Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

bexly33

Gum problems

I finished chemo end of November. My top gums have turned white. Has anyone else suffered with this and what can the cause be. I've also been ill since Christmas with this terrible chesty non stop cough bug. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you all :x::x::x:

Lizalou

Possibly thrush @bexly33 ? I had that at the end of chemo, was obviously very run-down, made everything taste of cardboard, eventually cured with 3rd attempt at an effective prescription.

Bear G

Hi @bexly33
As @Lizalou mentioned, it's not uncommon for us to get ill after Chemo as we're so very run down, that's especially true at this time of year.
I'd suggest giving your Chemo nurse a call tomorrow to get advice even if you've been discharged from the hospital. They may be able to help or suggest the best route to get things sorted for you
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

bexly33

Thanks @Bear G. Ive just seen ur post. All the best for the New Year.

I turned 70 in December but surprise celebrations on hold due to being ill. My daughter did a brill pressie for me ie cards for every month this year with a picture of something each month to do. Jan had to be cancelled as poorly. It was Peter Pan my fave panto. Take care :x::x::x:

Bear G

Belated happy birthday for last month!

That sounds like a fab gift @bexly33 , what a great idea. Sorry to hear the first ones had to be postponed but hopefully not for long.

Did you get chance to speak with someone about your gums?

bexly33
Quote from @Bear G:
Belated happy birthday for last month!

That sounds like a fab gift @bexly33 , what a great idea. Sorry to hear the first ones had to be postponed but hopefully not for long.

Did you get chance to speak with someone about your gums?

Yes, I.did. she tel me today. She's so lovely. I cd be slightly anaemic but nothing to worry about. She asked me to see dentist. She asked me to tell her next week if chest probs no better and if not will see me in clinic.

Take care :x::x::x:

Bear G

Fab, glad you’ve had follow up @bexly33

bexly33
Quote from @Bear G:
Fab, glad you’ve had follow up @bexly33

🤓👌🤗