is going to give it a go on the 31st January. I've been told it's in a very difficult position to remove due to it being intimately involved with the Hepatic veins but nothing ventured, nothing gained eh?
So anybody looking for a bit of encouragement after a recurrence as I'm sure we all have done in the past even on "Google" (Very naughty) outdated statistics etc. Keep the faith as none of us know what's around the corner. Unless you have a mirror, then you do, but you know what I mean. :)

DianeS

Oh @El Ivan I can’t tell you how happy I am for you. You must be over the moon, so so pleased. Big hugs D :x::x::x::x:

Gypsy

Hi@El Ivan,
I'm so pleased to hear your news and really hope you feel much better soon after being through the mill again.:x::x::x:

eyeofthetiger

@El Ivan Fabulous news on getting the all clear. Hope you are fully recovered after your Sepsis. :x::x::x:

steve707

Hi @El Ivan this is fantastic news, after all you have been through, am so happy for you. Onwards and upwards.:x::x:

mem

Amazing man that has been through so much!! Fantastic news!😃 :x::x::x:

angepange

Rave on!!!😊:x::x:

determinedjoan

V well done 👍 El Ivan ! You’re a gr8 inspiration! Do hope you feel fully recovered soon :x:

El Ivan

Thanks for all your lovely messages. Just got back from our oldest daughters graduation. Didn’t think I’d even see her start Uni four and a half years ago. Keep on keeping on,
Ivan 😃 xx

WendySue

Congratulations on your great news @El Ivan and what a smashing photo!
:x::x:

GentleWhisper

That’s amazing. Congratulations! 👍🎉 :x::x::x:

Gypsy

@El Ivan
Oh, what a lovely photo of you both and what a pretty daughter you have and you look great yourself. You must be so proud of her as we are of you!
:x::x:

Baxter2

@El Ivan

Aww, what a beautiful photograph capturing a beautiful and memorable day! Brought a few tears to my eyes! You're amazing!

Loads of love to you and your family!

K💚💛💜💙❤️

Lizalou

Great to read your update @El Ivan . Hope your health improves in leaps and bounds after the good news and celebrations. :x::x:

charleyb

Brilliant photo, enjoy the celebrations 🎉 :x::x:

Sean

Wicked news @El Ivan !

EDIT. You look great man!

Catlover

Wow- @El Ivan fabulous photo. You should all be so proud of yourselves :x::x:

Jorton

Absolutely brilliant news. Keep on believing 👍🏼

CD1966

Absolutely great news from your scan @El Ivan - brilliant!

CD1966

And what a smashing photo!