Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

poshbird

A year on!

Morning all.
Just saying hi to a wonderful team who have been by my side through this journey. I can’t believe a year has gone by......I see my Surgeon on Monday for results of the yearly scans and am hoping for good news. Twinkle the Stoma has been behaving well, dehydration has been a nightmare but a couple of days on IV fluids cures it. I have had low days wondering where this journey is going but all in all, with everyone’s help I am doing ok. I pop on now and again to read about everyone and still the fantastic support is there for all of us. Thank you all. :x::x::x:

Kareno62

Glad to hear you're doing so well @poshbird and good luck for tomorrow :x:

poshbird

Results are in........ all clear!! ! kicked it’s ass. Thank you all. :x::x::x::x::x:

Bear G

Woo hoo!!!
Congratulations!
BIG hugs
Bear
:x::x:

youarewelcome

Oh so pleased for you

Catherine Blakeney

Oh my god @poshbird totally fab news go celebrate so so pleased for you :x::x::x::x:

Mountainmaid

Brilliant news ? :x::x:

jules75

Great news :x::x:

mem

Really fantastic news @poshbird! So pleased for you :x::x:

Sally1963

Fantastic news @poshbird! You must be so relieved. I too have just had an 'all clear' from my CT scan on Dec 30th, and just heard I may be getting my reversal on Friday. Onward and upward!
Enjoy your celebrations :x::x::x:

Catherine Blakeney

@Sally1963 fab news to hear your also have a clear scan, hope the reversal goes well ?

HappyAtom

@poshbird - great news. I got my one year post op clearance a couple of weeks ago - haven’t stopped grinning since. Think we went through a lot of our treatments at a similar time. @Sally1963 - another clear scan celebration. Good luck for your reversal - hope it is as straightforward as mine was, no reconnection issues here ?

Sally1963

Ha ha @HappyAtom, I have already been 'reconnected' but I spent 9 hours on the table and still ended up keeping my baggage! Small bowel was plastered to aorta....eek! But this time, what could possibly go wrong????? Good to see another all clear story :) :) :)

Baxter2

Fantastic news @poshbird!

K???❤️?

GD62

Hi @poshbird

Marvellous news , remember to share your luck :x::x::x::x:

Freckles50

@posbird so please to read this post. Well done you ! :x::x:

DianeS

Hi @pishbird so pleased and extremely happy for you, just love good news and positive results :x::x::x::x::x:

Michele

Lovely news @poshbird :x::x::x::x::x: