Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Younger people with bowel cancer

Lauren5429

Matthew's Funeral Arrangements

Hi All,

I know you don't know me or Matthew personally but I thought I would share the details of Matthew's funeral here.

Matthew wanted us to raise money for both Beating Bowel Cancer and Cancer Research UK, so hopefully our efforts will help others. Thank you so much for all your support throughout Matthew's illness, I don't know what I would have done without you all. xxx

It is with deep sadness that the family and I announce the peaceful passing of our beloved Matthew, age 31, on Wednesday 3rd January 2018 after a long and incredibly courageous battle with bowel cancer.

Matthew’s funeral service will be held at St James' Church, Rowledge, Farnham on Wednesday 24th January at 2pm followed by the wake at Blacknest Golf & Country Club, Alton.

We would like your help in creating a memory book which captures your special moments with Matthew, so please bring along a printed photo to add to our keepsake.

Family flowers only please, there will be an offertory box on the day for donations in Matthew’s memory for Beating Bowel Cancer and Cancer Research UK. Alternatively donations can be sent c/o Thorne Leggett, 8-10 The St, Wrecclesham, Farnham, GU10 4PR Tel: 01252 715 520.

Everyone is welcome, and in the words of Matthew the dress code is “No scruffy people”.

GD62

Hello @Lauren5429

Deepest sympathy and such a handsome photo. God bless Matthew and your family and I will mention him in prayers this evening. :x::x:

El Ivan

What a lovely photo, thoughts are with you @Lauren5429 :x:

jules75

So sorry for your loss :x::x:

Trinity

@Lauren5429 a beautiful photograph of your lovely man, I send my love & will be thinking of you especially on the 24th :x::x::x:

Jaap

Hi @Lauren5429.
I hope you give Matthew the best of send-offs on the 24th, surrounded by family and friends dressed in their Sunday best.
I also hope you collect a good few quid for your two charities.
As others have said..lovely photo and a handsome fella.
Thinking of you and your family.

Baxter2

What a handsome guy he is @Lauren and same age as my oldest son. Just a boy in my eyes who should have had his whole life ahead of him with you.

It’s so unfair and my heart goes out to you and your families.

Sending all my love for the 24th and for the days and weeks ahead. Please know that your forum family are right beside you.

Karen :x::x:

springer michelle

Very cruel, so young, so handsome, will be thinking of you on 24th, god bless Matthew :x::x:

Sophie

I've been thinking about you everyday! I hope the funeral goes as well as it can, will be holding you in my thoughts x sending you all the love lovely lady :x::x::x:

bbrose1

such a handsome young man my deepest condolences @Lauren5429 thinking of you at this dreadfully sad time :x::x:

Swan

The memory book is a beautiful idea @Lauren5429 . I will be thinking of you on the 24th. :x::x:

SariDaffs

Unbearably sad for such a lovely young man with his life ahead of him. Am thinking of you :x:

Sasa

How very sad for you and your family, I am so, so sorry.

Sarah :x:

mem

What a lovely photo of Matthew @Lauren5429 and thankyou for sharing with us.
You and your family are in my thoughts. Love Marie :x::x:

nat

I so sorry for your loss Lauren. Life can be so cruel to take someone so young. Good night and God Bless Matthew. :x::x:

Sandy94

So sorry for yours and your families loss Lauren, thinking of you all at this very difficult time. Hannah :x:

Sean

What a good looking lad!
Thank you for having the strength to come back here Lauren. God knows the pain you're going through, it hurts us immensely too, we share the grief around and gain strength from what has gone before us.
We will always be here for you.
Sean.:x:

mchillier76

@Lauren5429 I realise we don't know each other,but I wanted to send you my love and strength. Life can be awful and throw in curve balls. I've no answers or solutions but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and your family.:x::x::x:

patti

I am so very sorry Lauren. I am thinking of you. :x::x::x::x::x:

Wendywood

My heart is with you @Lauren5429..... sending you much love and strength. Be thinking of you and your beautiful Matthew on the 24th :x::x::x:

divingdavey

I will be thinking of you on Wednesday I am so very sorry you're going through this :x::x: