Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Lymond

Very loose stool

Hi there, never posted before but had all but 6 inches of colon removed March 2015, due to MUYTH- associated polyposis. Discovered had Stage 3 but no after treatment necessary. Have been incredibly lucky with an average 1 to 2 bathroom trips a day with firm formed stool. This last 2 weeks stool now v loose and feel like I need to go all the time. Has anyone found anything good to firm this up please?

sweetcheeks

Hi @Lymond , aa my husband situation is different, I have no experience in your symptoms, but what I have learnt from all this is , if you’re concerned speak to your gp/ consultant or colorectal nurse ,
Good luck ,
Tracey :x:

Bear G

Hi @Lymond
You’re not alone, this sort of thing does happen to lots of us.
As @sweetcheeks suggested, it’s a good idea to get checked when there are persistent changes to your Bowel habits, especially with your background - just to be safe.
It’s almost certainly something very minor such as a dietary thing or a bug but better to know.
When this sort of thing happens I tend to keep a food diary for a few days to see if there’s an obvious trigger.
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x: